[REVIEW] Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver)
Oct 17, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #121 of 129

7N OFHC Silver Plated, just arrived yesterday.
smile.gif
 Before that I was using some mystery Rhapdosodio cable that was blue in colour. 
I cannot work out what metals are used in this blue cable below, but it damn sounds like silver to me? Maybe Lin knows, he was on the tour. 

Has large airy soundstage and made the mids sound thin but well detailed and was rather bass light. When I first plugged the new SPC cable in it took a while adjusting, I had to second guess I was actually upgrading for an hour over the blue cable but the SPC certainly makes the mids thicker and expresses better bass impact.

If you ever get a chance to try one of these mystery cables I recommend doing so....

Yes they're, I can get them for about $1.00 a pair.

If I remember correctly, the blue cable was copper, but man, it just could not stay still. Might have been a mix of copper and silver, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't pure silver. 

I bought a whole bag of Heir tips as well, they're great and have a large soundstage. 

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #122 of 129
  If I remember correctly, the blue cable was copper, but man, it just could not stay still. Might have been a mix of copper and silver, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't pure silver. 

I bought a whole bag of Heir tips as well, they're great and have a large soundstage. 

That cable gave me absolute hell at first, the hoops were moulded for ants ears!
I took a lighter to them waving it over lightly and moulded them out, then it was a lot better.
I had problems too, I agree about the cable metals, you wouldn't think it'd be silver but it sounds really crisp and clean.
I don't understand why exactly.

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #123 of 129

That cable gave me absolute hell at first, the hoops were moulded for ants ears!
I took a lighter to them waving it over lightly and moulded them out, then it was a lot better.
I had problems too, I agree about the cable metals, you wouldn't think it'd be silver but it sounds really crisp and clean.
I don't understand why exactly.

Isn't waving a lighter around a cable a bit risky? 

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #126 of 129

cool.gif

The memory part certainly looks much better, but how did you stop the cable from flopping around everywhere? 

I know what you mean, it has a coil in it that cannot be removed about half way which makes it spring around.
I didn't use them on the go, mainly just stationary so it didn't bother me.

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #127 of 129

I know what you mean, it has a coil in it that cannot be removed about half way which makes it spring around.
I didn't use them on the go, mainly just stationary so it didn't bother me.

I see. 
Personally I liked the brown clothed cable and I feel like it sounded the best and it lost it's magic with the other 2 cables. Charles told me it is a silver/copper crystal mono cable whatever that means. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back