2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
Jun 4, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #346 of 378
I know its after the fact, but after being outplayed in 5 straight games, why would you think that Detroit was gonna mount a comeback? Not trying to be an ***** here, but they were sleepwalking through the playoffs you had to figure it would catch up with them eventually.

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #347 of 378
Yes, Detroit didn't show up to play especially Rasheed Wallace. He failed the team when they needed him the most. I think Detroit era of dominating the Eastern Conference is over. There will be some changes with the starting five as Billup is a free agent this year.

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #349 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by atsang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it me or is the media hyping lebron maybe a smidge too much? hes good of course...but man, they love the crap outta him

Just take a look at the playoff ratings, and you'll have your answer. The NBA desperately needs the next Jordan for whatever reason D Wade didn't take last year so it's time to latch on to Lebron. In a few years it'll probably be Oden and Durant. Then OJ Mayo a few years after that, it's what they do.

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #354 of 378
Double Dribble may the greatest basketball game ever made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my fav team has gone...

Who were you rooting for from the U.K.?

My favorite team are the Hornets. Not only did they not make the playoffs, they left the state on me!
biggrin.gif
Sorry bastards.

Tonight Tonight Tonight...oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spurs take this one and the series in six.

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #355 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Double Dribble may the greatest basketball game ever made.

Who were you rooting for from the U.K.?

My favorite team are the Hornets. Not only did they not make the playoffs, they left the state on me!
biggrin.gif
Sorry bastards.

Tonight Tonight Tonight...oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spurs take this one and the series in six.

Looks like it could be less. The Cavaliers really aren't any match to the Spurs, obviously. The problem with Detroit this year, I felt they didn't play the same kind of clamp down defense they used to. Perhaps it's because of the departure of Ben Wallace? Who knows? Or perhaps it's because of David Stern, in my opinion the worst commissioner in any American sporting league?

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #356 of 378
Lebron is supposed to be a beast. He keeps dribbling to the top of the key, then gets trapped by plain double-teams. Cavs can clearly hit the three's - they need to help out Lebron better when he's stuck. 4th quarter of game 2 last night clearly shows that the Cavs have a lot of energy and can run the Spurs...they need to find a way to let Lebron storm the hoop more and get guys like Duncan into foul trouble early.

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #357 of 378
The Spurs defense is strong on the inside and on the perimeter, their weakness is in the mid-range area. They need to give Lebron the ball in the high post to operate; this is where they'll find success. The issue is if Lebron is comfortable working from this area, his usual style is to start from the perimeter. I don't really think it would change the outcome of the series, the Cavs just look happy to be there. I'm thinking the Cavs might win a game in Cleveland, but it's definitely not coming back to San Antonio. Detroit would have given the Spurs a tougher time, Rip has that mid-range game down.

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #358 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Spurs defense is strong on the inside and on the perimeter, their weakness is in the mid-range area. They need to give Lebron the ball in the high post to operate; this is where they'll find success. The issue is if Lebron is comfortable working from this area, his usual style is to start from the perimeter. I don't really think it would change the outcome of the series, the Cavs just look happy to be there. I'm thinking the Cavs might win a game in Cleveland, but it's definitely not coming back to San Antonio. Detroit would have given the Spurs a tougher time, Rip has that mid-range game down.

I agree with you completely. I think if the Pistons played them, we might've even had a chance to see a series like they had 2 years ago! What a great series, even though my Pistons lost! Though I don't think David Stern liked it, I think the TV ratings were low. Stupid casual spectators can't appreciate good basketball unless there is a marquee superstar player involved.

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #359 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid casual spectators can't appreciate good basketball unless there is a marquee superstar player involved.

so true of so many people. i sometimes get pissed when ppl say crap like "the spurs are so boring to watch!"

and i'm not a spurs fan by all means
icon10.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #360 of 378
I might not need the marquee superstar player... but I do think this finals game is abit boring to watch.

It could be that I'm too set in the belief that I believe Spurs will win...and thereby not seeing a point to watching the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back