2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
Jun 12, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #362 of 378
Are people actually bothering to watch the NBA Finals? Sooo pointless and boring. The east is such garbage, the Cavs are probably the worst team ever to make the finals. If the Cavs were in the west, they would be the 6th seed and would have gotten killed by the spurs in the first round, instead they are going to get killed by the spurs in the finals.

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #363 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are people actually bothering to watch the NBA Finals? Sooo pointless and boring. The east is such garbage, the Cavs are probably the worst team ever to make the finals. If the Cavs were in the west, they would be the 6th seed and would have gotten killed by the spurs in the first round, instead they are going to get killed by the spurs in the finals.

I wouldn't say the east is garbage, it's just that the cavaliers got an easy path to the conference finals. Pistons shot themselves in the foot too often and Lebron blew up after game 2. Miami is really just a David Stern loves Dwayne Wade and Shaquille O'Neal, and give them calls, but then Wade was injured and O'Neal... is old. Chicago is young, and will get better and better. Washington was way too injured and are only missing a piece from being a top tier team, IMHO.

But in the west, you have your established teams of the past 8 years, but the balance is starting to even out. Though with dumb luck, the Portland Trailblazers are sitting with the first pick, and have an excellent developing young nucleus, especially if LaMarcus Aldrigde comes out healthy (let's hope). Not to mention they have a top flight coach (imho again) with Nate McMillan. And the GS Warriors aren't too shabby either, though I don't see them being a true playoff contender till they play smarter and more efficient (sorry Don Nelson) and develop more of a defensive mentality.

Jun 12, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #364 of 378
Quote:

Are people actually bothering to watch the NBA Finals? Sooo pointless and boring.

Yeah, I'm beginning to feel that way too. But there's a sliver of hope.

Cleveland was 30-11 at home this year and 20-21 on the road. That road record really isn't that bad, but for a team in the finals...eh, that's not pretty.

Hopefully, the Cav's can get some good home cookin' tonight and make this interesting. They can put Lebron in the low post, high post, or no post, it won't matter until they start jackin' the ball better. 42% and 40% the first two games.
Home rims are always a little more friendly.

Cav's going to win to night bay bee!
600smile.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #365 of 378
Quote:

Are people actually bothering to watch the NBA Finals? Sooo pointless and boring.

I turn them on and watch until the Spurs get a giant lead, then find something else to do since the outcome of the game has been decided basically by halftime. Sometimes I think to myself, "What kind of hoops fan are you!?" But then I read all these professional sports writers saying the same thing, and I feel better. It's just not any fun watching a Varsity vs. JV game.

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #366 of 378
Cavs built the Sonics a new arena with all those bricks tonight. How bad is it when your entire team can't buy a bucket? Most of those misses were wide open shots. Cavs should have won that game if they hit half those jumpers, like a pro should. Oh well, not like the Cavs would have won the series, but it would have been nice to see them win a game at least.

Who's up for some baseball?
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #367 of 378
That was some ugly basketball. What a disgrace of a Finals. Reminded me of watching some Cavs-Knicks "defensive" games from years back. Just pitiful.

Go Yankees!!!!

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #368 of 378
I cannot figure it out, but my GF loves to watch the Yankees. Oh wait, Damon, Jeter, and A-Rod. I think I just figured it out.

Oh well, I thought Cleveland would win last night and add a smidgeon of drama; at least the game was still in doubt with a minute to go. That's progrees. Maybe they'll win one when the Spurs are at the victory parade in San Antone.

Time for me to take the summer off from sports except when I catch the Yankee games the girl is watching.

See some of you around football season.

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #370 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the most yawntastic Finals ever. The Warriors would be wiping the floor with these Cavs (along with pretty much every team that made the playoffs in the West, plus maybe the Clips too).

Omg...boo freaking hoo. everybody in this thread are a bunch of whiners. its ridiculous.

you know why the warriors arent wiping the floor with the cavs? because they lost...to the jazz. who we(the spurs) beat. apparently their "fun to watch" exciting style of play wasnt good enough to make it to the finals. so just be quiet.

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #371 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Omg...boo freaking hoo. everybody in this thread are a bunch of whiners. its ridiculous.

you know why the warriors arent wiping the floor with the cavs? because they lost...to the jazz. who we(the spurs) beat. apparently their "fun to watch" exciting style of play wasnt good enough to make it to the finals. so just be quiet.

blink.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #372 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eek.gif
There are a-lot of members who've posted in this thread. That may be a tad harsh. Purk's a Spurs fan. Surely, you don't think he's a whiner. As for me, guilty as charged!

Looks like game three scored a 9.0 Nielson rating. That's not that great. Game four will probably dip even farther.

Here's an interesting Wiki about NBA ratings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ielsen_ratings

One may conclude that two things are bad for NBA finals ratings - Michael Jordan retiring and the San Antonio Spurs. I imagine a-lot of it may be the relatively small market in San Anton'.

One things for sure, it would be hard to argue that the NBA is fixed like a couple of silly columns I've read recently.

Jun 15, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #373 of 378
Spurs are the new Champs! Go Spurs! Congrats!

Jun 15, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #374 of 378
Yep...Go Spurs!! I felt sorry for Lebron but he has so much to learn. I can't believe his missed that many shot. He should have made several jump shots against Bruce. Nice to see Parker won the MVP award, but that award should belong to Timmy. Bruce also did a great job on Lebron.

Jun 15, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #375 of 378
That was a really boring final to watch. The Cavaliers were the worst team that the Spurs played in the Playoffs.

Oh well, congrats to the Spurs. Let's hope we have a better final next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back