2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
Apr 20, 2007 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 378

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
Who else is excited? This is my happy time. I can't believe I've waited a whole year for this. Time for Kobe to undo the horrors of game 7 last year. I still can't even talk about it. How are your teams doing?

Plus as a bonus, gotta add that the Dodgers own the best record in baseball right now at 11-5. Go Blue.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 378
I know that the Spurs are boring, but Duncan is my favorite player!! Go SPURS!!!

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #8 of 378
Suns take the lakers easy in the first round. If they don't do it this year (win it all), they're not going to for quite a while I fear. Dallas in the 2nd round will be dreadfully tough for the Suns to pull-off.

Steve Nash for MVP!

Apr 20, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #9 of 378
Go Dirk!!!

Devon Harris is great to watch as well, my 2nd favourite on the team even if others have better stats.

The Warrior's 3 wins against the Mavs is a bit misleading because one was a back to back game after a long road trip. For the other one, Dirk, Howard, Dampier and Stackhouse weren't even playing. If Dirk get his shooting percentage right, the Warriors won't stand a chance. A fadeaway jumper from a 7-footer is just ridiculous.

Apr 20, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #10 of 378
I'm a Lakers fan, but I honestly don't see them beating Suns if both teams play at their very best. Kobe in peak form would be near impossible to stop, especially against a team with questionable defence. However, when Suns run their offence the way they intend to (fast-paced, loads of assists/passing), the Lakers won't be able to do anything.

My second round West prediction is Suns, Spurs, Rockets, Mavs. Then it would probably go Mavs and Suns (difficult to say) for conference finals.

I'd like to see Pistons, Heat, Nets and Cavs make the 2nd in the East.

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 378
"Suns take the lakers easy in the first round. If they don't do it this year (win it all), they're not going to for quite a while I fear. Dallas in the 2nd round will be dreadfully tough for the Suns to pull-off.

Steve Nash for MVP!"

X2

The real championship this year will be between the Mav's, Suns & SA. Once that is determined who cares about the Eastern Champs.

- augustwest

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #13 of 378
The Suns would play the Spurs in the second round, presuming they both advance, which is too bad because I think the Suns have a better shot at taking out the Mavs. The Spurs play that dreadful slow style with dirty players like Bowen and Ginobili that I absolutely despise.

Anyway, GO SUNS and go warriors, too! I think Nellie has a good chance to take out the Mavs at the get-go.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #14 of 378
I with the two above by rooting for the Suns and thinking Nash is the MVP. But voting politics might deny him his third straight which is such BS. I'd like to see him get a ring before that back gives out.

San Antonio doesn't get caught up in the Suns pace which means trouble. Like mdjenders, I don't think the Phoenix crew will pass that one.

Spurs are going to make out of the West and take the whole thing.

Dallas and Phoenix are great regular season squads, but when it's playoff time, and defenders stop giving two feet, they stall.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #15 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Suns take the lakers easy in the first round. If they don't do it this year (win it all), they're not going to for quite a while I fear. Dallas in the 2nd round will be dreadfully tough for the Suns to pull-off.

Steve Nash for MVP!

Unless I'm mistaken, the Suns will not face the Mavericks in the second round (assuming Phoenix and Dallas advance from the first round). It's 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the second round, so Phoenix will more likely face the Spurs, perhaps an even tougher matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back