2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
Jun 1, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #316 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one was and probably ever will be a better player than Jordan.

QFT

I said I wouldn't be back but I had to quote this.

Now I'm done with this thread for good.

Ciao.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #318 of 378
^ Hell yes.

I wonder about all those above who question Lebron James. Here's your homework - watch game 5 three times straight.

The "kid" is 22 years young folks.

Here's the line: 48, 18-33, 9, 7, 2. It did take two OT's, but still - pivotal game at Detroit. Someone has to give him props.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #320 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow @ LeBron tonight. I haven't see a player dominate a game like that in the playoffs since Jordan. Amazing performance.

Detroit should have doubled team him. I can't believe they allowed him to shoot at will. Lebron scored 29 of the last 33 points from Cleveland.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #321 of 378
That was sick!
How ironic (or perhaps, apt) that we're watching Lebron grow up against the Pistons. Predictions for game 6? I have my money on Cleveland...

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #323 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Detroit should have doubled team him. I can't believe they allowed him to shoot at will. Lebron scored 29 of the last 33 points from Cleveland.

Yes, they should have doubled him more. Detroit started doing that earlier on his run, but he still found ways to score even moving without the ball. He hit some amazing shots while he was seemingly well guarded and Detroit just looked dumbfounded. Still, it was amazing that Detroit didn't put more pressure on LeBron, especially on that last shot.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #324 of 378
Quote:

Yes, they should have doubled him more. Detroit started doing that earlier on his run, but he still found ways to score even moving without the ball. He hit some amazing shots while he was seemingly well guarded and Detroit just looked dumbfounded. Still, it was amazing that Detroit didn't put more pressure on LeBron, especially on that last shot.

I'm wondering what will happen in Game 6. Detroit is certainly not as good as they were couple of years ago. Chris Webber didn't provide the defensive presence like Bill Wallace. It will be difficult for LeBron to duplicate the performance of Game 5, but certainly the ball is now in thier court.

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #325 of 378
i cant believe i had to work tonight and missed the double OT... i wouldve probably yelled til my lungs shorted out (=P)

and about those comments of kobe > jordan = lebron... i dont really know how someone could compare them so freely. i have watched jordan play, but not when i knew more about basketball... i'm only 21 so i only knowingly caught the last glimpses of his dynasty in chicago. jordan was great, but he had some pretty good help too. kobe doesnt right now. and i think lebron's crew is getting much better too.

if you look only at stats, MJ and kobe have pretty similar numbers. we all know both of them can play D too. the only difference is that MJ thought of winning with his team. kobe thinks his team sucks and needs carrying (which might be true). that's why i think MJ is still better than kobe. however, people need to realize that kobe DOES try and be a team player... but when they fail, he has no choice but to pick it back up and carry the team all by himself. a good example was close to the end of this season when he went on 50 point scoring sprees. he gave his team a chance and they lost a bunch of games in a row.

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #326 of 378
I hope Cleveland wins the series and faces the Spurs in the finals. I am not watching the finals if it's Spurs vs Pistons again. -_-;

Lebron's performance tonight was Jordanesque. 11 straight field goals for the Cavs? That's incredible!

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #327 of 378
Well whoever it is, I just hope the spurs lose in the finals. My wife hates ginobili for being a flopper so I gotta root for the eastern team - even though I think lebron is way in over his head. Hope the pistons give him a reality check the final two games.

Besides, even if cavs win the east, all the spurs would need is to have bowen on lebron, and that'll be the end of the cavs.

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #328 of 378
Quote:

Well whoever it is, I just hope the spurs lose in the finals. My wife hates ginobili for being a flopper so I gotta root for the eastern team - even though I think lebron is way in over his head. Hope the pistons give him a reality check the final two games.

Besides, even if cavs win the east, all the spurs would need is to have bowen on lebron, and that'll be the end of the cavs.

Not just that but driving the lane will be difficult b/c of the defensive presence from Duncan. Duncan is so well-rounded on both ends that he can hurt any team. Spurs also have Alberto and Elson to share the fouls if Lebron decides to attach the basket.

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #329 of 378
I'd definitely much rather see the Spurs play the Cavs as well. Just because its something different and considering how crazy Lebron can get at the end of a game, I think it'd be a fun series to watch. With that being said, I still think the Spurs are gonna take it all no matter who moves on from the Pistons/Cavs series. Spurs will NOT let Lebron get on a tear though like detroit did...

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #330 of 378
Quote:

I'm just a big fan of Duncan, so go Spurs go!! I can't think of a more complete player than Duncanat the moment. Despite all the contraversies, I still like the Spurs b/c they play a team ball. Lebron is a beatiful to watch and very Jordan-like; however, I'm a bigger fan of the a team ball than Lebron and the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back