2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 19, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #302 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're a bit too harsh on Lebron. At this point he's ahead of where Jordan was. The question is if he'll evolve enough to be that good. He's only 22!

Doesn't matter to me, I don't like him. Simple as that.

May 19, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #303 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the biggest improvement Lebron could make is to stop getting the ball so far away from the basket. Stop relying on 3 point shots.

Every time I watch Lebron he's either:

A) Shooting a fade away three pointer.
B) Standing on either corner watching Larry Hughes and looking dis-interested.
C) Attacking the rim like a superman athlete.

I think he needs a-lot more C in his game.

Floyd is right. The guy is young. He's just going to keep getting better and figure it out.

My picks!

Spurs in 7.
Pistons in 6.

May 19, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #304 of 378
Gosh, the playoffs just got so boring without the Suns in there. I really hope it's not a Pistons vs Spurs final.
frown.gif

May 21, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #305 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gosh, the playoffs just got so boring without the Suns in there. I really hope it's not a Pistons vs Spurs final.
frown.gif

I's cause all the fun to watch teams are gone, GS, Phx, and Chi to a lesser extent. Regardless, the first 2 rounds of the Western Conference were definitely fun to watch.

Growing up a Jazz fan I'm happy to see Sloan get another crack at gold. But i kinda wanna see the Pistons beat up Spurs. Hopefully if those are the teams, Rasheed wont have a mental fart and leave his man...again.

May 21, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #306 of 378
Oh, was there a game today? Without the warriors and suns, the playoffs just aren't as fun anymore. The conference finals will be boring, Detroit and Spurs will easily sweep those other teams. Hopefully the finals will be a good one.

May 21, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #307 of 378
^ Yeah a couple of the thoughts above mirror mine when the Suns were bounced. I could almost hear the groans from the executive offices, at ABC and TNT, followed by a flurry of e-mails, "Talk up Tim Duncan and Lebron! Sell how Detroit is a great team, and Utah is an up n comer. Sell! Sell! Sell!"

There was a game yesterday. The Spurs routed the Jazz. The game wasn't as close at the score.

Detroit/Cleveland tip tonight.

May 31, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #309 of 378
Any prediction on Detroit and Cav? I take Detroit in seven.

BTW, the Spurs look impressive in their final game against the Jazz.

May 31, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #310 of 378
looks like the spurs too it to the jazz.

for some reason, i want to see lebron dunk over tim duncan. plzzzzz cavs vs. spurs for the finals! i still think the pistons wil beat the cavs tho

May 31, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #311 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like the spurs too it to the jazz.

for some reason, i want to see lebron dunk over tim duncan. plzzzzz cavs vs. spurs for the finals! i still think the pistons wil beat the cavs tho

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! as kobe fan(not a laker fan) , iwould hate to see that. i can now imagine the praises that lebron would get, as the entire sports world rides the "king james" bandwagon.

lebron is good.................but not kobe good. kobe is one of a kind, BETTER than jordan. jordan never faced the type of defense kobe is facing in todays nba.......not to mention the "jordan rules". jordan had that luxury, to make it worse kobe is always under attack by the media and stern(2 suspensions in a foul that wasnt flagrant enough for the referee to eject him in the game where he committed the foul.......wow)

May 31, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #313 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody is better than Jordan!

I can't say that, but I wonder how many people who've watched both would say Bryant is better than Jordan. I would guess not one.

The Spurs are in the catbird seat now. They get to watch the Cavs and Pistons beat up each other. Hell, they're probably already getting Michael Finley's ring sized.

I think the Pistons wake up tonight and take the 3-2 lead. What happened to the Detroit that was so focused and once 7-0 in the playoffs?

May 31, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #314 of 378
Well, I personally think that Kobe is the best player in the NBA, bar none, at this moment. Sure sure, I hate Lefraud, and I always wil, so he doesn't even fit into that category for me, but if I were to have an good opinion of him, I'd say that he's still no where near as dominant as Kobe is. Probably never will be.

Anyways, the reason I came back to this thread is to say that since the Spurs are in the NBA championship again, I am done with the NBA for what remains of the season. Ciao.

May 31, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #315 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! as kobe fan(not a laker fan) , iwould hate to see that. i can now imagine the praises that lebron would get, as the entire sports world rides the "king james" bandwagon.

lebron is good.................but not kobe good. kobe is one of a kind, BETTER than jordan. jordan never faced the type of defense kobe is facing in todays nba.......not to mention the "jordan rules". jordan had that luxury, to make it worse kobe is always under attack by the media and stern(2 suspensions in a foul that wasnt flagrant enough for the referee to eject him in the game where he committed the foul.......wow)

I agree with 2 things here, Lebron isn't as good as Kobe... yet. And you're right that MJ didn't face the type of defense Kobe does. MJ faced killer defenses whereas Kobe faces the new hands-off on the perimeter defense that lets him go wherever he wants. MJ had to deal with the Pistons on a regular basis; maybe you don't remember how often someone would land on their back going for a layup against The Bad Boys. There were different rules back then, but they made it tougher on perimeter players to do anything but feed the post.

Kobe is the best scorer in the league right now, one of the best ever. Being the best player is more than just scoring though. No one was and probably ever will be a better player than Jordan. There have been guys you can argue that were just as good, but I don't think you can say anyone did it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back