2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 17, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #289 of 378
Strange, game V was a mirror of game IV. Except this time, it were Spurs who hung around then made the big shots at the end, and the Suns who looked tired in the final minutes on their home floor.

The Spurs played so bad in the first half, I swear I thought they were going to tank the game.

And why wouldn't they? If they go on to win the series, gave V will have a big asterisks by it. Of course, ten years from now, no-one will remember, and the champeeeensip banner will still hang from the rafters.

My gut tells me this series isn't going to make it back to Phoenix. Even Spurs fans have to hope it does though; well maybe not Spurs fans. This series, and the Suns just deserves a fully staffed, mano y mano game seven.

And where's the overtime been? We need an epic double OT in the third act. That would tie a neat little bow around this thing.

Well, my slider has to stay 100/0 Phoenix for the next one because that hot chick wearing a leather blazer in the front row would want it that way.

May 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #290 of 378
Boy, this thread died fast. Where's floyd and purk? How about Ojnihs or that borat guy?

We've got a big game tonight fellows.

If I'm San Antonio, I take it easy the first half. The Suns are going to come out furious. Weather the storm, shore up those tired legs and bring out the knife in the fourth!

What's the feeling in Phoenix? Floyd, I'm sure you have something to say about it.

How about Detroit/Cleveland? Do the Cav's have chance? Will the fg% make it over 45 in the fourth quarter?

May 18, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #291 of 378
I'm here!! Just have to watch out for my boss at work.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #292 of 378
i looked at the boxscore for the cavs and nets game on wednesday and was like O.o

19 points total in the 4th quarter? you gotta be kidding me.

i hope the cavs win and beat the pistons... !

May 18, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #293 of 378
I think I chased everyone off with my long winded posts.
biggrin.gif

I think the game tonight is a toss up, just like I felt with the entire series. I don't think playing guys a lot of minutes last game effects them as much as people are making it out to be. Minor effects if any. I'm not in the shape those guys are in, never was when playing organized ball either, and I could bounce back just fine with a day's rest. Only thing that takes time is injuries.

How do you pick this game? Go with the Spurs being vets and knowing they need to close out? Or go with the team that has an inspired and fresh Amare coming back? Diaw is handy too if he's aggressive, he's so random this year though. As long as Amare, and the rest of the gang, stays out of foul problems I think the Suns will force game 7. I believe! I don't believe in home court advantage when you have the caliber of teams these 2 are, they have those gaudy records because they win at home and on the road just the same. And last time in San Antionio, Phoenix went to the line more. I hope we get fair officiating tonight, that's all I ask for really.

Lebron needs to Le-step it up. He's playing at about half capacity at this point, he should be sniffing triple doubles. Cavs have 0 chance against the Pistons if Lebron doesn't wake up. Maybe he's hiding a boo-boo? With Lebron playing at the top of his game, they still don't have much of a chance. They need a legit PG in the worst way. That is if they get past the Nets, I think they will. Nets are just doing the last gasp thing like the Bulls. Too bad the Nets lost Krstic this year, it would have been fun to see what that group could have done.

I'm just trying not to get too high, I've had my heart broken for too many years by my Suns. Purple and orange text to get some extra mojo going!

May 19, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #294 of 378
A player shall not hold, push, charge into, impede the progress of an opponent by extending a hand, forearm, leg or knee or by bending the body into a position that is not normal. Contact that results in the re-routing of an opponent is a foul which must be called immediately.

Yet Bowen has been using every part of his body to impede Nash's drives all night. I don't know why he's above the law.

May 19, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #297 of 378
San Antonio took the knife out, stuck it in, and twisted it! Too bad, I wanted a game seven.

I don't see San Antonio as boring at all. They're a great team and watching them play together is very exciting. The late third and early fourth was clinical. I was rooting for the Suns, but they got dissected and fed.

The only reason Phoenix made such a strong late run is because the Spurs got tired. Sorry if you didn't see the fatigue e in the Spurs, you weren't really watching. Nash was suddenly getting in the lane, and the Spurs were settling for jump shots. Watch Duncan and Bowen in fourth quarters of games 4 and 6. All that tough defense takes its toll. The first sign is when Duncan stops his hop step to move up the court and begins to shuffle instead.

What a great series. Too bad it had to end.

And floyd, keep long winded coming. I don't agree half the time, but it's nice to read opinions beside the usual, this sucks, that sucks etc...
wink.gif

May 19, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #298 of 378
Quote:

I don't see San Antonio as boring at all. They're a great team and watching them play together is very exciting. The late third and early fourth was clinical. I was rooting for the Suns, but they got dissected and fed.

You know what I agree with you. I found the Spurs to be an exciting team to watch. I believe the key to game 6 is Ginobili. He finally showed up and play.

Regarding the Suns, I do feel sorry for Nash and his team, but let's face it, they had a chance to win in game 6 and take it home to finish off the series, but the Spurs was a better team on both offensive and defensive ends. Beside the whole suspension issues, Shawn Marion didn't play well at all.

May 19, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #299 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy, this thread died fast. Where's floyd and purk? How about ojnihs or that borat guy?

Haha I'm here. I just don't have a ton of free time to really post all that much. I just come to Head-fi to read some stuff and then I'm out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about Detroit/Cleveland? Do the Cav's have chance?

I don't particulary like either team, but I hate Lefraud (yes, Lefraud) James, so I'm going to root for the Pistons. Please don't ask me to elabroate on why, because there are numerous reasons, and I honestly won't answer the question anyway because I'm sick of answering it to all the Lefraud bandwagoners out there.

I also really don't want the Spurs to win another championship, so I'm going to root for the Jazz. Jerry Sloan deserves a ring (and he deserves a NBA Coach of the Year award, how the hell did it go to Sam Mitchell? He's not that good.) and I like him as a coach. Also the Jazz really do play well as I team, I was really quite surprised to see how good they actually are.

All I can say about the Spurs is that the Spurs are the epitome of what an NBA team should be. They play so damn well together and the team was built perfectly around Tim Duncan. Is there any other team that's as fluid as they are? I don't know what it is, but god damn they play the game of basketball the way that it should be played. I still don't like them though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yet Bowen has been using every part of his body to impede Nash's drives all night. I don't know why he's above the law.

Bowen needs to get his head smashed into the court one of these days or David Stern needs to suspend his $#% for an extended period of time. One or two players injured because of him could be chance, but multiple players injured in the same over and over again? Come on David Stern, wake up. He's obviously a dirty player and if you're going to suspend people for leaping off the bench, you have to suspend players for dirty play. Bowen's little step under a jump shooter trick could potentially cost players their careers. He needs to be punished.

May 19, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #300 of 378
I think you're a bit too harsh on Lebron. At this point he's ahead of where Jordan was. The question is if he'll evolve enough to be that good. He's only 22! Sure people like to compare him to Jordan but he's not instantly going to play like Jordan at 30. I think the biggest improvement Lebron could make is to stop getting the ball so far away from the basket. Stop relying on 3 point shots. Try the high or low post to start your attack like Melo does. I think Lebron's physical gifts would make him a completely unstoppable if he can develop that part of his game. He doesn't have that "I'll kill your entire family for a win" mentally yet either. That may come with time, he's still only 22.

I like the Spurs except for Bowen and Horry. Horry I lost all respect for when he threw a towel in Ainge's face. Bowen's "defense" makes me upset just thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back