Zune80 or Ipod80
Jan 19, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #31 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTanaka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have to put my vote for an iPod solely for the support of RockBox. Playing FLACs is something I can hardly live without anymore.

Be warned, new iPods are NOT supported. You will HAVE to get a 5/5,5G one.

Also, my vote for the Zune. Nicer looking, bigger screen, less scratch-prone, and there's no Apple on it.

Yes, I just sold my iPod. **** Apple. (Sorry, mods/children/housewives/everybody)

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #32 of 97
I'd personally choose the Zune80 any day. The Zune has a great big screen, although the resolution isn't that great, you really don't notice most of the time. The GUI is beautiful and the ZunePad is the best tacile/touch control out right now. If you can get over the Zune Marketplace, it's a great DAP with a just as great SQ as well. I only have a Classic as I got it for free. It does have it's good points but I feel like the Zune80 is more of an advancement.

What with the last two posts by Zunefan1... they sound like advertising...

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #34 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What with the last two posts by Zunefan1... they sound like advertising...

Yup, its ripped straight from the description on amazon

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #36 of 97
im buying one or the other soon.

i say zune. i think im going to dl the software first and kinda see if its as bad as ppl say though

+GLASS screen (this is a BIGGG deal to me, glass does not scratch easilly, i hate bulky screen protectors/cases, im not careless i jsut dont want a screen that scratches if your fingernail hits it wrong)
+bigger screen
+lossless support

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #37 of 97
The biggest flaw in the Zune software (for me anyway) is that it doesn't really let you edit ID3 tags. It reads from them but only let you edit a very limited number of fields. And you're not actually editing the file itself as the changes are only applied in the Zune software. any other program you use the file will not be changed. I still have to use iTunes to properly manage my tags.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #40 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just keep editing your tags as you were before, use the Zune software to transfer. No problem.

THANK YOU!!!

Holy crap I just do not understand it. If Zune's software is bad, who is making you use it? I am planning to get a Zune, but there is no way in hell i'll use their software. I have been using WinAmp for years and will continue doing so.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #41 of 97
I don't use the software, I already said that I use iTunes instead. Considering how limited the software is it makes me wonder why they didn't just make it run through WMP as well.

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #43 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just keep editing your tags as you were before, use the Zune software to transfer. No problem.

I agree. Probably why I will get a Zune. It's still stupid it doesn't have an ID3 editor though, but not to the point I think I'd take a smaller and non-glass screen and a player that didn't support WMA Lossless or FLAC and may never support it.

You can install Rockbox on the Zune right?

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #44 of 97
Definitely go for zune.

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #45 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im buying one or the other soon.

i say zune. i think im going to dl the software first and kinda see if its as bad as ppl say though

+GLASS screen (this is a BIGGG deal to me, glass does not scratch easilly, i hate bulky screen protectors/cases, im not careless i jsut dont want a screen that scratches if your fingernail hits it wrong)
+bigger screen
+lossless support

the ipod supports lossless too, and screen protectors are not bulky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can install Rockbox on the Zune right?

no, you can't

Users who are viewing this thread

Back