Zune80 or Ipod80
Feb 17, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #93 of 97
I have both the ipod touch and zunes 30 80, and use both.The sound quality to me are equal. I use thezunes for the subscription service, the touch for audible.com books, video, and my favorite albums.
The touch is hooked to my macbook pro,the zune with my Y510 ideapad. Software wise, itunes on the mac is simple, and easy to use. Zune software was buggy at first, but with new version out, its been flawless.(I'm mac guy at heart, I still have my 1st gen 5 gig ipod which was mac only back then) I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't go wrong with either one, I perfer the 80 to 30 regarding zunes, because of the battery life. One thing I've noticed, the new premium earbuds that came the zune 80 have become the buds of choice on both. In fact I went to the Apple store last week with my touch looking for a new case, and had my zune buds with, the sales person there listened to them, and admitted they were better sounding than some 100-200 buds in the store.
To me its not being tied down to being a fan boy for either, its that they are both great. So if you can get both, do it.

PS-I'm 47 years old. so us old guys still like our toys.

Feb 17, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #94 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by orl2222 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both the ipod touch and zunes 30 80, and use both.The sound quality to me are equal. I use thezunes for the subscription service, the touch for audible.com books, video, and my favorite albums.
The touch is hooked to my macbook pro,the zune with my Y510 ideapad. Software wise, itunes on the mac is simple, and easy to use. Zune software was buggy at first, but with new version out, its been flawless.(I'm mac guy at heart, I still have my 1st gen 5 gig ipod which was mac only back then) I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't go wrong with either one, I perfer the 80 to 30 regarding zunes, because of the battery life. One thing I've noticed, the new premium earbuds that came the zune 80 have become the buds of choice on both. In fact I went to the Apple store last week with my touch looking for a new case, and had my zune buds with, the sales person there listened to them, and admitted they were better sounding than some 100-200 buds in the store.
To me its not being tied down to being a fan boy for either, its that they are both great. So if you can get both, do it.

Hi,Is it possible zune 80 with mac?,Im a mac user too
smily_headphones1.gif
.btw i really interesting with the lenovo ideapad but too bad they dont sell here
frown.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #95 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by orl2222 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea, the Zune software has been much better since the updates. I know I was kind of harsh on it in this thread but it really is improving. Still has a way to go but it's definitely being worked on, and that's a good thing.

Feb 17, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #97 of 97
Quote:

The same post said that MS is going to include an EQ in an upcoming firmware. We'll see about that too.

This was posted awhile ago, but if I remember correctly, the Zune 80 does not even have the capability of having an EQ hardware wise.

EDIT: Upon reading new things about it, ideas have shifted and now many say it can be done software wise or the 80 IS capable of it and it just needs to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back