Zune80 or Ipod80
Jan 10, 2008 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

The5ickne55

100+ Head-Fier
I just sold my zune30 ... the sound quality was great.

The old 30gb Ipod I used sounded horrible... I heard they can sound good with an LOD ...

But ya, I use a pair of super fi .5's ... need good SQ

Jan 10, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 97
Well, according to some other's opinions and my own observations, the 80 gig iPod has superior sound quality even out of the standard headphone jack to the 30 gig 5th generation. However, bypassing the headphone output through the LOD is a good idea anyway, just keep in mind that you have to have an external amp (I believe thats correct) since the volume control is also bypassed by using the LOD.

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, according to some other's opinions and my own observations, the 80 gig iPod has superior sound quality even out of the standard headphone jack to the 30 gig 5th generation. However, bypassing the headphone output through the LOD is a good idea anyway, just keep in mind that you have to have an external amp (I believe thats correct) since the volume control is also bypassed by using the LOD.

to my ears, the ipod classic's sound is definitely not as nice as the zune 80's or the D2, Zen 4/8/16/32, the new sony players and even the first gen shuffle.

go for the zune.

Jan 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 97
I vote zune 80 as well... one of the best DAPs I have owned, and I have owned many...

I do not have the ipod classic, so I can't attest to quality differences there...but from what I remember of the 5.5g 30gb...it sounded a little hollow and not as robust as the zune 80 I have right now. I may be biased though, as I thoroughly enjoy the zune interface and SQ on its own.

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #8 of 97
Hello from the Scene, sickness. Get two Zune 80s, you will need those. LOL.

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 97
The new one offers a much more stylish form factor, thinner, cooler all around. Plus, the great glass front panel. My daughter has an iPod 5g and the Zune80 offers a much better sound out of the headphone jack (no amp, mods, etc.).

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #13 of 97
zune 80 offers more battery life, scratch resistant glass screen, www.zuneoriginals.net , premium earphones (my bad: we are on HeadFi), better TV out (even from heaphones jack), touch-tactile ZunePad and more features than Zune 30.

But it loss the EQ, if you care.

Jan 10, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #14 of 97
Ugh, I can't wait until they release Zune80 in Europe.
I do like me iriver e10, but 6gb doesn't cut it anymore. And the Zune looks SO SEXY
biggrin.gif

Oh and by the way, how are you guys holding up with the software and transferring of songs?

Jan 10, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #15 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by syndrome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, I can't wait until they release Zune80 in Europe.
I do like me iriver e10, but 6gb doesn't cut it anymore. And the Zune looks SO SEXY
biggrin.gif

Oh and by the way, how are you guys holding up with the software and transferring of songs?

There are a lot of complaints about the software but it works just fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back