Zorloo Ztella USB C DAC impressions thread
May 23, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #316 of 393
Hey, you should already get it so how does Ztella compare to DFC? I have DFC too but it’s still a bit bulky for every day use.
Well since no one answer me, I decided to buy Ztella lol
19BAB82F-BFAB-47BB-BB4D-DE4F61146A85.jpeg

Zorloo Ztella and Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt (ADC) is like sibling to my ears. ADC is big brother of course. Their sound signature is very close but ADC has wider soundstage and better details. Which hurt me a bit because the gap isn’t that wide. If I give 10/10 to ADC, Ztella will get 9/10). Considering difference in price, I think Ztella is better choice. Also, I found Ztella is a bit delayed ( 3-5 second) while ADC is less than 1 second when open mqa file. maybe only happen when connect with my Samsung S9+, IDK?

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #320 of 393
My S9+ apparently can't keep up with outputting music & doing anything else at the same time (like simply scrolling through an app or swiping through the app drawer), because I'll get some hiccups and momentary drops (the LED on the Ztella changes color for a second during the audio drop). At least I assume it's the S9, but UAPP wasn't playing so nice either. Initially, I'd get the error starting playback when attempting to play anything, so I had to adjust with buffer and tweak settings to get it to play. Looks like I'm just going to get a DAP.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #322 of 393
Do you think this one will be better than the hilidac or ztella dac? Also, is there anyway to ever have tidal offline run properly without down or upsampling? Or course using uapp works for me but not when I am on a 4 hour train ride and lose data connection every now and then..

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #327 of 393
I subscribed to Tidal HiFi the other day with the intent of using my Ztella MQA (just updated the FW) with it on my Galaxy S9+. When I play a standard track through the Tidal app, the LED turns blue. When I play a Master track, it turns red. But the Zorloo site says it's supposed to be purple for MQA, and red for 48/88/96. I cleared UAPP from opening by default, as suggested on the Zorloo site, restarted, but the LED is still red while playing a Master file. I have it set to stream Master quality over mobile & WiFi networks and am currently on my WiFi.

The Ztella and my DF Red both work fine from my Windows laptop and the Tidal app.

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #328 of 393
I subscribed to Tidal HiFi the other day with the intent of using my Ztella MQA (just updated the FW) with it on my Galaxy S9+. When I play a standard track through the Tidal app, the LED turns blue. When I play a Master track, it turns red. But the Zorloo site says it's supposed to be purple for MQA, and red for 48/88/96. I cleared UAPP from opening by default, as suggested on the Zorloo site, restarted, but the LED is still red while playing a Master file. I have it set to stream Master quality over mobile & WiFi networks and am currently on my WiFi.

The Ztella and my DF Red both work fine from my Windows laptop and the Tidal app.
You probably need to use UAPP to get the full benefit of MQA.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #329 of 393

You have to purchase the MQA plug-in for UAPP in order to get the full MQA unfold. It's only a few dollars, but definitely worth it. On mobile devices, the full unfold only happens in UAPP. It won't work in the Tidal app itself.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #330 of 393
Ah, I guess I better look into that, then. Thank you both. I use Facebook to login for Tidal, and UAPP only takes a username and password, so I'll have to fix that. Weird that Tidal doesn't support 'full' MQA in the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back