ZO2 Impression Thread
Dec 15, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #871 of 1,126
^ ok bass .....[size=xx-large]BASS![/size]

ZO VS ZO2 on bass
L3000.gif
 as for right now befor burn in

popcorn.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #872 of 1,126
Just as it was with the original ZO, the focus for many here seems to be on the bass impact of the ZO2, but for me it goes beyond that:

- I only use SmartVektor on the lowest settings, but even there the ZO2 moves everything forward, for a much more enveloping, intimate sound.

- I agree with others that soundstage (width and depth) suffers, as does detail retrieval, but the overall effect remains very seductive with most of my music.

I know I'll cop plenty for saying this, but the ZO seems closer to the Bose approach to sound quality (warm and lush) than the hardcore audiophile mantra of 'neutrality, transparency and accuracy'. It may well be 'your music on steroids', but there are times when most of us want to inject a little more va-va-voom into our music. Lovers of classical/chamber/orchestral and acoustic music are probably better off with another solution, but I suspect those folk knew that already.

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #877 of 1,126

Quote:

Yea usually forward sound = smaller soundstage but it varies on the design of the cup / pads / how the space looks like between the ear and driver etc and it's not like ALL forward sounding have equally small soundstage. I also like forward / "in-your-face" sound for music but too much of it for gaming is detrimental as it becomes too "messy" especially in FPS games with lots of action going on at the same time. Ideally I'd want a forward sounding headphone but with large soundstage with very good imaging/position which seems hard to find. :p

I can imagine forward midrange as well as superb bass extension is the only thing it can't be described as BUT when paired with ZO2 it would still have "forward"-sounding midrange compared to many headphones without using ZO2 as SmartVektor tech has this kind of attribute to it. Then you could also boost it if necessary on a EQ a little.

For gaming it seems V-shaped sound signature headphones is great because when the mids are pushed back a little and most sound effects are in the midrange benefits from being not too forward to avoid this "in-your-face" sound when it becomes more difficult to separate sounds so I'm actually quite interested how ZO2 sounds like with a headphone like DT990 Pro.

Compare to which one?

Rpg wiz, the dt990 pros seem exactly what you need, their sq, clarity, soundstage STOMPS the xb500, but they sound forward and
In your face while still having an amazing soundstage, plus the mid bass is better than both demon d2000 and dt770 pro 80, with a zoo, I fear they might be one of the best things in the planet >
font]

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #878 of 1,126

Quote:
Rpg wiz, the dt990 pros seem exactly what you need, their sq, clarity, soundstage STOMPS the xb500, but they sound forward and
In your face while still having an amazing soundstage, plus the mid bass is better than both demon d2000 and dt770 pro 80, with a zoo, I fear they might be one of the best things in the planet >
font]

Man, you're everywhere with the same crap.  STOP ALREADY!  

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #881 of 1,126

Quote:
You should know the answer to this question.  You're invading this thread, the basshead thread and who knows where else with the same stuff.  Please test some equipment for yourself, then post YOUR THOUGHTS.  

It is called conceptualizing and theorizing, I never say this headphone is better than the other, i always say "seem" and "appear to be", but of course you discard the details like that, now stop harrasing this thread and only post relevant stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back