ZO2 Impression Thread
Dec 14, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #841 of 1,126

I agree. I am finishing up finals in college on friday and hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home that day
Quote:
That's good news.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #843 of 1,126

I would just like to say that the V-Moda LP2 + ZO2 combined makes my heart melt and happy. =D

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #844 of 1,126
I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on the ZO2 again with my newly acquired V-MODA M-80s. 
smile.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #846 of 1,126

Quote:
I just got an email:

"The team at digiZoid appreciates your purchase of ZO2. 

In our on-going effort to strive for customers satisfaction, our engineer has added an extra benefit, a high gain mode for use with headphone out. 

Your ZO2 will ship this week, as this added benefit has taken extra time to implement. "

When did you place your order? I placed mine on the 7th of December, and still nothing other than the Paypal receipt :frowning2:

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #847 of 1,126
You should receive an email tomorrow or the next day, I got mine today saying my ZO2 shipped. I talked to Cindy and having paid for 2 day shipping due to a vacation starting this weekend, apparently USPS says my ZO2 will be delivered tomorrow. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #848 of 1,126

Quote:

I would just like to say that the V-Moda LP2 + ZO2 combined makes my heart melt and happy. =D

You're that happy with LP2 eh? I suppose you EQ'd it already did, you? I've had my LP2 for about 2 days and done about 30~35 hrs of burn in and still not too happy about them unless EQing when it gets quite nice, I use these EQ settings with it to to get it better balanced:

Realtek HD's onboard EQ

(as steps from default value)

31: 0  
62: -1  
125: -2  
250: -2  
500: +2 
1k: 0  
2k: -1 
4k: -3  
8k: +1  
16k: +3

kX Audio driver's EQ for Audigy 2 ZS

Still trying to decide if I should sell or keep them as I like my HTF600 at least as much sound-wise (build quality the V-Modas are so much superior it's not even funny) and when comparing the huge price difference it's hard to justify the LP2 if it requires that much EQing to sound right. I use ZO2 v1 at the lowest or 2nd lowest lvl with these, anything higher and it becomes too bassheavy even with these EQ settings. :p

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #851 of 1,126
Funny, I lowered the 31 - 250Hz range one step further on the EQ for these V-Moda LP2 and upped ZO2's contour level like 2 steps instead and bass quality got much better lol. You know the bass boost is of good quality when the bass response improves when you lower it on the EQ but raise the bass level on ZO. :p Now the midrange sounds more clear/slightly more forward despite there's at least equal amount of bass as before.

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #852 of 1,126

Quote:
You're that happy with LP2 eh? I suppose you EQ'd it already did, you? I've had my LP2 for about 2 days and done about 30~35 hrs of burn in and still not too happy about them unless EQing when it gets quite nice, I use these EQ settings with it to to get it better balanced:

Well, I actually really loved the bass on them and feel that the LP2 don't necessarily require the Zo2 to be satisfying. However, with the Zo2, I lower the contour significantly then I would when I use my Zo2 in the car or with my M-80's (Formerly my M-80's). I keep it around probably 5-10 steps? And the bass is heavy but keeps the mids/highs at a very satisfying and immerse level.

I think the soundstage for the LP2's are better then the M-80's and sound fuller, but definitely aren't as smooth as the M-80's as far as the mids/highs go. They're still good to me, but I can tell they took a hit. I'm glad to sacrifice for the hit, though, because I like the bass and I love how comfortable they are. I'll post a review on how I feel about the LP2's later.

I'd probably have to say the Zo2 don't synergize as well with the LP2 as compared to the M-80's, but that's because the Zo2 is meant to be a substantial bass boost which the LP2 don't require. I think a Fiio would probably mesh well with the LP2, but they don't even require being amp'd to sound good.

I don't know if I was very clear about this, I'm kind of suffering from a sugar rush caused by too much soda, but I can definitely say that the LP2 might be a bit too much bass for you. You might want to sell it and get the M-100, when it comes out, which is supposed to be more balanced all around while being over ear like the LP2. We can already confirm that the LP2 is comfortable as hell; throw in a similar, albeit different because they can't exactly mimic the sound signature going from 40mm to 50mm drivers as Val has been quoted to say, and that might be the winner for you.

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #853 of 1,126
Dec 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #854 of 1,126
Bass isn't my issue with LP2s, I'm more annoyed by the uneven midrange and rolled-off highs. I want very forward as well as even midrange and highs to be neutral (not boosted nor recessed) to go with strong bass response. But yea I'd say when paired with ZO2 I don't need as strong bass response as the LP2 offers out of box, I think the optimal would be about 10~11dB if LP2s seems to have a rather even 15dB boost in bass. The M80 peaks with about 10dB boost at the highest point around 50Hz which I think would suffice when paired with ZO2 (like you said M80 with probably around lvl 5-6 or so which you used would be then pretty optimal to me). I use HTF600 with lvl 6 on ZO2 and I'd guess HTF600 have around 10dB boost (well at the highest point, but rolls-off in the subbass region) in bass comparing to XB500/LP2 which have about 15dB boost.

I will definitely look out for M-100 reviews or hopefully Tyll can measure them so I can check the frequency response graph as that usually helps me at least a bit to tell if it will suit me or not. I think the soundstage is ok/good in LP2 but not amazing.

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #855 of 1,126

Quote:
Bass isn't my issue with LP2s, I'm more annoyed by the uneven midrange and rolled-off highs. I want very forward as well as even midrange and highs to be neutral (not boosted nor recessed) to go with strong bass response. But yea I'd say when paired with ZO2 I don't need as strong bass response as the LP2 offers out of box, I think the optimal would be about 10~12dB if LP2s seems to have a rather even 15dB boost in bass.

Isint foward=smaller soundstage? Curious because i like it for music, just dont find it great for gaming...but it does seem the 990 pros have it all with the e10 and Zo...unless you can tell me one thing they wont have..? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back