ZO2 Impression Thread
Dec 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #826 of 1,126

Quote:
I dont think you can get a LOD (line-out dock) for that series of Sony players - happy to hear otherwise. My old X1060 had a proprietary Sony connector at the bottom, and I think someone finally started selling a LOD for that connection : not sure if its the same on your player.

Short answer is that you dont NEED a LOD with the ZO - I have had perfectly good results straight from the HO on my T51, using a plain old mini-to-mini cable - you can use the white one they sell for the iPod if you cant find anything else. Most electronics shops will have at least one mini-to-mini cable - just take your player in and ensure that the mini plug is a good fit : sometimes its neater if you can get an angled mini plug for your player.

I'd agree.  For the short period I had the ZO2 and testing it with the LOD, I didn't really notice any difference.  I currently use the original ZO with a mini to mini and it sounds great with most of my headphones.  

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #827 of 1,126

Oh my...."To my ears and with my setup, the Sony XB700 sounded much better than the D2000 and the DT770/80." LOL "I found the bass more integrated and less intrusive with the XB700, than with the other two." "I also liked their somewhat muted treble. No sibilance to speak off, unlike the DT770/80 and the D2000. Mids, details and soundstage are IMO on par with the DT770/80. The earpads on the XB700 are too narrow for my big ears, comfort is better with the other two."

"I sold both DT770 Pro/80 and ATH-M50 in favor for keeping XB500 & XB700 so I suppose every1 have their different opinions. :p I didn't like the Beyers at all of how mids and highs sounded and it lacked somewhat in midbass for my liking and depending on what I listened to I almost prefered the crappy Sennheiser HD 212 Pro over them. xD I like both of the Sonys depending on what I actually listen to but the genres I prefer most fits better for XB500 IMO, trance, dubstep, breakbeat etc. for its greater punchy bass and smooth highs."

"I do agree that the D2000 is a more refined DT770/80 with better bass (less quantity and a little tighter), mids (not as recessed), and not as harsh treble. Honestly the DT770/80s for me were terrible cans. The D2000s definitely don't do everything right (bass needs to be tighter with less quantity, mids need to be filled in more, and highs decreased a bit, they also come off as slow) and have a lot of flaws but then again no can does. It all depends on what you want though. I would like to try a DT770/600 some day. They really sound like a can I'd enjoy."

"In my opinion, the MDR-XB700 are really a pretty awful pair of headphones. For $60 more, you could have yourself a lovely pair of Beyerdynamics that sound worlds better. The Sony MDR-XB700 would be best suited, I imagine, to a person that might also wish to install a cheap, obnoxious, after-market muffler into their Honda civic or Ford Taurus. "

As you can see people, simply, DO NOT TRUST HEAD-FI!

/sigh.

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #831 of 1,126

Quote:
You know what it just did to my Grado SR80i's? It just made Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz freaking amazing.

The ZO2 is, oddly, amazing on the M-80 but seems to be made for the Grado sound signature and for anything really bright. Holy crap. Dat bass. It gained IMPRESSIVE impact, punchy'ness, while keeping everything else incredibly detailed.

Google Feel good inc hi-fi remix, THAT WILL SOUND AMAZING, trust me. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #832 of 1,126
Dec 14, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #834 of 1,126
Dec 14, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #835 of 1,126
Ok thanks for the input guys - answers all my questions.  Can't wait for the bass to rattle my brain
L3000.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #837 of 1,126
Just shot an email over to digiZoid asking how the new revision is coming and when it may start shipping. It's been about a half hour, will keep you guys posted. I havent heard anything in the last few days, yet MizMoxie has been on the forums

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #838 of 1,126
I've been corresponding with Cindy and they're working hard on the ZO2.3.  No details on a shipping date, she didn't offer and I didn't press it.  I'd rather they take the time they need to get it right.

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #839 of 1,126

Just got an email with my tracking number, they're shipping out today!
Quote:
I've been corresponding with Cindy and they're working hard on the ZO2.3.  No details on a shipping date, she didn't offer and I didn't press it.  I'd rather they take the time they need to get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back