ZMFheadphones HOT CUP SUMMER - auteur Classic, LTD and Stabilized Atrium release + More!!!
Jul 16, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #62 of 218
@zach915m the Petrel and Argonaut Atriums look the same to me...error or just absurdly similar?

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 9.08.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 9.08.41 AM.png

Jul 16, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #63 of 218
@zach915m the Petrel and Argonaut Atriums look the same to me...error or just absurdly similar?

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 9.08.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 9.08.41 AM.png
Good catch, those are definitely the same. The one on the bottom has the cup on the right slight turned, hence the slightly different color.

Jul 16, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #64 of 218
Hey - all - there's a lot going on for ZMF HOT CUP SUMMER so I will segment this a bit to make everything clear.
These are absolutely ... stellar!

My man.

What's the deal with a closed back Auteur? Optimistic it will happen?

You need to think about a frequent buyer program.

One question.

It's easy.

I promise.

Will you direct ship to private buyers of refurbed Auteur's from those upgraders who wish to sell ours, so we can transfer the new warranty too?

What are you doing with the old drivers? I hate waste. Hate it. Can they be saved?

save the drivers

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #65 of 218
These are absolutely ... stellar!

My man.

What's the deal with a closed back Auteur? Optimistic it will happen?

You need to think about a frequent buyer program.

One question.

It's easy.

I promise.

Will you direct ship to private buyers of refurbed Auteur's from those upgraders who wish to sell ours, so we can transfer the new warranty too?

What are you doing with the old drivers? I hate waste. Hate it. Can they be saved?

save the drivers
The Auteur is basically the open backed brother to the Eikon. They originally used the same drivers, so potentially the Eikon could be updated with the new drivers/Atrium dampening system.

There will however be an Atrium Closed being released in the future.

Jul 16, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #67 of 218
@zach915m do you have an image of how the Camphor Burl atrium will look?

Jul 16, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #68 of 218
@zach915m Can you reveal if you are bringing any stunners like these to CanJam SoCal?

Also, maybe someone can chime in - How do these more overt resin sets sound compared to the stabilized or the normal woods? Could it be likened to harder Janka rating?
Some of these headphones look like half of each cup is made entirely from resin while the other side is dyed wood. If so, how might the break in material in the middle affect the sound? Or are they all wood coated with resin? Does it still sound "woody"? They look great but my gut says sound wise it would be best to stick with a typical wood ZMF, or a "normal" stabilized which at least has consistent homogenous material on the cups, especially with regard to the left and right being the same (although, I understand there are likely starker differences between my left and right ears). I would be concerned with the reflections coming off of resin as opposed to coming off of wood. But maybe it is negligible compared to the visual appeal.

Jul 16, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #69 of 218
@zach915m
Also, maybe someone can chime in - How do these more overt resin sets sound compared to the stabilized or the normal woods? Could it be likened to harder Janka rating?
Some of these headphones look like half of each cup is made entirely from resin while the other side is dyed wood. If so, how might the break in material in the middle affect the sound? Or are they all wood coated with resin? Does it still sound "woody"? They look great but my gut says sound wise it would be best to stick with a typical wood ZMF, or a "normal" stabilized which at least has consistent homogenous material on the cups, especially with regard to the left and right being the same (although, I understand there are likely starker differences between my left and right ears). I would be concerned with the reflections coming off of resin as opposed to coming off of wood. But maybe it is negligible compared to the visual appeal.
The effect of the cup material (stabilized, resin or wood) will have very minimal impact on the sound. Best to just choose what you like for aesthetics!

Your question is addressed here: https://www.zmfheadphones.com/wood

Jul 16, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #70 of 218
Are all the limited quantity & B-Stock pictures posted? I’ve been unable to locate them on the ZMF site thus far.

Jul 16, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #71 of 218
I think around 500-525g? I will try to weigh them and update.

Churn and Fogo are Rose-Gold. I'll have to update Churn.

Edit: OK folks - it's been a long one! I'm going to get some rest and I'll be back with pics of the B-Stock Verite and VC - they are mostly Resin and Stabilized from our follies last year and also a number of Blackwood VO's, which we had a few sets with super minor splits.

I will also have pics of the Macassar sets as well as the couple Camphor Burls I made for this batch. I'll leave you with this! I'll be back!

Edit: also I have MANY emails I need to get to, I promise I will asap this weekend!

@zach915m Would really appreciate the weight of the Macassar VCs, the Macassar Atrium 6 (mag chassis, black metal, red fabric), and the Atrium Camphor Burl (both the silver and black metal version). Pretty please :)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #73 of 218
Holy hell

CFA1A6C5-FAE7-46DB-95B0-FB3567364188.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back