ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Dec 15, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #1,096 of 1,522
If I can find my big-to-small adapter, I'll try the Vibro and Omni with the QP1R and AK100ii.  I don't have a Mojo handy to test, but I doubt it can put out enough juice to do these justice (but again, I don't have one to test so that's just a guess).

I have found the Mojo plenty capable of driving my Vibro mk1 and that's with volume around double blue/green. I will be able to test the difference with Mojo alone or into the Liquid Carbon amp after it gets here tomorrow and let you know if they benefit from more power.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #1,097 of 1,522
Has anyone tried the Blackwood's with Chord Mojo or any of the high-end DAP's like QP1R, LP5 Pro or others? I'm asking since Blackwoods requires some juice. I'm specifically thinking about the Mojo since I can use it as a computer DAC too. The DX80 from ibasso seems too weak to drive my Blackwoods.

Ok, I have confirmed, IMO, that the Mojo has plenty of power and authority to drive the Vibros. Can't get near max volume and the awesome Mojo sound does not suffer at all. Great pairing. To confirm, I also ran the Mojo (line out/3v) into the Liquid Carbon amp and on 3x gain balanced out did not need to go above 9'oclock or so. On 1x setting (no gain) could go to about 12:30. You will be very pleased!

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,098 of 1,522
HOLY F'N WOW!!!  Just started listening to my new blackwood zebras--the one on Zach's website.  And yes they look gorgeous in person.  I upgraded from the Vibro 1, and the sound change is just extraordinary.  It just resolves so much more of the music, that I am hearing new things in songs I've heard hundreds of times. Someone said in a previous review "controlled chaos".  I totally can understand that now.    I have left all of the plugs out which gives it just a hint more bass slam. The thing I also love is the new swiveling cups help a ton at capturing a great seal.  I love these cans so much even with no burn in time and still with the Lyr.  I can't wait to hear them with the LC which Zach said is an incredible combo. I have my DH balanced cable waiting.  All I think I am going to do is upgrade to the bifrost multibit, and endgame will be achieved.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #1,099 of 1,522
I received my Vibro siblings today. MKI and MKII.

The MKI really makes me miss my Uberfrost/Lyr2 stack. The "shouty" nature of the stack really worked well with the MKI.

In the meantime I'm using a JDS Element and the MKII sounds much better with it than the MKI. To me, this is not a knock on the MKI, but the realization that I really miss the Schiit Stack.

That is all I have to say about them for now. I will have more to say once the Liquid Carbon/Gumby combo arrives.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #1,100 of 1,522
pulled the trigger on a vibro mkii after chatting with zach one night, awesome customer service, can't wait to hear them! now to decide between a project polaris or project ember ...

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #1,101 of 1,522
pulled the trigger on a vibro mkii after chatting with zach one night, awesome customer service, can't wait to hear them! now to decide between a project polaris or project ember ...

Good choice. Awesome headphone.

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #1,102 of 1,522

I should put mine into the Solstice and see how it sounds... Been having so much fun with the Cavallis that I forgot to even try!

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,103 of 1,522
Zach,

I have been listening to my Vibro MKll,  for 2 days since they arrived. My laptop system consists of Dell Latitude, Geek Out V2, and Woo Audio WA6. So far the Vibro MKll's are the best headphones I have ever listened to, and that includes Sennheiser, Audeze, Mr. Speakers, and Fostex. Thank You for creating these headphones!

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,104 of 1,522
  Zach,

I have been listening to my Vibro MKll,  for 2 days since they arrived. My laptop system consists of Dell Latitude, Geek Out V2, and Woo Audio WA6. So far the Vibro MKll's are the best headphones I have ever listened to, and that includes Sennheiser, Audeze, Mr. Speakers, and Fostex. Thank You for creating these headphones!

P. Novitt

+1 My Senn HD600 don't get used unless I need open to hear doorbell or phone if I'm home alone.

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #1,105 of 1,522

There is at least one of each of the project amps in the classifieds. Save some money and help someone out.

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #1,106 of 1,522
There is at least one of each of the project amps in the classifieds. Save some money and help someone out.

??  Or help out the guys that run a small 2-man company that grew out of the DIY scene?  This isn't Sennheiser we're talking about here... 

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #1,107 of 1,522
True that. As a one man team supporting two households every bit helps. I didn't realize they were that small. They've been around for a bit. Never heard one of their amps. The community here is kinda closed. I bought a schiit new when they started for the same reason. The last new item I bought other than tweaks. Oops I forgot about the LH gear I got on Kickstarter .

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #1,108 of 1,522
  Zach,

P. Novitt

So glad you got them safe and like them!   I really appreciate the kind words and it makes me really happy to know you're enjoying them.    Nice set-up too! 
smily_headphones1.gif

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back