ZMF Verite Open
Sep 24, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #3,016 of 9,524
Nice set up there UT. Are those the wireless Verite? :wink:

Haha I knew someone would say that but it's for a photo shoot. I don't know why the Studio Six has been under my radar all this while. Maybe because it's so low profile or people have forgotten about it but my word, it's incredible sounding with Verite.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #3,017 of 9,524
Nice set up there UT. Are those the wireless Verite? :wink:
Ha, now we are talking. Although we have put in previous request for the....VP.....Verite Planar and now we have one for the....VW.....Verite Wireless.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #3,020 of 9,524
Which is your favourite amp with the Verite?

That's a tough call. If I had to choose, it would be the Studio Six for it's ultra quiet noise level, refinement in tone, ability to resolve details in complex music score, punch and dynamics, wide soundstage. It's a very nicely executed package. GOTL on the other hand is just so musical, it surprise me time and time again even after having it since Dec 2017. There's something in the Glenn OTL tube tone that is intoxicating.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #3,024 of 9,524
I'm all decked out. Got my Verite on and my ZMF shirt listening to some tunes.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #3,027 of 9,524
Haha I know these pads are driving me nuts. They have magical powers.
They really do! I always try and give the Verite pads a fair shake but the presentation of the Universe pads is just so incredibly addicting that I can't seem to switch for longer than a few hours! (I feel that way about most ZMF dynamics and their default pads tho. I feel like Zach has been very smart and thoughtful with the pads he's set for each headphone's "default" sound.)

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #3,028 of 9,524
They really do! I always try and give the Verite pads a fair shake but the presentation of the Universe pads is just so incredibly addicting that I can't seem to switch for longer than a few hours! (I feel that way about most ZMF dynamics and their default pads tho. I feel like Zach has been very smart and thoughtful with the pads he's set for each headphone's "default" sound.)

Do you know which is the default pad for Verite Open? I have never quite work that out because my Verite came installed with the Universe pads. The Verite flat pads were just included. I would have thought that the Verite flat pad is the default pad as it has the Verite name.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #3,029 of 9,524
Do you know which is the default pad for Verite Open? I have never quite work that out because my Verite came installed with the Universe pads. The Verite flat pads were just included. I would have thought that the Verite flat pad is the default pad as it has the Verite name.
Lol, yeah, the Universe pads are indeed the default pads for the Verite Open! I was confused by that in the beginning too lol.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #3,030 of 9,524
Lovely to have those high end choices. I only have the Tron but I'm ever so pleased with how it plays with the Verite. I have so many things I need to get on with but I'm hearing my music anew and it's so distracting.

Tron Antares is like straight out of Star Wars. It's understandable you're so pleased with it. There has been great reviews on it. If only I get to sample it. :)

Impressive feature set: https://tron-electric.co.uk/headphone-amplifiers/antares/

https://topoxforddoc.zenfolio.com/blog/2016/10/tron-antares-headphone-amplifier-review

tronhp3.jpg

tron-antares-above-headroom-2017.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back