ZMF Verite Open
Dec 14, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #1,022 of 9,512
Is it true that the verité prefers tubes more than SS? I just watched a review from headkarma and he said verite are better on tubes than SS. I sure hope they dont need tubes to sound their best! I dont own tubes.
If you flip to the previous page there's a discussion on this very topic. Seems like most people prefer SS for the Verite at the moment.

EDIT: oops. sorry. Didn't realize you were a participant in that discussion. Carry on...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #1,023 of 9,512
Is it true that the verité prefers tubes more than SS? I just watched a review from headkarma and he said verite are better on tubes than SS. I sure hope they dont need tubes to sound their best! I dont own tubes.
Headkarma is my channel. I don't own high dollar SS amps, but between my Gilmore lite mk 2, vintage receivers and GOTL, the tubes were the best to my ears

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #1,025 of 9,512
On GLM2 its fine,but bass is lacking.
On vintage receivers,bass is monstrous like GOTL,but some of the 3D imaging is stunted.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #1,027 of 9,512
As 3D as tubes but without as much bass?
I would have to go back and listen again to confirm that for you, but I don't have the Verite here at the moment.
For me, the GLM2 was by far, the least enjoyable amping option I own so I didn't spend too much time with that combo

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #1,028 of 9,512
I get that getting to hear the Verite at a meet environment is prolly the only way to hear them,but IMO these headphones require more time,song selections,and the ability to really close your eyes and sink into the music to fully appreciate them.
Of course you're right. It's insane to make any judgements about endgame HPs even in a quiet show setting w/10-15" total ear-time.

Evidently I need more Head-Fi'ers who own endgame headphones to move nearby so I can beseech them for a loaner!

NYC isn't that far, but I haven't heard (nor read) Monster giving any invitations.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #1,029 of 9,512
Oh ,I'm not in The City. I'm way out in Eastern Long Island, and if any established Head Fiers wanna come check them out, we can work that out

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #1,030 of 9,512
This thread has it all...liver sausage w/incomprehensible German titles; bathroom humor; millennial entitlement.

Regardless, I'll hear the Verite at CanJam, hopefully in some quiet room where I can actually hear it.

The schiitr is actually the name of Schiit Audio’s official retail store, a place where you can go and try out their amps/DACs with your headphones (or any they have on hand) without worrying about people trying to sell you on stuff. I can see the misunderstanding though :p

http://www.schiit.com/schiitr

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #1,031 of 9,512
Oh ,I'm not in The City. I'm way out in Eastern Long Island, and if any established Head Fiers wanna come check them out, we can work that out
I was only kidding...you're quite the generous Monster.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #1,032 of 9,512
The schiitr is actually the name of Schiit Audio’s official retail store, a place where you can go and try out their amps/DACs with your headphones (or any they have on hand) without worrying about people trying to sell you on stuff. I can see the misunderstanding though :p

http://www.schiit.com/schiitr
No he gets it...most people just don't get his humor. I made more of a veiled joke of it, which he astutely picked up on (if picking up on bad jokes can be considered 'astute' that is).
Blame me, not him...and please share your impressions as you're able!

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #1,033 of 9,512
I was only kidding...you're quite the generous Monster.

Well,I do think these spectacular headphones require more than a few minutes at CanJam to fully appreciate. I also realize the price tag is such that its too steep for many to buy based upon my,or any other reviews,so I would be happy to host a few people to check them out. If anybody wants to do that drop me a PM so we dont clog up this thread.

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #1,034 of 9,512
No he gets it...most people just don't get his humor. I made more of a veiled joke of it, which he astutely picked up on (if picking up on bad jokes can be considered 'astute' that is).
Blame me, not him...and please share your impressions as you're able!

Ah that makes more sense now! Good stuff haha. Thanks for the clarification :)

Dec 15, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #1,035 of 9,512
If you flip to the previous page there's a discussion on this very topic. Seems like most people prefer SS for the Verite at the moment.

EDIT: oops. sorry. Didn't realize you were a participant in that discussion. Carry on...
I don’t think I’ve read a single comment that suggests Verite is better on SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back