ZMF Verite Open
Nov 13, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #406 of 9,534
Nov 13, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #407 of 9,534
I heard these at RMAF and enjoyed the experience even though I can't be sure unless I'm at home, in my zone and giving it a shot with my setups. I was interested in ordering and lost it (humor) when I read this in the FAQ:

Beryllium Driver? Isn't that dangerous!?
Beryllium actually isn't particularly dangerous unless:
1. You take your headphone apart.
2. Scratch your driver material into a fine dust.
3. Snort it.
In that case you *might* get some lung damage. Otherwise if the headphone is used normally it is no different than any other ZMF, listen at a safe volume!
--------------------------------------

But... then I saw the 14 day trial period with the hinge of a 25% return fee. That is... wow... worst case a $550 two week trial period if it doesn't work well with my setup. No go for me.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #408 of 9,534
I was interested in ordering and lost it when I read this in the FAQ:

Beryllium Driver? Isn't that dangerous!?
Beryllium actually isn't particularly dangerous unless:
1. You take your headphone apart.
2. Scratch your driver material into a fine dust.
3. Snort it.
In that case you *might* get some lung damage. Otherwise if the headphone is used normally it is no different than any other ZMF, listen at a safe volume!
How did that FAQ made you change your mind?! Were you planning on taking the Verite apart, grind the driver and snort it??? :astonished:

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #411 of 9,534
Nov 13, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #415 of 9,534
Hehehehe thank you :) they're the reason I started play basketball back in the days! (I'm not a pro but I love the game)

Yeah Im really into hoops as well. I used to be able to dunk a volleyball back in the day,which aint easy being white and 5'7" :)
You need to get out to a CanJam. Met David "The Admiral" Robinson at Zachs booth a cpl years ago in NYC.

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #416 of 9,534
Hehehehe thank you :) they're the reason I started play basketball back in the days! (I'm not a pro but I love the game)
Is that a picture from the Fleer '86-'87 basketball card set?

As for the headphone drivers... it makes perfect sense to read the FAQ and understand the dangers of snorting beryllium.
I'd love to try them out myself (before disassembly and snorting). *sigh* maybe some day.

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #417 of 9,534
I snort crushed headphone drivers every weekend. I can stop anytime I want.

Looking forward to your impressions...a lot!

So dry around here... I lost it because it's hilarious! They only lost a sale for the return policy.

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #418 of 9,534
Don't mind Pharmaboy. He snorts Grados.

:grimacing: :laughing:

Driving the buss back to On Topic-land...

The Verite make everything feel so alive. Such impact and presence.

In the Aeolus review I recently wrote, I said that if I want staging I go listen to speakers. Verite is like listening to speakers for me. For the first time in a hundred different headphones I wasn't brought crashing back to in-your-head-stage reality by a treble peak, lack of bass, an artificial / hollow sounding mid range, or plethora of other issues that just ruin any mental acceptance of the staging effects that I perceive while listening. I just sank into the songs and let them flow. It was fantastic!

Now, to the over-analyzer killjoys who are going to nit pick everything... no, it's not as wide as something like the HD800, but it is one of the most natural headphone sound stages I've experienced.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #419 of 9,534
Also... a little tease for you guys.

PSX_20181113_201301.jpg

Nov 14, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #420 of 9,534

Users who are viewing this thread

Back