ZMF Verite Open
Dec 19, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #3,706 of 9,515
I think it's the the tame treble that allows for so many genres to be enjoyed by the Verite. Even just inserting a shelf at 2k to the treble by +1.0db on my RME PEQ brings more attention to the details up top, but also make some tracks a bit much.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #3,707 of 9,515
So I just made a new cable for my Verite. Nothing out of the usual, Neutrik XLR connector, Amphenol mini-xlr, and Mogami mini-quad mic cable... but darn if this isn't making them sound bright, clear and sharp. I had to check my PEQ to make sure it hadn't changed. The difference between this cable and the one I had been using is really just the gauge of the wire as both are OFC Mogami cable. Same XLR and mini-xlr connectors on both ends, same solder. The old cable was using standard Mogami quad (24AWG), this one mini quad (26AWG). I've used the mini quad in cables before and never noticed this much difference. Interesting stuff.

Obligatory photo:
IMG_7481.JPG
First time trying the hybrid design before and after the Y relief. Mixed feelings.

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #3,708 of 9,515
So I just made a new cable for my Verite. Nothing out of the usual, Neutrik XLR connector, Amphenol mini-xlr, and Mogami mini-quad mic cable... but darn if this isn't making them sound bright, clear and sharp. I had to check my PEQ to make sure it hadn't changed. The difference between this cable and the one I had been using is really just the gauge of the wire as both are OFC Mogami cable. Same XLR and mini-xlr connectors on both ends, same solder. The old cable was using standard Mogami quad (24AWG), this one mini quad (26AWG). I've used the mini quad in cables before and never noticed this much difference. Interesting stuff.

Obligatory photo:

First time trying the hybrid design before and after the Y relief. Mixed feelings.
You make some sweet looking cables...nice job!

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #3,711 of 9,515
That Aeolus is stunning. Blackwood? Also rose gold grille too, or is it mismatched?

I'm tempted to get an Aeolus to complement my Verite, but not sure if there's too much overlap with the ZMF house sound. Ideally I'd want a ZMF planar, but that'll probably be a few years in the waiting.

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #3,712 of 9,515
Is that the 2K Copper with the Aeolus and the Atmos with the Verite?

Yes, that is the 2k copper with the Aeolus, and the Atmos with the Verite. That's correct. What did you wager...? Excellent, you win the Daily Double! :D

That Aeolus is stunning. Blackwood? Also rose gold grille too, or is it mismatched?
It is a blackwood Aeolus with copper grilles. It looks fairly dark in "normal" lighting conditions, but like the blackwood itself, fun things happen when the light hits it the right way.

EDIT: Here is the Aeolus in its "natural habitat". Picture taken with a cell phone. In normal room lighting.

xMSzaEt.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #3,715 of 9,515
How does the Verite look with the Aeolus? Is it too much?

Kn1BHCL.jpg

OkTzNxo.jpg

kShhhRu.jpg
Too much ZMF? Never. They look even more elegant next to each other, quite the compliments!
Merry Christmas to all. Verite has never sounded better with this new Oblivion amp. Such clarity, open soundstage, impact and fast transient speed while maintaining the gorgeous tube tone.

Merry Christmas to you too. Woke up early this morning to get some time in with my VO before all the crazy of the day starts. Glad you enjoy your setup :)

Dec 25, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #3,716 of 9,515
Any idea if any ZMF headphone profiles are available on any auto-EQ programs like sonarworks true-fi? That program is so handy. I think it is indispensable with my LCD-X.

Dec 25, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #3,717 of 9,515
Any idea if any ZMF headphone profiles are available on any auto-EQ programs like sonarworks true-fi? That program is so handy. I think it is indispensable with my LCD-X.
I dont think it is available on Sonarworks True-fi. But these can don't need any complex EQ. I don't use any but based on your DAC and AMP you may need to apply at few places. However I dont think you have to go overboard like HD 800 series

Dec 25, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #3,718 of 9,515
For anyone that has tried the Universe Suede pads, how do they compare to both the Universe leather and Verite pads as far as sound?

Dec 25, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #3,719 of 9,515
For anyone that has tried the Universe Suede pads, how do they compare to both the Universe leather and Verite pads as far as sound?
Universe suede are the most linear response of the three. They split the difference in sound stage between Verite lamb and universe lamb. Suede universe also roll of a the edge of details imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back