ZMF Verite Open
Dec 25, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #3,721 of 9,535
You’re welcome to try mine out if you want, I pretty much never take off the Verite lambs.
Cool, maybe I will take you up on that. My preferred pads are the Verite Suede, so I was wondering what the Universe Suede might sound like.

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #3,722 of 9,535
I'm choosing Vérité or Auteur to compliment my HD800S. I prefer different sound signature from HD800s but not as warm as Ether 2. HD800s for jazz and classical and the new one for the rest except rock/heavy metal. Audition is not possible where I live. Which one do you recommend?

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #3,723 of 9,535
I found the Verite to be much more appealing, over the Auteur, for its technicalities whilst retaining a lovely musical element. I have only briefly auditioned HD800s so I can’t comment much on the complimentary nature of either, although the Verite will give a more relaxed treble performance than the 800s.
The Verite is able to create a 3D listening experience with great depth that I find really attractive in a headphone, and a quality I found lacking in almost every other headphone I’ve owned.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #3,724 of 9,535
I would like to get a pad discussion going again since I just last week received my Verite open headphones. I ordered several other pads with my order: BE2 pads, Universe suede pads and the auteur pads. I can report that after trying all of them, the best sounding one for my setup was the default installed Universe lambskin pads. I can see why Zach installed these on all Verite headphones. He must think that they are the best sounding too. I am comparing Verite to my other headphone which is a Final Audio D8000. That one only has one earpad choice. It is full sounding, detailed. From all the Verite pad choices, only the Universe lambskin pads can compete with Final D8000 sound. I have read past reviews which said that the Universe pads give a wild sound with sound coming from all directions in your head. I didn't hear that with my gear, just a nice full sound with punch. The Verite pads which came in the box are OK for a less full punchy sound. The vocals are more detailed. The Universe suede pads I thought were a step down in sound for me . I have to say that I only have 10 hours of use on the Verite, and I am making judgement calls on the pads at this stage when further burn in may change my opinions.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #3,725 of 9,535
I would like to get a pad discussion going again since I just last week received my Verite open headphones. I ordered several other pads with my order: BE2 pads, Universe suede pads and the auteur pads. I can report that after trying all of them, the best sounding one for my setup was the default installed Universe lambskin pads. I can see why Zach installed these on all Verite headphones. He must think that they are the best sounding too. I am comparing Verite to my other headphone which is a Final Audio D8000. That one only has one earpad choice. It is full sounding, detailed. From all the Verite pad choices, only the Universe lambskin pads can compete with Final D8000 sound. I have read past reviews which said that the Universe pads give a wild sound with sound coming from all directions in your head. I didn't hear that with my gear, just a nice full sound with punch. The Verite pads which came in the box are OK for a less full punchy sound. The vocals are more detailed. The Universe suede pads I thought were a step down in sound for me . I have to say that I only have 10 hours of use on the Verite, and I am making judgement calls on the pads at this stage when further burn in may change my opinions.
Hey congrats on your new phones. I do think burn in will affect the sound quite a bit, pretty early to really get a feel for the sound. With mine fully burned in, I feel the punch is greatest on the Verite lambskin compared to the Universe suede and lambskin pads. But I’m definitely a Verite lambskin fanboy.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #3,726 of 9,535
Are BE2 pads the same as Universe hybrid pads? confused about pads

There is also hybrid auteur pads. Someone said they are the best pads for Verite C.

I prefer Verite pads with VO. I think sound is more detailed because drivers are closer to ears.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #3,728 of 9,535
@wojpol what Amp are you using? Sometimes amps that are great with harder to drive planars aren't always as fluid/impactful with our high impedance stuff. Not always ofcourse!

Source AV and Upscale audio are out near you - could be fun to try the Verite's on a bunch of great amps.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 30, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #3,729 of 9,535
I use the new Yamaha S2100 integrated amplifier with my headphones. 100 watts of power type. I like it because it also plays my vinyl records well with a nice built in phono amp. I know that all headphones sound different on various amplifiers. I try to find a headphone that adapts well to my Yamaha unit.

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #3,730 of 9,535

Give the Verite lambskin pads a second chance, they give much more detailed and dynamic sound, plus a less darker sound.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #3,731 of 9,535
I am on the fence to buy either the Schiit Freya+ or the Glenn OTL, almost half of my listening time is with my Adam speakers and I am in a dire need to an analog remote control for both my speakers and headphones.

Anyone have experience using speakers tube preamp for headphones? it will be fed to a THX amp to the Verite.
I want some tube sound for both my systems.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #3,732 of 9,535
I am on the fence to buy either the Schiit Freya+ or the Glenn OTL, almost half of my listening time is with my Adam speakers and I am in a dire need to an analog remote control for both my speakers and headphones.

Anyone have experience using speakers tube preamp for headphones? it will be fed to a THX amp to the Verite.
I want some tube sound for both my systems.
I think you'll find tube amps as a pre to be varying degrees of hit and miss. I was looking for the same thing a few years back. I'd go with the Freya+.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #3,733 of 9,535
So when are going to get a Electrostat version of the Verite Zac Efron?

Jan 1, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #3,734 of 9,535
Anyone own the verite universe suede perforated pads and want to trade for my universe suede non-perforated (especially if you own Eikon or Atticus) ? I received the non-perf versions for the holidays as a gift and can't use them on my Verite open.

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #3,735 of 9,535
All EQed

If I would write a complete and comprehensive comparative review between the HE1000SE and the Verite and I just wrote:

"The HE1000SE impress me more but the Verite make me weep more" I think it will be enough written!.

It's without hesitation the best purchase I've made in the last decade. And NO it's not a honeymoon effect, it's been +3 months already.
I am seriously thinking of selling everything else and buy a BIG ASS front end for them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back