ZMF Verite Open
Oct 22, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #9,031 of 9,521
Hey everyone, I've recently been having a problem with the Verite pads I've been daily driving for most part of the last two years. It keeps coming off the headphones and it's a pain to get it back on. It looks like the elasticity of the part that goes into the groove is all but spent. I looked at the store and I can't seem to find the Verite pads anymore? I'm not the biggest fan of the sound of the Universal Pads I have. What are my options?

I would also recommend the BE2 pads. The Caldera Ultra Perf pads are great as well. They open up the staging quite a bit from the Vertie pads.
Yeah I'd second that, if you like verite pads give the Caldera ultra perf a try.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 28, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #9,033 of 9,521
Yeah I'd second that, if you like verite pads give the Caldera ultra perf a try.
I have really been enjoying the UltraPerf pads on my VO. Bought them for the Atrium but don’t want to take them off the VO. May have to buy another set

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #9,034 of 9,521
For those of you that have both a Piety and a Violectric V2xx (particularly the V202/V222), do you feel the Violectrics have much better synergy with the VO than the Piety? I know they would be a step up in staging and technicalities, but since the VO is already pretty fast with good staging I'm wondering if anyone actually prefers the Piety's more syrupy sound when paired with the Verite

Nov 5, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #9,035 of 9,521
In comparisons with the Atrium, I often see people say that the VO doesn't have as big or deep of a soundstage, but I also see many say that the VO has a more unique soundstage presentation. I'm hoping to get a better understanding of what makes them unique. Does it have to do with the more prevalent cub reverb in the Verite?

Also, does anyone here own the VO and the Meze 109 Pro? I've struggled to find any comparisons and I know it's not the most obvious comparison price-wise, but I feel they'd both be good potential options as more resolving and spacious and less intimate complements to my Atticus and modded 6XX. Both seem to have recessed upper mids and more crisp treble while having natural timbre, which is what I'm looking for.

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #9,036 of 9,521
In comparisons with the Atrium, I often see people say that the VO doesn't have as big or deep of a soundstage, but I also see many say that the VO has a more unique soundstage presentation. I'm hoping to get a better understanding of what makes them unique. Does it have to do with the more prevalent cub reverb in the Verite?
I think it's more due to the fast BE coated drivers and that it doesn't use the Atrium Dampening System (now fully patented!). In particular, the VO with good system synergy and the right pads can deliver some compelling 3D staging.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #9,037 of 9,521
I found my VO sounded wider than my Atrium. Granted both these headphones stages quite differently. The VO is more enveloping providing a bit more of a 3d feel. The Atrium doesn't stage as wide but it is more open sounding possibly due to a more open design than prior ZMF models. Think Utopia but wider and slightly less open. If you're looking for a headphone with relaxed upper mids and wide stage this is it.

Nov 6, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #9,038 of 9,521
It is difficult to describe the differences in sound between VO and AtriumO, but bear in mind, I am still just getting to know the Atrium. My impression so far is that the Atrium has more cup reverb and the VO sounds more direct.

Instruments sound meaty and solid on the VO, while on the AtrO there is a glowing halo around them, as if floating in space. I think some people may confuse this effect with a wider soundstage, but I don't think that's accurate. Vocals sound more direct on VO as well (vs reverb-y on the AtrO).

Here's the problem, though...they both sound great, just different. I did not plan to keep both, but it may end up that way. Depending on the genre I want to listen to, or my mood, I could go for either one! So far, I lean toward VO for jazz and classical, and AO for rock, blues and folk - but then again, it all depends on my mood at the moment.

Nov 10, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #9,039 of 9,521
Another Head-Fi'er asked my via PM to do an A-B cable test with my VO: Forza Noir Hybrid (copper/silver) vs. ZMF Lektrik C 4-strand copper. Seemed appropriate that I post the results here as well:

Thank you for prompting me to do this A-B test. This is NOT the answer you were hoping for, I'm afraid.

Bear in mind, the differences are not huge, but they are noticeable. The Copper cable provides a fuller, richer overall presentation. Mids and highs are not compromised to any significant degree, while lower mids and bass are more present. Again, it's not a huge difference, but I will be sticking with the copper on the Verite. The Hybrid still sounds very good, but with a small loss of bass and an overall leaner sound. Treble may seem a tad more sparkly with the Hybrid, but not by much, and is probably a misperception caused by the lesser amount of bass.

I will be testing the Hybrid on my Atrium and Auteur Classic (when I get a chance) and see if I prefer it to copper on either of those. If not, I'll probably sell the Hybrid (which is Noir Hybrid HPC - Length: 3m; Plug: Furutech 6,3mm jack; and cost me $421 USD).

I cannot comment on the sound of the the Forza Noir Mk2 copper cable (least expensive) which I have never heard vs. ZMF Lectric-C 4-strand (mid-price) vs. the more expensive ZMF 2K Copper, which I have also never heard. (NOTE - if any of you CAN comment on these different copper cables, please do!)

Nov 10, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #9,040 of 9,521
Another Head-Fi'er asked my via PM to do an A-B cable test with my VO: Forza Noir Hybrid (copper/silver) vs. ZMF Lektrik C 4-strand copper. Seemed appropriate that I post the results here as well:

Thank you for prompting me to do this A-B test. This is NOT the answer you were hoping for, I'm afraid.

Bear in mind, the differences are not huge, but they are noticeable. The Copper cable provides a fuller, richer overall presentation. Mids and highs are not compromised to any significant degree, while lower mids and bass are more present. Again, it's not a huge difference, but I will be sticking with the copper on the Verite. The Hybrid still sounds very good, but with a small loss of bass and an overall leaner sound. Treble may seem a tad more sparkly with the Hybrid, but not by much, and is probably a misperception caused by the lesser amount of bass.

I will be testing the Hybrid on my Atrium and Auteur Classic (when I get a chance) and see if I prefer it to copper on either of those. If not, I'll probably sell the Hybrid (which is Noir Hybrid HPC - Length: 3m; Plug: Furutech 6,3mm jack; and cost me $421 USD).

I cannot comment on the sound of the the Forza Noir Mk2 copper cable (least expensive) which I have never heard vs. ZMF Lectric-C 4-strand (mid-price) vs. the more expensive ZMF 2K Copper, which I have also never heard. (NOTE - if any of you CAN comment on these different copper cables, please do!)
I also prefer an all copper cable (in my case Norne Drausk and Draug) with the VO. I have ZMF Lectric S 4-strand and LQI Esprit copper/silver hybrid cables that I like to run on the Aeolus, Atticus, and Autuer OG.

I prefer my all copper LQI Voda, Norne Draug, and Norne Drausk cables with the VO, VC, Eikon, Autuer Classic, and Atrium Open. At least that is my experience running on my equipment. It goes without saying YMMV (even though I said it anyways! Lol!).

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #9,041 of 9,521
I also prefer an all copper cable (in my case Norne Drausk and Draug) with the VO. I have ZMF Lectric S 4-strand and LQI Esprit copper/silver hybrid cables that I like to run on the Aeolus, Atticus, and Autuer OG.

I prefer my all copper LQI Voda, Norne Draug, and Norne Drausk cables with the VO, VC, Eikon, Autuer Classic, and Atrium Open. At least that is my experience running on my equipment. It goes without saying YMMV (even though I said it anyways! Lol!).
My impressions seem to be quite consistent with yours. 😊

I’ve prefer the OCC (thick) copper Norne Drausk with the VC, and the hybrid cables (Vygarde & Einvaldi) with Auteur/Eikon.

To my ears, the properties of the Drausk add fullness to the mids and depth to bass with the Beryllium-coated Verité drivers, while the biocellulose drivers really shine with the hybrid copper/silver combo. The difference between the Einvaldi and Drausk on the Eikon are pretty significant to me, at least.

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #9,042 of 9,521
My impressions seem to be quite consistent with yours. 😊

I’ve prefer the OCC (thick) copper Norne Drausk with the VC, and the hybrid cables (Vygarde & Einvaldi) with Auteur/Eikon.

To my ears, the properties of the Drausk add fullness to the mids and depth to bass with the Beryllium-coated Verité drivers, while the biocellulose drivers really shine with the hybrid copper/silver combo. The difference between the Einvaldi and Drausk on the Eikon are pretty significant to me, at least.
Agreed. I can easily hear a difference between an all copper cable and a copper/silver hybrid. The hybrid cables usually have more extension in the highs while the all copper cables are fuller sounding. At least that's how I hear it anyways.

Nov 10, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #9,043 of 9,521
Nov 10, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #9,044 of 9,521
Why has nobody bought my favorite pair of Stabilized VO's yet??? I don't enjoy thinking about buying them 50 times in a single day :heart_eyes: :thinking:

Verite_StabilizedShopify7_1024x1024@2x.jpg 2.jpeg

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #9,045 of 9,521
Had quite an amazing VO experience last night, amazing mainly because I never saw it coming.

The Caldera has done what really fine headphones tend to do to me: over a period of time, it took over my audio sensibility & point of view. I have all these amps, and everytime I want to hear one or the other lately, it has been the Caldera I reach for. That headphone has such high resolution combined with so much listenability...it kinda hijacked my ears and made me forget about other headphones.

Hadn't really listened to the silkwood VO much at all for the past 4-5 weeks. Last night on a whim I fired up the Icon Audio HP8 and started listening via the Verite to music which (as it happens) I've been listening to a lot with the Caldera. Suddenly I get an earful of this wonderful high impedance dynamic driver sound--so much tone and texture, a completely different feel from that of the Caldera (or any planar). And just like that, the VO snapped back into focus. "Oh, yeah--I know this sound!" I found myself seduced all over again by the sound of this headphone.

Maybe the best part was the epic soundstaging--so many musical instruments & voices spread out from the far left to far right, a reminder that not every headphone that soundstages well has the ADS (the VO doesn't, and apparently doesn't need it).

The VO has been my favorite headphone for quite awhile now...and apparently it still is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back