ZMF Verite Open
May 25, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #8,716 of 9,522
...This performance in 1970 in front of the most boring crowd in rock history, is a perfect example of a legendary band at the height of their careers and the screams Gillan hits throughout this live performance is nothing short of amazing.
Oh man. That audience looks like they are waiting patiently for the headliners (The Partridge Family? The Osmond Brothers?) and are just suffering through this!

May 25, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #8,717 of 9,522
Oh man. That audience looks like they are waiting patiently for the headliners (The Partridge Family? The Osmond Brothers?) and are just suffering through this!
Deep Purple was a last minute replacement for Perry Como

May 25, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #8,719 of 9,522
Text is flat so I can't tell if you're joking.

I really hope you are, because it's funny as hell.
Kidding of course, but ever since SCTV dropped this gem in 1981, Perry Como has always been my go to when describing anything dull and uninspiring

May 26, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #8,720 of 9,522
After playing around between Universe suede and Caldera suede pads on the VO in the past week, I think the Uni suede pads are still the best (for me). So visceral and ethereal. Have been listening to some classic vocal-heavy tracks this morning with it, the sound is just so sweet, seductive and engaging. Simply love my VO. No other headphones could replace it in what it could uniquely deliver in terms of sound profile.

May 28, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #8,721 of 9,522
Sitting here on a Sunday morning listening to some new acoustic jazz on the VO and just loving it. To think, I almost gave up on these before I found out that my DAC was the culprit holding them back due to lack of system synergy. Perhaps they were still not fully burned in as well. But now, sounding pretty incredible.

Any jazz fans should check out the new album by Joe Farnsworth (with Kurt Rosenwinkel and Immanuel Wilkins) and especially, Paolo Fresu’s new album, “Food” which sounds like magic on the VO.

May 28, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #8,722 of 9,522
Almost half a decade in and the Verite remains as one of the best headphone I've heard with only the Atrium that warrants a purchase and coming close to dethroning it. It came especially close when I swap in the included Auteur leather pads weeks ago but the Verite still stands. Plenty of cup resonance results in a coloured but unique presentation. Tastefully done imo and the end result is a headphone with a rather seductive quality to it that makes it one of my favorites. In a way, hearing the Atrium and Utopia amongst other stuff made me appreciate what the Verite brings to the table even more.

Amongst all the ZMF offerings this is definitely not one to blind buy as those very qualities makes it a somewhat polarising headphone imo. Despite the various interesting releases over the years I'd still strongly recommend giving this a listen in audio shows. The Caldera and Atrium are very strong contender for top ZMF headphones but it can't replace nor replicate what the Verite does. Holds up pretty darn well and is in no way a lesser of the co flagships.

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #8,723 of 9,522
Almost half a decade in and the Verite remains as one of the best headphone I've heard with only the Atrium that warrants a purchase and coming close to dethroning it. It came especially close when I swap in the included Auteur leather pads weeks ago but the Verite still stands. Plenty of cup resonance results in a coloured but unique presentation. Tastefully done imo and the end result is a headphone with a rather seductive quality to it that makes it one of my favorites. In a way, hearing the Atrium and Utopia amongst other stuff made me appreciate what the Verite brings to the table even more.

Amongst all the ZMF offerings this is definitely not one to blind buy as those very qualities makes it a somewhat polarising headphone imo. Despite the various interesting releases over the years I'd still strongly recommend giving this a listen in audio shows. The Caldera and Atrium are very strong contender for top ZMF headphones but it can't replace nor replicate what the Verite does. Holds up pretty darn well and is in no way a lesser of the co flagships.
After owning it for quite some time, i agree that Verite Open is quite polarising. I know some people doesn't like it at all and some that loves it to death.
For me, it's a keeper for a very long time ( or probably forever? ). The sound is very unique that no other headphone can give me this kind of enjoyment

Jun 9, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #8,724 of 9,522
I really have to give it up to ZMF for their Crescent strap. I got the ZMF Pheasantwood at launch when they were using the older strap and I never had issues with it being uncomfortable, but I did notice my Atrium and Caldera were easier to wear for longer periods of time so I got a strap for my Verites. The comfort is unreal.

Jun 10, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #8,725 of 9,522
I really have to give it up to ZMF for their Crescent strap. I got the ZMF Pheasantwood at launch when they were using the older strap and I never had issues with it being uncomfortable, but I did notice my Atrium and Caldera were easier to wear for longer periods of time so I got a strap for my Verites. The comfort is unreal.
I have the original strap, but paired with the big copilot strap cover. Think I'd benefit from the crescent strap in addition?

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #8,726 of 9,522
I have the original strap, but paired with the big copilot strap cover. Think I'd benefit from the crescent strap in addition?
I’ve never experienced the copilot strap cover, so I can’t really say, but between the original strap and the crescent strap as is, it is a wild difference. Very much worth it. Not just because of the added cushioning but the wider band allowed for better weight distribution. I’m very happy with it.

Jun 10, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #8,727 of 9,522
I just have the base leather strap on my Verite's. It looks like the crescent strap would add a good bit of comfort. I might get one for my Ori's. Though I don't usually feel the weight of ZMF headphones I wear like I do with Audeze, particularly with the old style Audeze headband. If you keep the original headband design a Lohb strap is a must!

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #8,728 of 9,522
I'm a happy new owner of the Verite! I'm loving them so far. I had the Aeolus and didn't find them that great. So far I'm feeling like these are much better. The bass and the vocals are just so nice.

But I need some help identifying the pads, can you tell the names of these please?

Attachments

• 20230614_173636.jpg
    20230614_173636.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230614_173531.jpg
    20230614_173531.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jun 14, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #8,729 of 9,522
I'm a happy new owner of the Verite! I'm loving them so far. I had the Aeolus and didn't find them that great. So far I'm feeling like these are much better. The bass and the vocals are just so nice.

But I need some help identifying the pads, can you tell the names of these please?
Hello, congratulations for owning such a wonderful headphone (listening to some Jazz right now with mine and enjoying a lot)

I think it could be helpful to see the thickness of the pads to determine which model are each one

Trying to guess, looking at the pic on the right, I think the lower seems to be the Universe lamskin perf and the upper could be the BE2 lambskin perf, comparing the shape with my pads. The Be2 is a little bit thinner than the Universe

Anyway there are real experts (not me) in this thread that will help you to figure out the model

EDIT: Looking at the holes in the internal face of the lower pads in the picture, and comparing with mine, I'm not sure it is the Universe one. Let's wait for someone with better knowhow

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #8,730 of 9,522

Congrats. VO certainly has its strengths with higher resolution, extensions on both ends, more sparkles and sub-bass and that 3D stage effect. I see you have the uni suede pads on, am using the same and that is my favourite pad on VO.

I also own the Aeolus(with uni suede pads). Although It is less detailed vs VO, it has that unique mid-range magic and great timbre that sets it apart from others. And it is less amp-picky and forgiving to tracks of lower quality. I recently tried it with Caldera suede pads and it was transformed into something even better; with bass boost and wider staging.

On the other pads you showed, I think they are uni lambskin and BE2 lambskin (I have them both and they do look identical to yours).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back