ZMF Verite Open
Feb 3, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #1,321 of 9,535
...I tend to like a pretty forward and neutral sound, but I wanted to give them a try anyway, but have pretty quickly determined they're not for me...
Why I passed.

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #1,322 of 9,535
I would not use them in the rain.
Not in a park, not on a train.
Not in a car, not on a plane!
I would put them in a box.
I would keep them off of rocks.
I would use them in a house.
In places quiet as a mouse.
In different rooms, here and there.
Say! I would love to use them anywhere!
But while on travel, I would beware.

Revised edition: "Green Eggs and Ham and ZMF Headphones"

(very droll post!)

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,324 of 9,535
The Verite is less forward-sounding, a little darker, and a shade warmer. Resolution, speed, and microdetails is probably one step up in favor of the Verite to my ears. I guess none of those observations are really news to anyone though, lol.

I knew going in that the Verite sound signature concept might not jive for me -- as I tend to like a pretty forward and neutral sound, but I wanted to give them a try anyway, but have pretty quickly determined they're not for me.

I've actually put them up for sale, here.

GLWS my friend, sad to see it didn't work out for you.

After a few weeks now, I am confident that mine is here to stay as my primary headphone. For me, it dethrones many other flagships. Perhaps it is the synergy w/ DAVE that captivates me. In any case, I have been wanting to sell my Utopia for a while now, but held it due to fear of regret.. well Verite gave me the courage to finally do so, Utopia is gone now. 4Z gone. Ether 2 gone. Feels a bit cathartic. Just me, and Verite.

Feb 4, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #1,326 of 9,535
Feels a bit cathartic. Just me, and Verite.

I am selling my Ori as since Auteur arrived, the Ori sadly get's no head time. That said, I also feel like simplifying to a single "go to" HF has been liberating. Auteur doesn't disappoint

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #1,327 of 9,535

After a few weeks now, I am confident that mine is here to stay as my primary headphone. For me, it dethrones many other flagships. Perhaps it is the synergy w/ DAVE that captivates me. In any case, I have been wanting to sell my Utopia for a while now, but held it due to fear of regret.. well Verite gave me the courage to finally do so, Utopia is gone now. 4Z gone. Ether 2 gone. Feels a bit cathartic. Just me, and Verite.
And... Empyrean lol

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #1,332 of 9,535
I actually really want to hear the empyrean. A review said its a middle ground between the 800S and the lcd4

Recently I A/B Verite and Empyrean. Very different presentation .. Verite more musical, bass/mid/treb evenly spread... Empyrean more clinical, vocal more forward... For my listening genres I prefer Verite...

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #1,333 of 9,535
Recently I A/B Verite and Empyrean. Very different presentation .. Verite more musical, bass/mid/treb evenly spread... Empyrean more clinical, vocal more forward... For my listening genres I prefer Verite...

Hmm. Did you listen to Empyrean with leather pads? I listened with the velour pads, and vocals were quite recessed, which was also shown in the measurements available in the other universe.

Feb 5, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #1,334 of 9,535
Hmm. Did you listen to Empyrean with leather pads? I listened with the velour pads, and vocals were quite recessed, which was also shown in the measurements available in the other universe.

Standard OEM pads... Running off same amp... All the soloists popped out prominently compared to Verite

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,335 of 9,535
What genres?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back