ZMF Verite Open
Jan 23, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #1,216 of 9,521
ZMF headphones are a great example to help convince burn-in skeptics!

Auteurs are the same way. When I first got them they sounded like Beyers on meth...Now wonderful!
My Verites are starting to blossom,listening to some Suicidal Tendencies as I type.:L3000:

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,217 of 9,521
Anyone here using ZMF headphones with DNA Stratus or Stellaris?

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #1,219 of 9,521
Things have been quiet around here. I assume it's because everyone is busy with the noise pollution their new headphones are giving them?

It will be a while before I start my hardcore listening session(s) with the Verite, but I took pics... thousands (30 per second)!

haha hilarious video.

Yeah i haven't received mine yet, still awaiting final test and ship. I thought I jumped on it early on back in November but I guess you folks were even quicker to pull the trigger haha.

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #1,220 of 9,521
haha hilarious video.

Yeah i haven't received mine yet, still awaiting final test and ship. I thought I jumped on it early on back in November but I guess you folks were even quicker to pull the trigger haha.
I know right. Holy smokes. I ordered mine within the first 3 minutes and here it is almost February and still no verité for me lol. Sad times

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,222 of 9,521
Mine has been burning in for a few days, though I have listened to them for a few hours. Sounds good so far but still changing.

Bummed that Fedex opened mine up and tampered with them. They came a few days late because the "barcode label was unreadable and replaced" so they decided to open both boxes, take the headphones out of the foam inserts and shoved them back in with the open cups facing upward. Even one of the cables was floating outside the cable pouch. But all is well now that I am listening to them :)

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,223 of 9,521
I said it in my video review,and I'll say it again now...
These are insanely good with trance. The slam,the sub bass,the 3d imaging. Everything that one would want to listen to good goa/psychedlic/deep trance.

FWIW I have twice as many hits on my Aeolus review vs. my Verite review. I chalk that up to the price of the Verite being above what many can/will pay for a headphone.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #1,224 of 9,521
I said it in my video review,and I'll say it again now...
These are insanely good with trance. The slam,the sub bass,the 3d imaging. Everything that one would want to listen to good goa/psychedlic/deep trance.

FWIW I have twice as many hits on my Aeolus review vs. my Verite review. I chalk that up to the price of the Verite being above what many can/will pay for a headphone.

I think also a lot of people (mistakenly) wrote off the verite after watching that... other... 'review', but yeah the more approachable pricing of the Aeolus absolutely has it at the top of a lot of lists this year. I'm tempted to pick one up for myself as well.

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #1,225 of 9,521
I have read several reviews on this thread that have stated that Verite is not a direct upgrade to Auteur, and that they are different cans for different occasions. I listen to 100% digital music, often rock/electronic/reggae, and sometimes this is music can be poorly mastered and/or overcompressed. I want to be able to enjoy as much of my collection of possible and value a smooth musical presentation. However, I also value an open back design, with stellar imaging and soundstage. Auteur, from reports, seems relatively neutral but at the same time very musical and forgiving of poor recordings, but with a bit restricted soundstage. Verite from reports seems more of a detail can but dynamic with a fun coloured unique signature, and a bit more open. I'm undecided what would be best for me. I'm verring towards Verite but I am slightly concerned that it might not do my poorer music any favours. Does anybody have anything to add to the existing reviews that could help me make a final choice?

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #1,226 of 9,521
I have read several reviews on this thread that have stated that Verite is not a direct upgrade to Auteur, and that they are different cans for different occasions. I listen to 100% digital music, often rock/electronic/reggae, and sometimes this is music can be poorly mastered and/or overcompressed. I want to be able to enjoy as much of my collection of possible and value a smooth musical presentation. However, I also value an open back design, with stellar imaging and soundstage. Auteur, from reports, seems relatively neutral but at the same time very musical and forgiving of poor recordings, but with a bit restricted soundstage. Verite from reports seems more of a detail can but dynamic with a fun coloured unique signature, and a bit more open. I'm undecided what would be best for me. I'm verring towards Verite but I am slightly concerned that it might not do my poorer music any favours. Does anybody have anything to add to the existing reviews that could help me make a final choice?

The differences that stand out to me are:

The Auteur is much more forward and brighter than the Verite,while the Verite is warmer,more relaxed in comparison. Guitars and vocals are more in your face on the Auteur.
Bass is much more present on the Verite.
Auteur is a more rockin' headphone,whereas the Verite is more like a rose colored microscope that allows you to peer deeply into a well known song and listen with an all new perspective. Its not analytical,nor does it dissect a song like the T1 does,but still gives you the ability to put yourself right in the middle of a band and look around.

To my ears they are very different sounding,and compliment each other tremendously.

YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back