ZMF Verite Open
Jan 17, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #1,186 of 9,535
Got my shipping confirmation email today.
End game has arrived for me.

:laughing: That's what they all say.

Wait until Zach releases a planar that has a diaphragm made of Carbyne.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #1,187 of 9,535
I am waiting for one utilizing Unobtainium. That will be my endgame. Until then I will just have to make do with a Verite.:gs1000smile:

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #1,188 of 9,535
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #1,190 of 9,535
I am waiting for one utilizing Unobtainium. That will be my endgame. Until then I will just have to make do with a Verite.:gs1000smile:

Maybe Zach working on cocobolo estat..

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #1,191 of 9,535
Maybe Zach working on cocobolo estat..

Game over. I mean it.
Unless ZMF releases an estat.
How much can one get for a kidney these days?

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #1,192 of 9,535
Game over. I mean it.
Unless ZMF releases an estat.
How much can one get for a kidney these days?
Having auditioned a broad spectrum of headphones, including many different Stax models, and owning several planars, I’m quite happy to have a dynamic as my endgame. Estats just don’t do it for me.

The Auteur is my endgame, and will remain so until someone makes a headphone that’s built better, looks better and does the same sound signature better. Good luck with that Zach! :p

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #1,193 of 9,535
Having auditioned a broad spectrum of headphones, including many different Stax models, and owning several planars, I’m quite happy to have a dynamic as my endgame. Estats just don’t do it for me.

The Auteur is my endgame, and will remain so until someone makes a headphone that’s built better, looks better and does the same sound signature better. Good luck with that Zach! :p

Well, you could keep expanding your collection in the meantime by buying more auteurs - various Ltd Edition woods :)

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #1,194 of 9,535
Well, you could keep expanding your collection in the meantime by buying more auteurs - various Ltd Edition woods :)
If I was a wood collector, sure. As it is I only get to listen to it a handful of times a week, if that, and mix it up with my Elex and mobile rig. I’d say I’m already at overkill when it comes to different ways to listen to music :wink:

That said, very keenly following this thread to hear of different users’ impressions of the Verite.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #1,195 of 9,535
:laughing: That's what they all say.

Wait until Zach releases a planar that has a diaphragm made of Carbyne.

If Zach ever releases another planar, I would be all over it.
What he has done with the Ori is simply amazing and I still give it plenty of head time. Fun headphone for sure.

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #1,197 of 9,535
Really, Zach and the rest of the guys over at ZMF are fantastic.

Beautiful box and beautiful headphones.

83B50F2E-8D87-441E-8E74-04776AA7176E.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,198 of 9,535
Really, Zach and the rest of the guys over at ZMF are fantastic.

Beautiful box and beautiful headphones.

In my home I am not surrounded by beautiful wood (be it furniture or decor) so when I take out my Auters (Cocobolo) or Ori’s (Bocote) I can look and feel them and it makes me happy (let alone listen ha)

Not to get too deep but I believe there is an innate appreciation of wood since it’s the natural foundation of 2 of our most primal needs in life; shelter and fire.

So to have a headphone that not only sounds great to me but also give me an appreciation I can’t quite put my finger on is really special.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #1,199 of 9,535
Estats just don’t do it for me.
Felt the same as you, until auditioning the brand new HiFiMAN Jade 2... First estat that ever did it for me!

Back on-topic, Got my Verite 2 days ago, and so far 25 hours of burn-in. Despite VERY small amount of head time, I can already hear an improvement!!
I have couple test tracks that could sound unpleasantly harsh / sharp, and the Verite out-of-the-box with those tracks was not pleasant to listen to. 25 hours later - MUCH better already. Will serious listen to those tracks again after 100 hour mark, but I am very encouraged already after 25 hours :)

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #1,200 of 9,535
Felt the same as you, until auditioning the brand new HiFiMAN Jade 2... First estat that ever did it for me!

Back on-topic, Got my Verite 2 days ago, and so far 25 hours of burn-in. Despite VERY small amount of head time, I can already hear an improvement!!
I have couple test tracks that could sound unpleasantly harsh / sharp, and the Verite out-of-the-box with those tracks was not pleasant to listen to. 25 hours later - MUCH better already. Will serious listen to those tracks again after 100 hour mark, but I am very encouraged already after 25 hours :)

In my video review I mentioned that I actually put the Verite away after a few 24 hour burn-in sessions,and chalked them up to them just not being for me. Fast forward to now,where im chomping at the bit for my own pair to be delivered.
Give them plenty of burn-in. They change dramatically....in a great way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back