ZMF Verite Open
Dec 21, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #1,066 of 9,518
Have about 30 sets of Pheasant finished and 15 sets of Silk - all are in different stages of assembly. We had a few demo units go out today to various dealers, and will start mass Verite and Aeolus shipments after the holiday. Personally I'd rather skip xmas and build headphones, but we will have a couple days off. :mrs_claus:
Please dont skip Xmas! Best time of year.

Dec 21, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #1,067 of 9,518
Have about 30 sets of Pheasant finished and 15 sets of Silk - all are in different stages of assembly. We had a few demo units go out today to various dealers, and will start mass Verite and Aeolus shipments after the holiday. Personally I'd rather skip xmas and build headphones, but we will have a couple days off. :mrs_claus:

I couldn't possibly agree more. Headphone goodness > holidays. That and I always have the lingering family comparisons with my brother: "he's a major editor of a magazine and what do you have to show for yourself and your masters degree!??"

... "Well I have nice headphones on the way"...

Dec 22, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #1,068 of 9,518
Zach - You, Bevin and your other little helpers deserve a break! Have some fun!!
(coming from a person eagerly waiting his Pheasant Verite... :wink:)

Dec 22, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #1,070 of 9,518
So in zeos new burn in video. He burned in verite more and retested. He still thinks they have "no soundstage" and have harshness. Interesting....
Yes and he tested them with a tube amp too with similar results. Guess they’re just not his cup of tea. Either that or the initial reviewers on this thread are really smitten by certain qualities of the Verite that just don’t float his boat. Should be interesting once they start shipping and we get a broader sample of impressions.

Dec 22, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,071 of 9,518
Yes and he tested them with a tube amp too with similar results. Guess they’re just not his cup of tea. Either that or the initial reviewers on this thread are really smitten by certain qualities of the Verite that just don’t float his boat. Should be interesting once they start shipping and we get a broader sample of impressions.
I sure hope when I hear them they have soundstage. If not I'll be extremely upset

Dec 22, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #1,072 of 9,518

I sure hope when I hear them they have soundstage. If not I'll be extremely upset

Plenty of impressions have been posted on the interwebs while you guys wait for your headphones, just got this updated the other day!

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/news/

More reviews will be coming as well!

PS - thanks to @mysticstryk for the wonderful Verite review, I'll be getting that on our site shortly!!! :smile_phones:

Also concerning burn in - regardless of what's been posted - they do benefit from about 150 to 300 hrs of burn in. The mechanical parts of the driver are substantial, and everything will bloom and ease with use, this is true for all our headphones but especially the Verite.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 22, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #1,073 of 9,518
I'm not too concerned with what one reviewer says when the widespread consensus has so far indicated the opposite. The guy didn't like it. Maybe he doesn't like detail? He didn't really even talk about the sound, which is par for the course for his content. I'm more than comfortable betting on zmf's preferences over those of that reviewer.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #1,074 of 9,518
Again a lot of this hobby is based upon personal preferences,peripheral gear,ears,musical tastes,etc...

The Verite,once I put some hours in,and got a more neutral tube roll in place, is the best headphone Ive heard. The staging+fun factor+technical capabilities is an incredibly unique combo IMO.

YMMV.

Dec 22, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,075 of 9,518
Again a lot of this hobby is based upon personal preferences,peripheral gear,ears,musical tastes,etc...

The Verite,once I put some hours in,and got a more neutral tube roll in place, is the best headphone Ive heard. The staging+fun factor+technical capabilities is an incredibly unique combo IMO.

YMMV.

Cant agree more.

The guy simply has a different preference/taste for what he likes. There's really no reason to bash his reviews over it or start thinking the Verite is bad etc. He absolutely loves the Aeolus and thats great for him that he found something he loves. There's tons who love the Verite. There's even people who prefer the Atticus over the Aeolus.

Like it was mentioned, the headphones arent meant to be better or upgrades over each other. Theyre just mean to be different with the cost reflecting what it takes to make them. I personally liked a lot of the characteristics of the Utopia but hated how narrow it was and miss the stage of my HD800S. The common word seems to be that the verite blends a little of both with some warmth to the sound which sounds like the perfect mix for what I'm looking for (it took me awhile to get used to the brightness of the 800S when I upgraded from the HD650).

Don't force yourself to rush, take your time, work rested, and enjoy your Holidays with your family! We appreciate the hussle, but don't burn yourself out! The Eikon I ordered earlier this year was worth the wait.

Dec 23, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,076 of 9,518
12435334.jpg

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,077 of 9,518

YMMV.

YMMV.
Thing is I don't have tubes and don't plan on getting any. Hopefully the stage is good on SS

Dec 24, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #1,079 of 9,518
Please dont skip Xmas! Best time of year.

Unless you work for FedEx. Today was the first day in three weeks I was able to get a solid 7 hours of sleep.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back