ZMF Verite Open
Jan 24, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #7,381 of 9,535
Guys, I have found a use for all my ZMF pads that I'm not using. I have constructed Mount Doom and Eye of Sauron. What do you think?

uPSiY3Fh.jpg

Jan 24, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #7,382 of 9,535
Guys, I have found a use for all my ZMF pads that I'm not using. I have constructed Mount Doom and Eye of Sauron. What do you think?

uPSiY3Fh.jpg

I think you can go higher!

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #7,383 of 9,535
Now I want to try to construct the St. Louis Arch out of mine

Jan 24, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #7,384 of 9,535
I did some pad rolling recently and found the VO to take well with any pad I tried on it.

--Perf. Universe Lamb: VO is the most fun and I want to go through my entire music library with these pads. The way music is presented (stage) is not like anything else I've tried and the speedy drivers tie it all together nicely.
--Perf. Universe Suede: These pads have a similar effect on VO as Aeolus; more neutral and a bit more "ordinary". Bass presence takes a hit, but its not overdone. I would recommend this pad as the safest option.
--Verite pads: I unexpectedly like these pads the most, very monitor-like. VO is more focused, fast and the low-end is just right.

I think there is an extremely narrow peak somewhere in the low treble on VO with both universe pads that shows up very rarely on poor recordings (mainly poorly recorded metal).

Verite pads remove this peak and never stray out of neutral territory, but unlike Aeolus the Verite bass remains very authorative and deep. I originally bought the Verite pads for Aeolus but hated that combo..too lean.

It was quite a shock how good Verite pads are on the VO.
I ordered by silkwood VO with the stock Verite (perforated lambskin) pads installed. That sound was so appealing, and remains so appealing, that I wouldn't dream of swapping those pads.

Jan 25, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #7,389 of 9,535
I can't seem to find the recommended fix for a squeaky headband, the plastic spacers on side of my headphone squeaks when the gimbal moves. Maybe something that just wears out over time?

It worked well for me, but one week in the noise is back on one side. Time to reapply? Seems too soon. I had done a thorough job too.

But anyway, it's quite easy to do.

Jan 25, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #7,391 of 9,535
Ah dang, it's much harder to decide between the Aeolus (my trusty headphone for 3 years) or the Verite Open. Now that I have them next to each other and comparing!

Maybe someone who also had to decide could share their experience? It will serve as my one and only headphone, I'm not the type to hold onto multiple headphones.
Perhaps you should say "Up to Now, I have not been the type to hold onto multiple headphones."

I assume you have more than one pair of pants, more than one pair of shoes, more than one screwdriver. Choices are good.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #7,392 of 9,535
uwXbSLM.jpg

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #7,394 of 9,535
Impressions ZMF Vérité Open (Limited Edition, Erskine):

** Using Stock cable, so incomplete, 1 month of listening, worth noting that I also listen to a limited genre of music, so there's always more to explore **

The Vérité Open (Erskine) arrived to me at the same time as the Aeolus (Vaskas). In my impressions, you will notice me cross-referencing headphones because I've been listening to them almost exclusively while comparing with other headphones.

As I come to spend more time with my ZMF headphones, the Verite Open, Eikon, and Aeolus, I'm noticing that I can enjoy them without much thought. Moreover, I'm coming to appreciate the headphones as time goes by. ZMF headphones have a house sound that comes in different shapes and forms.

The sound profile for each headphone provides an enjoyable way to listen to music. Because I feel like the beauty and aesthetics speak for themselves, I will speak more to my impressions of the sound.

Similar to the Sennheiser HD800s and HiFiMan HE6SE, the Vérité Open's accuracy, resolution, and imaging gives a nuanced, complex, and detailed version of music. It also has very good instrument separation and layering. The difference between the Vérité Open and HD800s and HE6SE is that the Vérité Open comes with forcefulness and more impact.

I've noticed that with all of my ZMF headphones, there is an element of engagement that provides a unique Hi-Fi enjoyment experience. They all have unique sound profiles that give a large, intimate sound that may give a new unique experience of a song.

It's a very cozy feel; not your typical incisive presentation, as within the HiFiMan HE6SE, or Sennheiser HD800s, but rather has a character of its own in its expressiveness.

The soundstage of the Vérité Open is very wide and big, so the feeling is more like a live setting. The notes presented are very wide, extended, and beautiful.

The sense of engagement is different, in that music is enjoyed via a more complex representation and clarity. This dynamism in combination with the expressive character of notes gives life to the music.

For me, the Verite's signature is for when I want to hear all the details for a complex track. I can also do this with the HE6SE and HD800s, but it doesn't feel as engaging as with the Vérité Open.

The Vérité Open has a great extension, and in combination with the fullness of the notes, the music can sometimes seem to take on a character of its own in the vast soundstage.

My impressions are loosely held. With the Vérité Open, I draw experience from a birds-eye view of the music, rather than the close-up, more intimate feel of the Eikon or the Aeolus.

The house signature of ZMF Headphones helps to give more bounce to the Vérité Open. You can get "into it" with ZMF Headphones; it's a very revealing, engaging experience that goes deep into the notes and gives character to the music.

Something I noticed with ZMF Headphones was that the sound may not be as incisive or orthodox, but that is because notes are given more freedom in form and are more bold, expressive, with imaging that sounds highly immersive, yet detailed speakers. This isn't a bad thing; it adds a dimension of fun that is more prominent than with other headphones.

Where strength of LCD-4 is a more detailed, accurate rendering, the Vérité Open juxtaposes and enhances the notes for an out-of-the-headphone experience -- there is a 3D-like rendering.

A final thought I can give about ZMF Headphones is that, in general, while the detailed resolution is apparent, they are there to be enjoyed in a fun way, not to be exacting. Detail analysis becomes an afterthought when I put on a pair of ZMF Headphones.

Source: Audio-GD HE-7 MK I, Yulong D18

Cables: Blue Jeans Coaxial Cables

USB: Singxer SU-6

Amplifier: Yulong A18, Feliks Audio Euforia, ampsandsound Kenzie OG Rev 2, ampsandsound Agartha

IMG_9198.JPG

IMG_9187.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG
IMG_9193.JPG
IMG_9194.JPG
IMG_9195.JPG
IMG_9196.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9189.JPG
    IMG_9189.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #7,395 of 9,535
Impressions Vérité Open (Limited, Erskine):

The Vérité Open (Erskine) arrived to me at the same time as the Aeolus (Vaskas). In my impressions, you will notice me cross-referencing headphones because I've been listening to them almost exclusively while comparing with other headphones.

As I come to spend more time with my ZMF headphones, the Verite Open, Eikon, and Aeolus, I'm noticing that I can enjoy them without much thought. Moreover, I'm coming to appreciate the headphones as time goes by. ZMF headphones have a house sound that comes in different shapes and forms.

The sound profile for each headphone provides an enjoyable way to listen to music. Because I feel like the beauty and aesthetics speak for themselves, I will speak more to my impressions of the sound.

Similar to the Sennheiser HD800s and HiFiMan HE6SE, the Vérité Open's accuracy, resolution, and imaging gives a nuanced, complex, and detailed version of music. It also has very good instrument separation and layering. The difference between the Vérité Open and HD800s and HE6SE is that the Vérité Open comes with forcefulness and more impact.

I've noticed that with all of my ZMF headphones, there is an element of engagement that provides a unique Hi-Fi enjoyment experience. They all have unique sound profiles that give a large, intimate sound that may give a new unique experience of a song.

It's a very cozy feel; not your typical incisive presentation, as within the HiFiMan HE6SE, or Sennheiser HD800s, but rather has a character of its own in its expressiveness.

The soundstage of the Vérité Open is very wide and big, so the feeling is more like a live setting. The notes presented are very wide, extended, and beautiful.

The sense of engagement is different, in that music is enjoyed via a more complex representation and clarity. This dynamism in combination with the expressive character of notes gives life to the music.

For me, the Verite's signature is for when I want to hear all the details for a complex track. I can also do this with the HE6SE and HD800s, but it doesn't feel as engaging as with the Vérité Open.

The Vérité Open has a great extension, and in combination with the fullness of the notes, the music can sometimes seem to take on a character of its own in the vast soundstage.

My impressions are loosely held. With the Vérité Open, I draw experience from a birds-eye view of the music, rather than the close-up, more intimate feel of the Eikon or the Aeolus.

The house signature of ZMF Headphones helps to give more bounce to the Vérité Open. You can get "into it" with ZMF Headphones; it's a very revealing, engaging experience that goes deep into the notes and gives character to the music.

Something I noticed with ZMF Headphones was that the sound may not be as incisive or orthodox, but that is because notes are given more freedom in form and are more bold, expressive, with imaging that sounds highly immersive, yet detailed speakers. This isn't a bad thing; it adds a dimension of fun that is more prominent than with other headphones.

Where strength of LCD-4 is a more detailed, accurate rendering, the Vérité Open juxtaposes and enhances the notes for an out-of-the-headphone experience -- there is a 3D-like rendering.

A final thought I can give about ZMF Headphones is that, in general, while the detailed resolution is apparent, they are there to be enjoyed in a fun way, not to be exacting. Detail analysis becomes an afterthought when I put on a pair of ZMF Headphones.

The Vérité Open has great extension, and in combination with the fullness of the notes, the music can sometimes seem to take on a character of its own in the vast soundstage.

The house signature of ZMF Headphones really helps to give more bounce to the Vérité Open. You can really get "into it" with ZMF Headphones; it's a very revealing, engaging experience that goes deep into the notes and gives character to the music.

Something I noticed with ZMF Headphones was that the sound may not be as incisive or orthodox, but that is because notes are given more freedom in form and are more bold, expressive, with an imaging that sounds like highly immersive, yet detailed speakers. This isn't a bad thing; it adds a dimension of fun that is more prominent than with other headphones.

Where a strength of LCD-4 is a more detailed, accurate rendering, the Vérité Open juxtaposes and enhances the notes for an out-of-the-headphone experience -- there is a 3D-like rendering.

Source: Audio-GD HE-7 MK I, Yulong D18

Cables: Blue Jeans Coaxial Cables

USB: Singxer SU-6

Amplifier: Yulong A18, Feliks Audio Euforia, ampsandsound Kenzie OG Rev 2, ampsandsound Agartha

IMG_9198.JPG
IMG_9187.JPG
IMG_9192.JPGIMG_9193.JPGIMG_9194.JPGIMG_9195.JPGIMG_9196.JPG
Nice write up, and great pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back