ZMF Verite Open
Jan 14, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #7,336 of 9,535
None of these will go away with burn in. The dip in midrange is a polarizing trait and one that you may never get used to. It's the main reason why I personally find this very difficult to recommend without trying as it is a type of sound that is highly subjected to personal preference. Personally I find this coloration makes it a very relaxing and strangely seductive headphone to listen.
Thanks, good to know. I'm going to try some different pads, per the review from @heliosphann and a phone call I had with Zach M. yesterday. There are enough really good qualities in the VO that make me want to give it a try.

You know, now that I think of it, these headphones remind me of a really high maintenance girlfriend I had in college. A lot of work on my end to make things work out.

Also, I'm researching how a bit of EQ here and there could be helpful. I have an RME ADI-2 DAC and if I can find some recommendations on what frequencies to touch-up, I'll be very interested.

Jan 16, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #7,337 of 9,535
Question:

What do the VO sound like when brand new and not burned-in?

I bought mine from another owner and I'm unsure if they're burned in. I'm noting a lot of low-end, scooped midrange, and OK-ish even sounding high end frequencies. This changes with different pads, obviously. But curious if this is an indicator of burn-in time being required for my VO?
imo you treat it like new and go through the 100+ burn in process just to make sure

Jan 17, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #7,338 of 9,535
Ordered the new strap on Thursday and it already arrived in Belgium ^^. Did have to pay 29 euro worth of import duties but the added comfort now is amazing.

Attachments

• 20220117_132334.jpg
    20220117_132334.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #7,339 of 9,535
Ordered the new strap on Thursday and it already arrived in Belgium ^^. Did have to pay 29 euro worth of import duties but the added comfort now is amazing.
Also received it today. In combination with the suede strap my verite is now „hovering“ above my head :beyersmile:
Highly recommended especially for a big head.

Jan 17, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #7,340 of 9,535
I'm thrilled. I found some response curve data along with a target to try out. Green is the Oratory1990/Harmon target and dotted is the VO. I posted in the RME ADI-2 DAC thread and someone was kind enough to provide some EQ settings to try out for the VO. I've dialed them in and this is sounding amazing right now, as I type. Using Universe perf suede pads right now and listening through my Bottlehead Crack Speedball. Very happy with this particular EQ setting...Hope others find this helpful.

el6Lazhh.png

https://headphonedatabase.com/oratory/headphones?ids=274

Filter 1: ON PK Fc 21 Hz Gain 3.6 dB Q 2.05
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1624 Hz Gain 2.3 dB Q 4.76
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 3806 Hz Gain 6.8 dB Q 2.74
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 8651 Hz Gain 4.0 dB Q 3.35
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 10597 Hz Gain 4.6 dB Q 3.42
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 224 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 0.55
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 855 Hz Gain -2.8 dB Q 2.27

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...acle/ears-711_harman_over-ear_2018/ZMF Verite

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #7,341 of 9,535
The new headband assembly looks super comfy, and the old one wasn't uncomfortable at all. Hope I manage to try it out at some point.

Jan 17, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #7,343 of 9,535
Guys, after many years of planning, waiting and preparing, we will be closing on a house! For years during apartment living, I have built a great headphone based system. Over the last year I have started preparing for the new home and invested heavily in a 2 channel system. I have decided that I am going to leave the headphone hobby and concentrate on my 2 channel and turntable system which I am having a dedicated room built in the basement for.

I will be selling off all of my headphones and my headphone amp in the next coming weeks. I will give members of this page first priority for my beautiful set of Verite Camphor Burl. I will let you guys know here when they have been listed.

Thanks for the great advise and friendships.

Matt

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #7,344 of 9,535
Guys, after many years of planning, waiting and preparing, we will be closing on a house! For years during apartment living, I have built a great headphone based system. Over the last year I have started preparing for the new home and invested heavily in a 2 channel system. I have decided that I am going to leave the headphone hobby and concentrate on my 2 channel and turntable system which I am having a dedicated room built in the basement for.

I will be selling off all of my headphones and my headphone amp in the next coming weeks. I will give members of this page first priority for my beautiful set of Verite Camphor Burl. I will let you guys know here when they have been listed.

Matt
Congrats on the move! And best of luck on the "sonic reorganizing".

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #7,345 of 9,535

Matt
Congrats, mate!

Jan 18, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #7,346 of 9,535

Matt
Hello again, maybe consider keeping one headphone only ? As part of remembrance. Who knows you may want to use the VO for some time ?

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #7,347 of 9,535
Hey guys just a quick update - yesterday I swapped out my VO's suede strap & legacy headband to a leather strap & the new crescent headband, and while the VO was already comfortable for me, I'd say the new crescent headband is a win. It comes pre-bent just right, reduces clamp force a bit and hugs my head just right. It's not a huge deal as the VO was already comfy, but it is a slight improvement, just wanted to throw it out there.

Jan 19, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #7,348 of 9,535
Has anybody heard the VO with the Benchmark HPA4? Somebody has highly recommended this amp to me and I'm curious.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #7,350 of 9,535
Has anybody heard the VO with the Benchmark HPA4? Somebody has highly recommended this amp to me and I'm curious.
I'm looking @ Violectric V590/V550.... Seems it has good power for 300ohm and planar....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back