ZMF Verite Open
Sep 4, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #5,086 of 9,534
Just got my Camphor VO today ordered in May. When I hit QC I was there for one week. Now I'm considering the VC in stabilized when that happens.
3a5867b07c9942e58ec41fca8d8dd245abcd32cfVO.jpeg
eef843c6e8ac3137215b206a491a12bccf0a9e0dVOside.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #5,087 of 9,534
Just got my Camphor VO today ordered in May. When I hit QC I was there for one week. Now I'm considering the VC in stabilized when that happens.
Interesting, guess it varies. Mine was QC on Aug 20th I believe (also ordered in May). Excited about next week!

Also, wow, you got an awesome pair!

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #5,088 of 9,534
I placed my order In early July, don’t know how far I am but hopefully they are ready sooner than later, before school starts to get hectic.

Sep 5, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #5,089 of 9,534
3a5867b07c9942e58ec41fca8d8dd245abcd32cfVO.jpegeef843c6e8ac3137215b206a491a12bccf0a9e0dVOside.jpeg

Wow your grains are much darker than my camphor burl. Did you ask for a darker stain?

Sep 5, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #5,090 of 9,534
I have to admit, I have been a bit unfaithful to my Verite headphones in past couple of months, using mostly speakers.

Listening to this tonight and it's pure bliss :)

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #5,091 of 9,534
Wow your grains are much darker than my camphor burl. Did you ask for a darker stain?
No I didn’t even think to ask I was just lucky. The rose gold hardware is amazing when it shines in different lighting.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #5,092 of 9,534
I gotta be honest and say I’m enjoying my new VO better then Abyss 1266 TC. The Verite is a more fun headphone. I’ll put 1266 on and immediately switch to VO. The 1266 is better but there’s more punch on VO. The 1266 is just saying this sounds amazing. VO is something else entirely.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #5,093 of 9,534
I’ve noticed the differences in wood/finish figuring amongst Verite and other ZMFs.

Some come off as AAA grade with unusual figuring and some that are less than so (but still beautiful).

I purchased a used Pheasantwood and the finish is quite odd.

Looks like a matte laquer that’s slowly peeling off which is a shame because I think the wood would’ve looked nicer with a shinier finish.

Was there a transition to different finishes at some point?
Do you have to Specifically order a more exhibition type figure?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #5,094 of 9,534
I’ve noticed the differences in wood/finish figuring amongst Verite and other ZMFs.

Some come off as AAA grade with unusual figuring and some that are less than so (but still beautiful).

I purchased a used Pheasantwood and the finish is quite odd.

Looks like a matte laquer that’s slowly peeling off which is a shame because I think the wood would’ve looked nicer with a shinier finish.

Was there a transition to different finishes at some point?
Do you have to Specifically order a more exhibition type figure?

When building headphones we take account the variance of the wood look and make the headphone look the best it can with the owner chosen grille and rod color.

We do use numerous finishes, and make careful choices based on what wood is used. When you get a headphone from us new, it comes with a card that tells you what exact finish is on your headphone, and has links and info on how to care for your headphone.

One thing that I'd advise against is "over-caring" for your headphone, which I would classify as wiping anything other than a dry cloth or our recommended Mohawk polish on the headphone. We can't police every owner nor do we want to, but many times headphones get sold on the used market and solvents, alcohol, etc etc are used on the headphone that causes the finish to peel. While I'd love to refinish every headphone that this happened to, we simply don't have time to do it and put out new products at this point, although we will happily help with advice and any product or tools to help keep new or used headphones in good shape.

Heres the ZMF guide, which is recommended reading for any ZMF owner.

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-guide

Regarding custom choices for wood or us replicating an upcoming owners desired aesthetic, we realize there is great variance among wood, even amongst the same species. While I hand pick as many board as I can - they always will have variance. In the future {in the next few months} we will be transitioning from our current website presentation to having a more separate ordering process between "stock" model wood headphones and semi custom and limited edition headphones. This will give prospective ZMF buyers more of a chance to buy just for the sound, or pay extra for more attention given to their wood and aesthetic choices, and also give us more chance to make one off headphones that we want to make special.

This isn't to say the stock wood won't be beautiful as it always is, but that it will allow us to get owners headphones quickly, while giving those who value a personal touch on the look of their headphone the platform and communication they're looking for.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 6, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #5,095 of 9,534
Thanks for the quick and detailed response. Perhaps these were taken care of with some other type of solvent and thus the peeling.

Eitherway it’s an amazing sounding and looking headphone and they’re keepers.

Can’t wait to see what woods you have in store so I can eventually order a fresh closed version.

Sep 9, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #5,097 of 9,534
Question about Feliks Euforia w/ Verite - the pairing seems to be getting consistently good marks -- Does the single-ended design leave anything to be desired that a comparably priced balanced amp would bring to the listening table?

Sep 9, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #5,098 of 9,534
No but you want the right power tube. I go back and forth between the Euphoria and WA33 and nothing is missing, but tubes you want to get are TUNG Sol 5998 or Bendix 6080wb. The 5998 is warm with good deep bass and Bendix is really good. I’ve tested cheaper tubes and a piece of low end grunt is missing. Currently using Bendix with the gold PSvane drivers.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #5,099 of 9,534
So after selling off most of my gear, I am slowly building it again. Right now, i am trying to sort my portability gear, so the Hiby R8 will be coming next week. I am thinking of either getting Diana V2 or ZMF VC. Do you think the R8 can drive the VC to enjoyment levels? I will be getting an OTL later in the year, but for now I would love to move around the house with the headphones hence the DAP first.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #5,100 of 9,534
So after selling off most of my gear, I am slowly building it again. Right now, i am trying to sort my portability gear, so the Hiby R8 will be coming next week. I am thinking of either getting Diana V2 or ZMF VC. Do you think the R8 can drive the VC to enjoyment levels? I will be getting an OTL later in the year, but for now I would love to move around the house with the headphones hence the DAP first.
What amp are you thinking about? Just read that Feliks Audio is coming with a new, fully balanced flagship headphone amp ("high power tube") early next year. Might be worth a look if you can wait a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back