ZMF Verite Open
Sep 5, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #2,836 of 9,521
All this hype on the VC is making me question if I should get one even though I’m still waiting to receive my VO...
It sounds like I’ll they’re good compliments... but if you had to pick just one is there a clear/easy choice? Any opinions appreciated.

But I do prefer the look of the open by far.

P.s. I listen almost exclusively to Electronic/Metal/Indie (in that order), and I listen at home in a quiet environment.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #2,838 of 9,521
With the variety of pads available,and for those with tubes,the two Verites can sound quite complimentary.
With the VO, the universe perf leather pads gives it a warm,romantic,holographic sound,which can be further adjusted with various tube rolls. In this combo the mids sound pushed back from the other parts of the sound.

With the VC im using the Auteur leather non-perf pads and its a snappy tight sound with mids more forward than the VO,and fantastic sub bass. On both the midbass slam is great and impactful when called for. The VC sounds like it has more body weight to it.

I have tried the various pads for each,and these combos are what I feel sound the best for me. The fact that theyre not redundant sounding is a massive bonus to my listening experience. To my wallet,not so much.

Sep 5, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #2,839 of 9,521
Personally with headphones I'm a fan of the open variety, but I haven't yet heard the VC. Many are calling them the most "open" closed back headphones they've heard...seems like a must hear before you make up your mind Keep us posted!!
Agreed, I’ve always liked open over closed in the past. I’m pretty confident I’ll absolutely love the VO, but still curious about the VC cause it’s the newest :)

Sep 5, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #2,840 of 9,521
Agreed, I’ve always liked open over closed in the past. I’m pretty confident I’ll absolutely love the VO, but still curious about the VC cause it’s the newest a really fantastic sounding headphone:)
There,fixed it for you.

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #2,842 of 9,521
Agreed, I’ve always liked open over closed in the past. I’m pretty confident I’ll absolutely love the VO, but still curious about the VC cause it’s the newest :)
I'm in the same boat...I've demoed the VO and I love what I heard (I'm trying to get my ears on a longer demo) I'm almost scared to hear the VC....

Sep 6, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #2,845 of 9,521
Personally with headphones I'm a fan of the open variety, but I haven't yet heard the VC. Many are calling them the most "open" closed back headphones they've heard...seems like a must hear before you make up your mind Keep us posted!!

They really are like a whole new headphone, voiced a bit higher in the mids than the VO, with impact that will pu you into the concussion protocol!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #2,846 of 9,521
They really are like a whole new headphone, voiced a bit higher in the mids than the VO, with impact that will pu you into the contusion protocol!
Sigh. Time to sell my 2nd kidney :scream:

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #2,847 of 9,521
Sigh. Time to sell my 2nd kidney :scream:

You've done well mate having joined HeadFi since Jan 2015 and still keeping your 2nd kidney till date... hold on to that kidney longer (resistance is futile)

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #2,848 of 9,521
All this hype on the VC is making me question if I should get one even though I’m still waiting to receive my VO...
It sounds like I’ll they’re good compliments... but if you had to pick just one is there a clear/easy choice? Any opinions appreciated.

But I do prefer the look of the open by far.

P.s. I listen almost exclusively to Electronic/Metal/Indie (in that order), and I listen at home in a quiet environment.

I have not heard the closed one, but I advise you to wait and listen to the open for a while then decide.

The VO is not as open as other open headphones, they do block quite a bit of the ambient noise and they don't leak as much also.

Sep 6, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #2,849 of 9,521
Yea I owned the Auteurs and they were much more noise isolating (both ways) than say the Ether 2 or Focal stuff. I'm less concerned about isolation though, more so just curious about overall sound signature/characteristic differences.

The biggest problem right now is only being 4 weeks into a 4-7 week wait for my VO :D

9l35w.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #2,850 of 9,521
Yea I owned the Auteurs and they were much more noise isolating (both ways) than say the Ether 2 or Focal stuff. I'm less concerned about isolation though, more so just curious about overall sound signature/characteristic differences.

The biggest problem right now is only being 4 weeks into a 4-7 week wait for my VO :D

I am in week 8...

9l35w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back