ZMF Verite Open
Aug 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,686 of 9,521
The amount of options that one gets on an amp from Glenn will make the prices vary greatly on the OTL amp.
You can get the basic for $750 or you can start adding stuff and get well above twice that price.....so that is probably the differences in the varying prices you have seen.

Not to mention that many times tubes are included in the sale,which can dramatically increase an asking price.

All very good points! I think that adds to my point of how hard it is to find the GOTL you want on the used market!

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #2,687 of 9,521
All very good points! I think that adds to my point of how hard it is to find the GOTL you want on the used market!
For me in all honesty I would probably skip the tube thing, unless it’s a hybrid. Tube rolling gets costly quick and you generally need more desktop space too. I would probably stick to an LP, Mjolnir 2, or iCan Pro.

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,688 of 9,521
For me in all honesty I would probably skip the tube thing, unless it’s a hybrid. Tube rolling gets costly quick and you generally need more desktop space too. I would probably stick to an LP, Mjolnir 2, or iCan Pro.

I think this is bad advice. I think, as it is repeatedly stated in this thread, that Verite can scale with higher quality amps. I have an EC Af and yes, 2A3 tubes are $$, but I don’t tube roll. Not everyone has tube nervosa.

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #2,689 of 9,521
I received my Ziricote Verites today. I’ll try to get some pics posted later as they are gorgeous.

I love the sound right out of the box but can tell that burn in will do wonders. I usually burn in via listening but based on a 300 hour burn in, will probably need to set up some pink noise for the next several days.

One thing that has been said many times but can’t be stated enough is just how great of a company ZMF is. The attention to detail, customer service and just general vibe that they are in this hobby with us is amazing. There are very few companies I know of where their passion for what they do oozes from every single interaction you have with them. ZMF is one of those companies.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #2,691 of 9,521
I think this is bad advice. I think, as it is repeatedly stated in this thread, that Verite can scale with higher quality amps. I have an EC Af and yes, 2A3 tubes are $$, but I don’t tube roll. Not everyone has tube nervosa.
Wasn’t giving advice. Was just saying what I am likely to do. I would probably prefer to get a really good solid state amp, then possible then get a good tube amp. For me an OTL is a no go because of my planars. The Glen non OTL model sounds good, but I have to see how long and how much. Perhaps even a Woo WA22?

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #2,692 of 9,521
tenor.gif

They shipped my Verite :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #2,694 of 9,521
I got the message too. It's arriving by FedEx International Priority next Tues. :)

You’re going to love how resolving the Verite is UT. Especially with the GOTL.

Give it at least 150 hours of burn in before you make a decision. It goes from a little unrefined to liquid smoothness.

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #2,695 of 9,521
You’re going to love how resolving the Verite is UT. Especially with the GOTL.

Give it at least 150 hours of burn in before you make a decision. It goes from a little unrefined to liquid smoothness.

I’ll burn it in with the Sansui then listen to it with the GOTL. :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #2,696 of 9,521
Give it at least 150 hours of burn in before you make a decision.
100% agree! For anyone who is a burn-in skeptic (like I used to be) - try ZMF headphones out-of-the-box and 100+ hours later... My Atticus made me a believer of burn-in :)

Aug 17, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #2,697 of 9,521

I used to feel the same way, @mixman. Had the iCan Pro for 2 years, enjoyed it, but after a few months now with Feliks-Audio Elise doubt I'll ever go back to solid state. The technicalities on the Elise likely don't match those of the iCan Pro, but there is magic paired with my ZMF Auteur, euphony and musicality that I never perceived to this level with solid state. I find I listen more to the music, not the amp. I've not tube rolled yet, and the Elise is actually less costly than the iCAN Pro. Anyway, just my 2 cents, and of course YMMV.

Aug 17, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #2,700 of 9,521
I was captivated by these last night. It will take me a while to gather my impressions but there were many jaw on the floor moments.

Welcome to the club! Which pads do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back