ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 25, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #11,731 of 12,586
Congrats, the Blackwood VC is something special, isn't it?
Quickly dropping in to say “yes, my goodness, it is!”

I have yet to hear a dynamic headphone that sounds “faster” with snappier leading transients!

I’ve owned a few Focals, so while I’ve not heard that much gear, I have some experience with dynamic cans that have speed/slam as a highlight.

Seriously- the Blackwood VC is the closest to planar speed I’ve heard while keeping all the ZMF organic/analog-sounding goodness I love… and I can’t use a Caldera with my Woo amp, so I got what I wanted! 😁

Apr 25, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #11,732 of 12,586
I’m actually considering a Burrow Vesper for a listening lounge chair (with ottoman) as I don’t want to sell any headphones (or a kidney) for an Eames

http://burrow.com/living-room/seating/accent-chairs/vesper-wood-and-leather-lounge-chair
That looks super cool! I need more neck/upper back support in my case, so when I tried the Wing in the store vs other Stressless chairs, my back said “that one!”
😂 That said, the Vesper looks very stylish and comfortable as well. Exciting!

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #11,733 of 12,586
LOL, thanks Shawn!

The chair is actually an Ekornes Stressless “Wing” recliner- from my native Norway. Gotta support my other homeland! 🇳🇴 🇺🇸 They aren’t cheap, but oh so worth it.

(I’m a dual US/Norwegian citizen who grew up there and moved over here for college and work)
Believe it or not Egil, I own the exact black Stressless chair and foot stool. Now all I have to do is drug my wife and then somehow hijack it from our
family room. Then I can replace the creaky POS I'm stuck with now in my illustrious music chamber.

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #11,734 of 12,586
@billerb1 - with respect and appreciation for your taste in recliners, may I submit for your consideration a LaZyBoy recliner. Let your wife have the Stressless, and put one of these in your music room... :gs1000smile: Personal concert heaven!

Attachments

• IMG_5169.jpeg
    IMG_5169.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #11,735 of 12,586
Believe it or not Egil, I own the exact black Stressless chair and foot stool. Now all I have to do is drug my wife and then somehow hijack it from our
family room.
I believe you re: The chair, Bill. I DON’T believe you’d drug your spouse, though. Give her one too many martinis, perhaps, but drug her? No.

Apr 26, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #11,736 of 12,586
I believe you re: The chair, Bill. I DON’T believe you’d drug your spouse, though. Give her one too many martinis, perhaps, but drug her? No.
Good drugs. Not bad drugs. Are we clear now ?

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #11,739 of 12,586
Well if there was ever a time to dive in and buy a VC....https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/coll...ite-closed-selectstock?variant=43374200160419

$1999 for b-stock Blackwood is so tempting. My Blackwood VO is a b-stock and goregous and has only a minor hairline flaw which I don't see unless I pick them up and look for it. I'm really hoping for an eventual blackwood Caldera Closed since I don't need to have 2 VCs!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #11,740 of 12,586
With the AC Olive dropping today, I thought I'd pop into this thread to show some love for my first ZMF headphone. The AC Olive is calling my name, but I've vowed to keep my stable at three. With a Caldera and an Atrium, I had to make a decision--VC or AC. And after demoing them both at NYC Canjam, I find something magical about the holographic presentation of the VC that, at least for some of the music I enjoy like hip-hop, presents the music in a more engaging way than any other headphone I've heard. Also, almost two years and dozens, if not more, stabilized editions later, I wouldn't trade these for any other VC I've seen. So, for now, these babies are staying in the collection, but I'm drooling over the AC.

20230428-3Q9A3732-2.jpg

20230428-3Q9A3734.jpg

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #11,741 of 12,586
Well if there was ever a time to dive in and buy a VC....https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/coll...ite-closed-selectstock?variant=43374200160419

$1999 for b-stock Blackwood is so tempting. My Blackwood VO is a b-stock and goregous and has only a minor hairline flaw which I don't see unless I pick them up and look for it. I'm really hoping for an eventual blackwood Caldera Closed since I don't need to have 2 VCs!
Yeah, been considering the VC for a quite a while since a majority of music in my library would do well with the VC's faster attack and impact. I put in an order for a Desert Ironwood as I like the lovely reddish-bronze/brown grain. Looking forward to it joining the family soon.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #11,742 of 12,586

$1999 for b-stock Blackwood is so tempting. My Blackwood VO is a b-stock and gorgeous and has only a minor hairline flaw which I don't see unless I pick them up and look for it. I'm really hoping for an eventual blackwood Caldera Closed since I don't need to have 2 VCs!
Thanks for the heads up! I was thinking about a closed-back ZMF to compliment my Macassar Ebony Atrium Open and I wasn't finding any Verite Closed on the used market with a wood and price combination I liked so I'll check out those B-stock models. I'm glad to know that the flaw wasn't very noticeable.

Apr 28, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #11,743 of 12,586
Deleted

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #11,744 of 12,586
With the AC Olive dropping today, I thought I'd pop into this thread to show some love for my first ZMF headphone. The AC Olive is calling my name, but I've vowed to keep my stable at three. With a Caldera and an Atrium, I had to make a decision--VC or AC. And after demoing them both at NYC Canjam, I find something magical about the holographic presentation of the VC that, at least for some of the music I enjoy like hip-hop, presents the music in a more engaging way than any other headphone I've heard. Also, almost two years and dozens, if not more, stabilized editions later, I wouldn't trade these for any other VC I've seen. So, for now, these babies are staying in the collection, but I'm drooling over the AC.

20230428-3Q9A3732-2.jpg

20230428-3Q9A3734.jpg
That wood is really lovely. It's calming just to look at.

Apr 28, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #11,745 of 12,586

20230428-3Q9A3732-2.jpg

20230428-3Q9A3734.jpg

I ordered an AC (olive) this morning and I'm looking forward to checking it out. While I'm sure it will sound great, I'm doubtful that it will surpass the VC, my favorite headphone. The speed, resolution and soundstage on the VC are insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back