ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 21, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #11,717 of 12,586
Totally random, but just curious if anyone has heard anything about the next VC limited run? I know Zach and crew are super busy with the new cans coming out plus their usual stabilized runs, but I'm really interested in what/when the next limited VC wood might be! :)

Or if Zach and Bevin maybe want to drop a hint??? :dt880smile:
My guess would be a VC Select Stock sale dropping next week on Atrium Closed launch day. Similar to the current VO Select Stock sale.

Blackwoods
Ambered Camphor Burl
Leopard

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #11,718 of 12,586
Totally random, but just curious if anyone has heard anything about the next VC limited run? I know Zach and crew are super busy with the new cans coming out plus their usual stabilized runs, but I'm really interested in what/when the next limited VC wood might be! :)

My guess would be a VC Select Stock sale dropping next week on Atrium Closed launch day. Similar to the current VO Select Stock sale.

Blackwoods
Ambered Camphor Burl
Leopard
Yeah we have some select stock camphor burl, leopardwood, ironwood, and blackwood coming out this week. Price will be same as stock, 2499, pics coming soon.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 21, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #11,719 of 12,586
Yeah we have some select stock camphor burl, leopardwood, ironwood, and blackwood coming out this week. Price will be same as stock, 2499, pics coming soon.
WAAAHOOO. The Camphor Burl set in the IG post looked incredible

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #11,720 of 12,586

Got an email from ZMF yesterday. VC limited run is on now. Several options. Ambered Camphor Burl looks fantastic.

Apr 24, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #11,721 of 12,586
I’m curious to know if anyone has experimented with the different Caldera pads on their VCs?
Although ZMF usually recommend not using perforated pads on closedback, these are specified as might working (probably due to only being semi perforated).
They come in different thickness, which should affect sound quite a bit. The thick once look really comfy though I fear whether they will be too dark in sound signature (from what I’ve gathered from other reviews on other ZMFs)

Apr 24, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #11,722 of 12,586
I’m curious to know if anyone has experimented with the different Caldera pads on their VCs?
Although ZMF usually recommend not using perforated pads on closedback, these are specified as might working (probably due to only being semi perforated).
They come in different thickness, which should affect sound quite a bit. The thick once look really comfy though I fear whether they will be too dark in sound signature (from what I’ve gathered from other reviews on other ZMFs)
I tried the cowhide ones and it was a NO for me. It sounded hallow and thin. I don't think the default Caldera pads will work either, but have not tried them yet

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #11,723 of 12,586
This is my 1,000th post on Head-fi, and funnily enough it falls pretty close to two events for me:

1. A deliberate swap of Verité Closed headphones with @Hitorijanae (including a payment due to cost differences)- I now own a pair of gorgeous African Blackwood VCs, which have supplanted my stabilized pair. Some photos of the pair below with their Eikon “siblings” in Bocote. 😁
Selling my Auteurs plus the trade cash helps me fund a future purchase of an Atrium Closed pair in a few months to finalize my headphone collection.

2. I’m fortunate enough that I’ve reached an end game state with tubes for my Woo Audio WA2 amp. In addition, I’ve tweaked and upgraded within reason throughout my setup. I truly believe I’m set now until I spring for the Atrium Closed in early 2024, and I am sincerely hope that is the capstone for my setup, and that every available dollar goes to music going forward.

So with that I am going to attempt to wean myself off my Head-Fi addiction and presence here, with sincere thanks to everyone I’ve interacted with along the way.

Very special thanks to @jonathan c , @billerb1 , and @shwnwllms for such great guidance over the past months and years! Hopefully I can buy you a beverage at a CanJam someday.

And a “see you later” post would not be complete without some photos- enjoy! (The listening chair shot is a little outdated, showing cans I no longer have)

Enjoy the music and be well! 🎶❤️:o2smile:

IMG_2430.jpeg

IMG_2227.jpeg
IMG_2431.jpeg

IMG_2432.jpeg

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #11,724 of 12,586
Hotel California. You’lllll be back! Enjoy!

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #11,725 of 12,586
This is my 1,000th post on Head-fi, and funnily enough it falls pretty close to two events for me:

1. A deliberate swap of Verité Closed headphones with @Hitorijanae (including a payment due to cost differences)- I now own a pair of gorgeous African Blackwood VCs, which have supplanted my stabilized pair. Some photos of the pair below with their Eikon “siblings” in Bocote. 😁
Selling my Auteurs plus the trade cash helps me fund a future purchase of an Atrium Closed pair in a few months to finalize my headphone collection.

2. I’m fortunate enough that I’ve reached an end game state with tubes for my Woo Audio WA2 amp. In addition, I’ve tweaked and upgraded within reason throughout my setup. I truly believe I’m set now until I spring for the Atrium Closed in early 2024, and I am sincerely hope that is the capstone for my setup, and that every available dollar goes to music going forward.

So with that I am going to attempt to wean myself off my Head-Fi addiction and presence here, with sincere thanks to everyone I’ve interacted with along the way.

Very special thanks to @jonathan c , @billerb1 , and @shwnwllms for such great guidance over the past months and years! Hopefully I can buy you a beverage at a CanJam someday.

And a “see you later” post would not be complete without some photos- enjoy! (The listening chair shot is a little outdated, showing cans I no longer have)

IMG_2430.jpeg
IMG_2227.jpegIMG_2431.jpeg
IMG_2432.jpeg
Congrats, the Blackwood VC is something special, isn't it?

I was going to say "enjoy the music," but based on your photos, I think it goes without saying. :wink:

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #11,727 of 12,586

IMG_2430.jpeg
IMG_2432.jpeg
The Duck rules !!!

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #11,728 of 12,586

IMG_2430.jpeg
IMG_2432.jpeg
Congrats on your 1000th post! 🎉

(Off topic but is that the Home Depot chair?)

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #11,729 of 12,586
Congrats on your 1000th post! 🎉

(Off topic but is that the Home Depot chair?)
LOL, thanks Shawn!

The chair is actually an Ekornes Stressless “Wing” recliner- from my native Norway. Gotta support my other homeland! 🇳🇴 🇺🇸 They aren’t cheap, but oh so worth it.

(I’m a dual US/Norwegian citizen who grew up there and moved over here for college and work)

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #11,730 of 12,586
LOL, thanks Shawn!

The chair is actually an Ekornes Stressless “Wing” recliner- from my native Norway. Gotta support my other homeland! 🇳🇴 🇺🇸 They aren’t cheap, but oh so worth it.

(I’m a dual US/Norwegian citizen who grew up there and moved over here for college and work)
Nice (I think Home Depot sells a knock off of it, I can’t remember where but I saw someone talking about it and couldn’t recall the name of the original)

I’ve got a few Danish pieces, counter stools by Hee Weeling, and a couple of Arne Jacobsen Egg Chairs (repops)

I’m actually considering a Burrow Vesper for a listening lounge chair (with ottoman) as I don’t want to sell any headphones (or a kidney) for an Eames

http://burrow.com/living-room/seating/accent-chairs/vesper-wood-and-leather-lounge-chair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back