ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 11, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #8,056 of 12,513
Welp I think that my Olive VC is lost forever. I ended up selling it 3 weeks ago to fund for the next Stabilized batch or if any good ones popped up. However after trying to contact USPS and Canada post for 2 weeks it looks like they are in Canadian Customs for seizure, and according to them they “Have no obligation to release the package” not sure as to why they are even there in the first place. The buyer started a claim with PayPal and I’m almost certain that whatever happens PayPal will side with the Buyer because they never arrived to the destination. My only hope is to claim the insurance through USPS but I’m not sure that It will go in my favor either, as it’s been held up out of their facilities. Best case scenario I get fined for whatever is caused them to be seized. Worst case I’ll be down $2500. 😭
Maybe try to tell the buyer to give it a bit longer. Maybe it will be released and still be delivered once it clears? Seems like a logical ending that could easily happen fingers crossed.

Oct 11, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #8,057 of 12,513
Welp I think that my Olive VC is lost forever. I ended up selling it 3 weeks ago to fund for the next Stabilized batch or if any good ones popped up. However after trying to contact USPS and Canada post for 2 weeks it looks like they are in Canadian Customs for seizure, and according to them they “Have no obligation to release the package” not sure as to why they are even there in the first place.
Canada is reportedly a nation of laws. Seems highly unlikely that the Govt can just take your stuff with no explicit stated cause and no recourse.

May not be easy, especially given that you are somewhere else, but keep seeking info, keep pushing, and if you get any instructions about an appeals process, follow that scrupulously.

Good luck.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #8,058 of 12,513
Canada is reportedly a nation of laws. Seems highly unlikely that the Govt can just take your stuff with no explicit stated cause and no recourse.

May not be easy, especially given that you are somewhere else, but keep seeking info, keep pushing, and if you get any instructions about an appeals process, follow that scrupulously.

Good luck.
The Buyer was the one who contacted the Canadian Customs, I tried everything on my end with USPS, I tried calling them, contacting on social media, I ended up just leaving an inquiry on their website and after almost 3-weeks of no response they finally email me letting me know “The article is being held in customs. You may wish to contact the addressee directly concerning this matter.” Even though the Buyer and I already knew this 2 weeks prior because Canada Post had acted swiftly to let us know that first, there was a Covid outbreak in the delivery center so it was closed for cleaning. The weird part is if you look at the Tracking it shows that it was out for delivery on the 27th, then brought into customs after a “missed delivery”. After this the Buyer contacted the CBSA and all they said about the status was that it was under a seizure order until Oct. 18 and “The CBSA is under no obligation to ever release the package”. The PayPal claim is set to be resolved by this Friday but we will find out what happens to the headphones next week. I’m thinking about contacting Canada Post now to try and get the headphones returned if they get released from customs so in the event that the PayPal case goes in the Buyers favor I’m not completely SOL, and if for some reason the claim goes in my favor I’ll just do a full refund and try again but within the US.

Attachments

• 71C12A83-C2DD-4353-A9A1-2D34A58399BD.png
    71C12A83-C2DD-4353-A9A1-2D34A58399BD.png
    481.7 KB · Views: 0
Oct 11, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #8,059 of 12,513
Maybe try to tell the buyer to give it a bit longer. Maybe it will be released and still be delivered once it clears? Seems like a logical ending that could easily happen fingers crossed.
I was hoping he’d wait until Oct. 18th, but to be fair we didn’t know any sort of information as to where the headphones were and I thought it was fair because we both assumed they were just lost, never to be found. The plan was I would claim insurance through USPS, and they would get their money back through PayPal, and we both get at least our money back, however that is no longer the case.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #8,060 of 12,513
The Buyer was the one who contacted the Canadian Customs, I tried everything on my end with USPS, I tried calling them, contacting on social media, I ended up just leaving an inquiry on their website and after almost 3-weeks of no response they finally email me letting me know “The article is being held in customs. You may wish to contact the addressee directly concerning this matter.” Even though the Buyer and I already knew this 2 weeks prior because Canada Post had acted swiftly to let us know that first, there was a Covid outbreak in the delivery center so it was closed for cleaning. The weird part is if you look at the Tracking it shows that it was out for delivery on the 27th, then brought into customs after a “missed delivery”. After this the Buyer contacted the CBSA and all they said about the status was that it was under a seizure order until Oct. 18 and “The CBSA is under no obligation to ever release the package”. The PayPal claim is set to be resolved by this Friday but we will find out what happens to the headphones next week. I’m thinking about contacting Canada Post now to try and get the headphones returned if they get released from customs so in the event that the PayPal case goes in the Buyers favor I’m not completely SOL, and if for some reason the claim goes in my favor I’ll just do a full refund and try again but within the US.
Ouch, that's awful. I hope it gets resolved so no one is out any money OR a beautiful pair of headphones.

Next time ship FedEx or UPS (and insured!). I had an issue recently with a watch that I sold to a buyer in Europe, and it got held up in customs and UPS stepped in to expedite clearance and get the package on its way. Good luck getting USPS to do anything helpful.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #8,061 of 12,513
I was hoping he’d wait until Oct. 18th, but to be fair we didn’t know any sort of information as to where the headphones were and I thought it was fair because we both assumed they were just lost, never to be found. The plan was I would claim insurance through USPS, and they would get their money back through PayPal, and we both get at least our money back, however that is no longer the case.
But say he does end up receiving the package, it would then reflect in the tracking info, thus rendering his refund claim invalid.

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #8,062 of 12,513
For my preferences, it's the cable I enjoy the most on the VC. It provides enhancements in the areas of image distinction, air, speed and slam. Other cables will have only one or two of those qualities, but the NH2 brings all of them.

I'd like to hear the VC with the 2K, which I remember brought the most slam on the VO out of the ZMF cable offerings. They have since revised the cable since I've last heard it too, so another incentive for me to hear it again. According to the site, it's their most natural sounding cable. It's very intriguing.
Sorry to hear that. A pricey object to have been seized and not released. Hopefully it’ll work out. In the meantime:

edit: I just realized I quoted the wrong post… :face_palm::beyersmile:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #8,063 of 12,513
After this the Buyer contacted the CBSA and all they said about the status was that it was under a seizure order until Oct. 18 and “The CBSA is under no obligation to ever release the package”.
The existence of a "seizure order" suggests that this is not random action by rogue agents of the government, they have an objection to the contents of the package, which is probably described in the seizure order, if you can get a copy of that.

Given that this is Customs, it would seem likely they feel the package contents were mis-described or under-valued, if any of the contents were potentially subject to some kind of an import or duty tax.

I've never sent anything to Canada, so anything more from me would be even more speculation.

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #8,068 of 12,513
Any pad suggestion for the VC if I want more vocal and midrange presence? but without treble fatigue
Auteur hybrids solids hands down. And if you want a bit more punch and dynamics, then get the Universe hybrid solids at the cost of soundstage and airiness.

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #8,069 of 12,513
Any pad suggestion for the VC if I want more vocal and midrange presence? but without treble fatigue
I have both Universe hybrid and Auteur hybrid, I would say these two fit my taste best for vocal and midrange, but I had a hard time decide which to sell thus keeping both...
I feel for Universe hybrid, the vocal is more forward but for some track a little fatigue, and for Auteur hybrid, some track I feel the vocal is not forward enough...
I also have a Aeolus with Universe suede pad, and for the tracks with a lot of treble or poor recording with too much sibilant, that's my go to

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #8,070 of 12,513
Make sure you let the cable burn at least that long as well! Wywires cable really improves after burn in all though it's pretty amazing stuff out the gate. I have a platinum
headphone cable. A diamond USB and a platinum power cable all connected to my DAC/amp. The thing has been beyond transformed compared to what I previously had.
Which was still some pretty serious stuff.

Any way, happy listening,

jgwtriode

After hearing some good feedback about WyWires Platinum, I placed my order for a 10ft cable in XLR configuration and have just received the cable yesterday. WyWires shipped out the cable late for almost 1 week and I had to follow up with Alex to learn that there was some production delay... then the cable was shipped with full price declared in Customs document (despite my very clear request for the seller to help "manage" the declared value), resulting in substantial import duty (USD120-ish duty)... Well, all these would be fine IF the cable sounds great with my VC/my setup.

When I connected the cable with my VC/my system... wow, what a massive letdown (at least out of the box)! The sound was nownere near what I can call "good", especially vocal which sounded terrible (dry and lacking dynamism). I wanna hear from you, when you bought yours, was it the same initially? I hope this will improve, else, it'd be my most regret audio purchase!

FYI, I'm familiar with "quality" after market cables and I own many good cables namely Dana Lazuli Reference for my Utopia (this breathed new life into my Utopia) / Moon's Silver Dragon / Lavri Grand / Cardas Clear / Meze's own Silver Plated Cable, and all good cables sounded "right" out of the box (and improved overtime). Unfortunately, with WyWires Platinum, I didn't observe that quality at all. Anyway, I will put 200-ish hours on it before making any final judgement.

Lastly, one very, very annoying thing is the cable is very microphonic. With that rigid Teflon (or whatever material they used), noise can pass through to the headphones, and with closed-back nature of the VC, the microphonic is amplified.

With the VC, my Lavri Grand sounds best, and way/way better than this WyWires Platinum, followed closely by the Silver Dragon (the SD lacks some sparkly and dynamism). Even ZMF' stock cable sounds better than this white Teflon cable.

Will update you how it sounds after the break-in but now, I have nothing but disappointment to say about this cable! Anyone who ever thinking to buy this cable for the VC, please take this into consideration!

PC.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back