ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 3, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #7,591 of 12,586
Has it ever been explained why that is? If these exist for the photos, why aren't they shipped out next week?
While I don't know, the best I could speculate is that the chasis itself is made. The drivers, however, may still need to be worked on. Maybe they still need to be made and the other things that come with that, such as tuning and quality testing/ control.

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #7,592 of 12,586
While I don't know, the best I could speculate is that the chasis itself is made. The drivers, however, may still need to be worked on. Maybe they still need to be made and the other things that come with that, such as tuning and quality testing/ control.
I suspect that might be the case...I had to email them about another issue just now and added that as question, as I am curious about the process. If I hear back I'll post a response.

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #7,593 of 12,586
It’s first order in, first order out. Although yours may be mostly built they are still behind other, regular orders that will ship out before. At least that is what I recall.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #7,594 of 12,586
I debated whether to try the Mare Nostrum lottery (my first choice) or start with what was otherwise my second choice, the Raava, since I knew there was going to be so much competition for the Mare Nostrum. I ended up trying for the Mare Nostrum anyway, and had it disappear from my cart at the last second. To my very pleasant surprise, I was able to move fast enough after that to get the Raava.
1630728179417.png

This was my fourth attempt at snagging a VC stabilized, and I finally lucked out this time. The lottery description really is apt--sure feels that way! Sorry to those who lost out this time--I know that feeling.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #7,595 of 12,586
I debated whether to try the Mare Nostrum lottery (my first choice) or start with what was otherwise my second choice, the Raava, since I knew there was going to be so much competition for the Mare Nostrum. I ended up trying for the Mare Nostrum anyway, and had it disappear from my cart at the last second. To my very pleasant surprise, I was able to move fast enough after that to get the Raava.

This was my fourth attempt at snagging a VC stabilized, and I finally lucked out this time. The lottery description really is apt--sure feels that way! Sorry to those who lost out this time--I know that feeling.
Congrats, that is a beautiful pair. I was at a restaurant on my phone and didn't think I would be fast enough for my first choice of Atoll. Figured the less flashy pairs would be easier to snag and even those went incredibly fast. Managed to order the Sahhji though without fat-fingering it.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #7,596 of 12,586
Has it ever been explained why that is? If these exist for the photos, why aren't they shipped out next week?

It’s first order in, first order out. Although yours may be mostly built they are still behind other, regular orders that will ship out before. At least that is what I recall.

We have been behind on orders for years despite adding employees and size as fast as we can. The pandemic did not help this. Fairest thing to do is to ship orders in the order they come in, and even though some are built, there's a lot of QC and processes they go through before they are boxed up and shipped out. We typically have around 100-200 headphones in some form of process at any given time from wood cutting, stabilizing, machining, sanding, finishing, assembly, tuning to QC. We will release some video's on this entire bit as soon as I get my act together!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 4, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #7,597 of 12,586
Wanted to take a quick second to pop in and say thank you in general for all of the interest in the stabilized sets. We love wood and making headphones here and our whole team really puts their heart into getting a collection ready, built, photographed, and on the website-- it's a bit of a triathlon, but it is something that excites us all. One thing that is a bummer is that we genuinely wish we could make the perfect set for each individual. Some of you have reached out with the disappointment of not getting the set you wanted, and we totally understand, we know that stinks to not be able to attain something that seemed within close reach! As a small shop at around 10 people, it just isn't possible within our operations to make larger batches. We don't want to sacrifice quality or heart and we try our best within our means to come up with how we (given our capacity) can put these out and make things fair. We try to always listen and take feedback and incorporate ideas as they seem doable given our size and what we are able to make happen. To folks who did not get one this time- we are really sorry and hope that as we keep going there will be more of our small batch handcrafted stabilized sets that come your way. As Zach mentioned, we will be making more for November along with all of the other exciting woods we put out around that time.

Believe me your hard work and attention to detail is greatly appreciated. I wish everyone understood what you're trying to explain, but it's not a realistic thought I guess. Thanks for all you do!!
(Edit: Both of you obviously, I should have double quoted or something)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #7,598 of 12,586
1630728179417.png

That's awesome - it was second on my list. Glad you were able to get it!

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #7,599 of 12,586
Congrats to everybody that was able to snag one of the stabilized sets.

Also congrats to ZMF for selling these out in just a matter of minutes or seconds yet again.
You guys really have it going on and it is such a pleasure to witness and deal with people like the ZMF gang.
Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do.

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #7,600 of 12,586
I was in dilemma as I owned a leopardwood VC, but I joined in the fun as well, had a few minutes of adrenaline rush, and withess how hot it was on demand. It was quite an experience which also left me in awe.

I didnt manage to secure any set but I guess it is also good to let more people to experience how good these VC are - unless all who bought have actually already own another pair of VC..

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #7,601 of 12,586
I was in dilemma as I owned a leopardwood VC, but I joined in the fun as well, had a few minutes of adrenaline rush, and withess how hot it was on demand. It was quite an experience which also left me in awe.

I didnt manage to secure any set but I guess it is also good to let more people to experience how good these VC are - unless all who bought have actually already own another pair of VC..
I feel ya there. I was able to snag up the Waxing Crecent. A few months ago I was considering finding an upgrade from my Focal Clear. After some digging I eventually stumbled across ZMF and read about their quality and tuning and timbre among everything else you all know by now and I knew I needed to try one. I bit the bullet in mid-July and went all out on a Vérité Open (Sapele/Copper) that's still being worked on. I got too excited and snagged up a used one a couple weeks ago (Camphor burl, brass) to use in the meantime and my God... Best headphone I've ever heard and seen. That first listening session ended up being like 5 hours long which I don't normally do and they were comfy on my head the entire time. I'm having so much fun rediscovering my music. Then told myself I need a closed counterpart but would wait for a stabilized drop so here we are 🤗

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #7,602 of 12,586
In memory of:
I got my Verite Closed on Monday, and the first few days it was difficult, I wasn't even sure I would keep it.
After changing Pads from Auteur to Hybrid, i liked the sound much more.
Yesterday I switched to the Hybrid Universe, and since today I am dependent on my VC - can't imagine a life without those Cans! :D
I don't know whether the headphones are burned in, but it definitely took my brain a week to adjust to the VC.
Best Headphones i ever listen to!

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #7,603 of 12,586
In memory of:
I got my Verite Closed on Monday, and the first few days it was difficult, I wasn't even sure I would keep it.
After changing Pads from Auteur to Hybrid, i liked the sound much more.
Yesterday I switched to the Hybrid Universe, and since today I am dependent on my VC - can't imagine a life without those Cans! :D
I don't know whether the headphones are burned in, but it definitely took my brain a week to adjust to the VC.
Best Headphones i ever listen to!

Same here, pad swapping made all the difference. I'm in the minority probably, but I really like the BE2 hybrids a lot with the Auteur lambskins being 2nd choice

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #7,605 of 12,586
I spent all day considering if I should attempt getting one. 6pm CST is 1am here, and I was like "ahh, I usually go to bed at 10pm anyway."
I need to buy a new set of tires and wheels for my car, which isn't cheap. They have summer tires, and so I have to get all-weather.
My budget was for either the tires, or the headphones. I chose the tires.
Of course, if I DID get the VC, then I could drive around in the winter with my summer tires, listening to "Slip Sliding Away"! That would be a fairly visceral experience, I'm sure. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back