ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 5, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #7,621 of 12,462
Joining the club...snagged this motley pair yesterday!

LTD_VeriteClosedShopify_STBLZ_728_dbb77121-78ea-43d3-aedb-6a01a1baee9e_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Really looking forward to these...will be my first ZMF, the only closed-backs, and the only real wood cups that I own. Plugging into the Zana and MZ3
Ooooh! A MicroZOTL3! If you haven’t heard them yet you’ll be STUNNED. I have the MicroZOTL 2 and my ironwood VC sound fantastic through it!

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #7,622 of 12,462
Ooooh! A MicroZOTL3! If you haven’t heard them yet you’ll be STUNNED. I have the MicroZOTL 2 and my ironwood VC sound fantastic through it!
Good to hear! Yeah, as I recall, it is still only one watt...which isn't much for high impedance cans. I forget the exact explanation, but there is something specific about the way the circuit has a type of adaptive output impedance matching where it sounds good with everything. I've plugged in 650s, 800s, utopia, BD T1, etc into it...all comes out sounding pretty special!

Sep 5, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #7,623 of 12,462
Good to hear! Yeah, as I recall, it is still only one watt...which isn't much for high impedance cans. I forget the exact explanation, but there is something specific about the way the circuit has a type of adaptive output impedance matching where it sounds good with everything. I've plugged in 650s, 800s, utopia, BD T1, etc into it...all comes out sounding pretty special!
I've found that 1 watt, if the rating is accurate is plenty for almost any headphone..YMMV of course. It sounds like it does the job with your headphones already, which is way more important than specs anyway...

Enjoy!

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #7,624 of 12,462
I think that adaptive output impedance matching thing is correct, but I'm no expert on that. My understanding of impedance is quite rudimentary, and when I've tried to read about it there seem to be contradictory opinions, or at least inconsistencies. But it could also be that I just haven't grasped it yet. Which is OK, for now.
I've found that 1 watt, if the rating is accurate is plenty for almost any headphone..YMMV of course. It sounds like it does the job with your headphones already, which is way more important than specs anyway...

Enjoy!
I own the VC and the HiFiMAN HE-1000 version one. The MicroZOTL 2 drives both with ease. Plenty of headroom. I had been concerned about the supposedly low 1 watt per channel rating, but as jinxy so correctly points out, what the amplifier does is way more important than what the (reported) specifications are.

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #7,625 of 12,462
I've found that 1 watt, if the rating is accurate is plenty for almost any headphone
+1, the HE-6, Abyss 1266 and Raal notwithstanding

The sensitivity of any given headphone is a large factor as to how hard a headphone is to drive.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #7,626 of 12,462
Very first post and super excited to join the ZMF family! I was able to grab the Incantation from this batch. Tried first at the Rigel but was not fast enough! My current gaming/music headphones at the moment are the Hifiman Arya and can't wait to listen to these for music!
LTD_VeriteClosedShopify_STBLZ_791_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #7,627 of 12,462
Very first post and super excited to join the ZMF family! I was able to grab the Incantation from this batch. Tried first at the Rigel but was not fast enough! My current gaming/music headphones at the moment are the Hifiman Arya and can't wait to listen to these for music!
That's an incredible looking HP. Congrats!

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #7,628 of 12,462
Congrats on those! I thought they would go VERY early.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #7,629 of 12,462

That’s great, the Arya and VC are both fantastic, and quite different from one another.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #7,630 of 12,462
Cheers for the love of leopardwood!

ElMg6zP.jpg
Beautiful set and cheers on the Leopardwood through a Glenn Tube amp as well that is another really special combination! I really like that the leopardwood sets look like a fingerprint of a tree, a treegerprint I guess.

Sep 6, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #7,631 of 12,462
Fantastic looking cans! Definitely interested in hearing your thoughts in how the VCs compare to the Arya...interested in that can as a complement.

Sep 6, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #7,632 of 12,462
If you do any sort of FPS, the VC is a godsend, I play a lot of competitive OW, and having music in the background as well as hearing in game is the best experience I’ve had with any Headphone.

Sep 6, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #7,633 of 12,462
I finally moved out for college last week, moved my desktop setup to my New Apartment for College, and I decided to go back with my parents for the weekend and this being the first weekend without my Pendant SE or any proper amplification and oh boy do I notice the significant difference that an amp makes. The VC doesn’t sound awful straight from my PC or Phone, but you miss out on so much.

Even though I recently sold my M15 thinking I’d be inside most of the time, I’m thinking of maybe selling my Pendant SE to fund a Dx 300 max or M17 if I won’t be spending enough time in my Apartment due to school going back and forth with my parents. However I don’t know if a DAP is what I need or alternatively get a Mojo/ifi DSD micro Dac/Amp.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #7,635 of 12,462
I just received my RebelAmp and just started listening to my VC Stabilized after letting it warm up for an hour. This is a great combination. PC->Roon-> schiit bifrost 2 -> rebelamp. Plenty of power and warmth on medium gain. Dead silent. I'm starting to think if I should even keep my Feliks Elise and Pendant. I'll have to do some more listening and ear burn-in. But so far, i like it. Not a bad amp for $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back