ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 16, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #6,166 of 12,494
Here's the video for rod replacement, I think it should answer all your q's!

Watching this gives a weird sense of appreciation to the amount of work it takes to build these and a better understanding of why it takes up to a few months to ship these out. Is there usually a dedicated person doing a series of just this at a time and just has the timing down to get the cups on before the threadlocker has been on for too long?

May 17, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #6,167 of 12,494
Zach makes it look pretty easy to change rods...may have to splurge for a set of copper at some point.
The video's are much helpful to many.

May 17, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #6,168 of 12,494
Zach makes it look pretty easy to change rods...may have to splurge for a set of copper at some point.
The video's are much helpful to many.
I have changed out a set on my VC after watching the video, and it was quite easy. It takes some force initially to get them loose, and then some force to tighten them all the way down, and the rubber gloves definitely help get a good grip.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #6,169 of 12,494
I have changed out a set on my VC after watching the video, and it was quite easy. It takes some force initially to get them loose, and then some force to tighten them all the way down, and the rubber gloves definitely help get a good grip.
Not shown on the video but you can also wrap the rod in a washcloth or something similar and use a pair of pliers to unscrew it easier if the loctite gives you some resistance in unscrewing the rod. It will protect the rod while giving you enough torque to unscrew.

May 17, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #6,170 of 12,494
Not shown on the video but you can also wrap the rod in a washcloth or something similar and use a pair of pliers to unscrew it easier if the loctite gives you some resistance in unscrewing the rod. It will protect the rod while giving you enough torque to unscrew.
Or one of those rubber jar opener mats.

May 17, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #6,171 of 12,494
Hello,
I am looking for some reco on hybrid vs suede pads. I have narrowed it down to BE2 as I am looking for a bit more bright/ treble from my VC (coming from HD800s)

Will a BE2 solid suede make it overly bright than a hybrid version? I don’t want to order both to find out and so checking to see if anyone has had both variant of BE2 and is there a big difference between them?

Currently use universe suede pad.
Thanks

May 17, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #6,172 of 12,494
Can’t speak for the hybrid, but I don’t find the suede BE-2 overly bright at all, nor lacking treble.

May 17, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #6,173 of 12,494
Can’t speak for the hybrid, but I don’t find the suede BE-2 overly bright at all, nor lacking treble.
I like suede to touch my ears rather than lambskin as it gets hot for me after sometime so was thinking of the hybrid in case suede is too bright. I will give seude a try and see then. thanks @robo24

May 18, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #6,174 of 12,494
all these woods scare me! and I don't listen with my eyes .... but it's true that this headphone seems very attractive.

A lot of rare and "exotic" woods

Do you know if the origin of the wood is verified? Their origin and if they are exploited in a responsible and ecological way is important, isn't it?

Our toys and hobbies will have more flavour if they don't participate in the destruction of the environment.

Sorry for the unpleasant touch, but I would like to know if the effort is made.

Thank you for that!

May 18, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #6,175 of 12,494
all these woods scare me! and I don't listen with my eyes .... but it's true that this headphone seems very attractive.

A lot of rare and "exotic" woods

Do you know if the origin of the wood is verified? Their origin and if they are exploited in a responsible and ecological way is important, isn't it?

Our toys and hobbies will have more flavour if they don't participate in the destruction of the environment.

Sorry for the unpleasant touch, but I would like to know if the effort is made.

Thank you for that!
I am sure Zach and team have that covered. Plus when it comes to the environmental impact of this hobby, what matters most is that users power their equipment with renewable energy.

May 18, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #6,176 of 12,494
I am sure Zach and team have that covered. Plus when it comes to the environmental impact of this hobby, what matters most is that users power their equipment with renewable energy.
That’s true. ZMF must have taken care of sourcing woods from reliable places. However I feel Carpooling, spending few nights without AC will help environment more

May 18, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #6,177 of 12,494
Olé ! it looks like a cult with its guru ! wait for a reliable and well informed answer, if you don't know there is no need to try to divert, it doesn't make sense. No attack on my part, just need to know exactly what this aspect of things is, and then make my choices according to my conscience. Maybe everything is fine, and that's what I want.

:)

May 18, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #6,178 of 12,494
Hey there,
anybody has some comparions of the VC to the Fostex TH900? I found some information in this thread but not that much. From what I have understood is that the bass region is very similar (?), the VC has less brighter treble. How do they compare regarding stage and details? I find the TH900 pretty detailed, are the VC a step up? Thanks!

May 18, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #6,179 of 12,494
Olé ! it looks like a cult with its guru ! wait for a reliable and well informed answer, if you don't know there is no need to try to divert, it doesn't make sense. No attack on my part, just need to know exactly what this aspect of things is, and then make my choices according to my conscience. Maybe everything is fine, and that's what I want.

:)
I just provided my personal view on the environmental impact of headfi and what matters most in that regard. I did not say you cannot ask your question. I am sure Zach will chime in and answer it. All I can find on the website is 'All of our woods are procured through accredited dealers.' Which does not say much.

May 18, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #6,180 of 12,494
Hey there,
anybody has some comparions of the VC to the Fostex TH900? I found some information in this thread but not that much. From what I have understood is that the bass region is very similar (?), the VC has less brighter treble. How do they compare regarding stage and details? I find the TH900 pretty detailed, are the VC a step up? Thanks!
I have both and enjoy them equally. The TH900 has a more in-yer-face bass, with a more visceral sense of impact and slam. The VC bass is more subtle, though no less lacking - it's textured, with excellent extension and outstanding detail. More natural, you might say, but not exactly linear flat. VC is a step-up on a technical front, yes. Again, they excel at natural detail retrieval rather than artificially boosted detail. Staging is actually not dissimilar. TH900 has a very good sense of space and airiness, which is also true of the VC. The main thing with the VC is they're very amp dependent - you need a TOTL amp to drive them properly. So be prepared to invest in that if you go down that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back