ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 14, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #6,136 of 12,493
Hey Zach, today's batch was the last of the stabilized that you had on the go right? Just curious if you have any estimate on how long for the next batch to go up for sale.

If there is no estimate in sight... I'm highly contemplating customizing myself an Olive set and continue to take jabs at getting my ultimate favourite stabilized set down the road...

Thinking along those lines... anyone have pictures of their Sapele VC in person? Curious how it looks at home vs the Olive.
Like it will be Late June or July before the next run - we are trying to make sure the next one has more variance of models as well.

EDIT - not "real life" per say but here's a little video I shot of the Sapele and some other stock models that is on our front page now.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 14, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #6,138 of 12,493
Like it will be Late June or July before the next run - we are trying to make sure the next one has more variance of models as well.

EDIT - not "real life" per say but here's a little video I shot of the Sapele and some other stock models that is on our front page now.

Oh! That is a lot sooner than I was expecting. Hmmmm maybe I will just wait a little longer and see if I can score myself a gorgeous set for my BDay :D (July 3rd) ... That would be the ultimate gift.

And thanks for the video! WOW the wood on that Auteur looks sooooo good! But I have my mind set on a VC... looking forward to see what amazing sets you create this time.

Mad respect for you and your team, you guys make incredible products and have insanely good community presence. <3

May 14, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #6,139 of 12,493

Very nice video....not positive what that Auteur is ....maybe marble...it is very cool looking with that hardware.

May 14, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #6,140 of 12,493
Very nice video....not positive what that Auteur is ....maybe marble...it is very cool looking with that hardware.
Looks like the stock ambrosia maple, just very spalted with really nice zone lines and stained. That is the kind of stock auteur I would want if I purchased one. Looks so good!

May 14, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #6,141 of 12,493
Looks like the stock ambrosia maple, just very spalted with really nice zone lines and stained. That is the kind of stock auteur I would want if I purchased one. Looks so good!
Agree, it looks very nice.

Congrats to all that got a stabilized set from either headphone this time and congrats to ZMF...I thought they all looked really nice...my favorite VC was the Muliwai...but they all were very nice.

May 14, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #6,142 of 12,493
Wow both new VC woods look so tempting.

I can't decide which one to choose.

I tend to choose Sapele for more cup reverb for a nice contrast to my Ironwood VO.

But Olive has really nice and unique aesthetic looks and maybe still a touch of cup reverb due to the closed design of the VC.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #6,144 of 12,493
All of you lucky dudes with your chatoyant woods...

Figured I’d ask, does ZMF offer cable retermination?
I’d like to keep my SE Verite cable but need a pentaconn termination.

Seems rare to find a desktop (6ft+) cable length ending in 4.4.

May 14, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #6,145 of 12,493
I recommend the Drop THX AAA 789. I don't think there's anything to be gained going to a more expensive amp. It can drive the VC at about 60% power and its measurements put it in like the top 1% of amps.
I can say that in the price range, its a great amp that helps retain the air in the VC. It just sounded cleaner in the treble to me compared to the A90, which I compared it too directly. If you prefer more low-end thump at the expense of air, A90 is a good choice. Vice versa for the 789. I went with the 789.

I can’t speak for there being no gains for higher amps as I’ve never owned one, but the most expensive amp I’ve heard was the GS-X mk2 and that amp was detailed as hell. Then again, Dave was behind it.

May 15, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #6,146 of 12,493

Can get a custom one here with a Pentaconn and length up to 13 feet:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174015292123

May 15, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #6,147 of 12,493

if you don't mind adapters something like this will work

Attachments

• 518A-CV2+UL._SL1280_.jpg
    518A-CV2+UL._SL1280_.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
May 15, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #6,149 of 12,493
Does anyone have the photo of their VC Olive yet? I’m giving up trying to get the stabilized after failing to score one in the last 2 sales. So, may get the LTD instead. From the photo, it looks quite yellowish. Does it look like that in real life?

May 15, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #6,150 of 12,493
Someone has posted pictures in this thread so you can find some examples in here. If you (or anyone in general) wants to get it a bit earlier I ordered an ltd at launch but ended up getting a stabilized. So hit me up if you want my spot in line for the ltd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back