ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 15, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #6,151 of 12,524
Does anyone have the photo of their VC Olive yet? I’m giving up trying to get the stabilized after failing to score one in the last 2 sales. So, may get the LTD instead. From the photo, it looks quite yellowish. Does it look like that in real life?
If you don’t like the yellowish tint to the olive, it maybe worth a shot to reach out to the ZMF team and ask Zach about possibly using a darker stain? I am not sure if they would have the time to do a custom darker stain, but it never hurts to ask? My only reason for mentioning that is I remember reading on forums were some people have had a darker/lighter stain on a pair of ZMF auteurs (Can’t remember if it was a darker or lighter stain they mentioned requesting).

May 15, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #6,152 of 12,524
Can get a custom one here with a Pentaconn and length up to 13 feet:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174015292123
Thanks for the link.

Those prices aren’t so bad actually but since I already spent on the Verite cable I would prefer to have it reterminated.
if you don't mind adapters something like this will work
Thanks.

My 3 current amps have a 4.4 input.
I’m going the route of all my cables terminating with pentaconn so I can just use XLR/SE adapters without wires if need be.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #6,153 of 12,524
Does anyone have the photo of their VC Olive yet? I’m giving up trying to get the stabilized after failing to score one in the last 2 sales. So, may get the LTD instead. From the photo, it looks quite yellowish. Does it look like that in real life?
I’ve posted mine in this thread. But I'll repost for you. Olive wood looks different with changes in light. So in yellow light it will appear more yellow and golden. In natural and white light it will looks lighter and not as yellow and golden.

First picture was early in the morning, natural light through shaded windows. Second photo was like in the afternoon natural light through shaded windows. Both shot with an iPhone.

IMG_0518.jpeg
IMG_0517.jpeg

May 15, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #6,154 of 12,524
All of you lucky dudes with your chatoyant woods...

Figured I’d ask, does ZMF offer cable retermination?
I’d like to keep my SE Verite cable but need a pentaconn termination.

Seems rare to find a desktop (6ft+) cable length ending in 4.4.
ZMF would re-terminate that cable for you.

You would need to enquire with them regarding the approximate pricing for that, because they had stated that the price for the parts, and that the price for the labour, are "subject to flux".

May 15, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #6,155 of 12,524
ZMF would re-terminate that cable for you.

You would need to enquire with them regarding the approximate pricing for that, because they had stated that the price for the parts, and that the price for the labour, are "subject to flux".

Thanks for that.
I’m guessing you’ve reached out to them for that service?
If so, do you have a rough estimation?

I haven’t really seen much about cable services posted in headphones makers sites.
I figured they don’t really bother/have time.

Im not aware of reliable and timely services for that either.

May 15, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #6,156 of 12,524
Thanks for that.
I’m guessing you’ve reached out to them for that service?
If so, do you have a rough estimation?

I haven’t really seen much about cable services posted in headphones makers sites.
I figured they don’t really bother/have time.

Im not aware of reliable and timely services for that either.
I am sorry, but I would not know of what that pricing possibly would approximately be.

I previously had discovered that information within the FAQ page, that is within ZMF's website.

Here is a link for that FAQ page: https://www.zmfheadphones.com/headphone-faq/.

May 15, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #6,157 of 12,524
I am sorry, but I would not know of what that pricing possibly would approximately be.

I previously had discovered that information within the FAQ page, that is within ZMF's website.

Here is a link for that FAQ page: https://www.zmfheadphones.com/headphone-faq/.

Totally overlooked that and it looks to be cheaper ($25/hr) than buying another cable.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #6,159 of 12,524
If you don’t like the yellowish tint to the olive, it maybe worth a shot to reach out to the ZMF team and ask Zach about possibly using a darker stain?

Thank you. Will send him email.

Olive wood looks different with changes in light. So in yellow light it will appear more yellow and golden. In natural and white light it will looks lighter and not as yellow and golden.
I checked Thread Gallery but i thought yours were diff wood since they look quite diff.
Thanks for sharing!

May 16, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #6,161 of 12,524
Would you guys know how to take apart the gimbal from the rod? My Auteurs right rod is slightly coming out of the gimbal and I don’t know how to go about taking it apart.

May 16, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #6,162 of 12,524
Would you guys know how to take apart the gimbal from the rod? My Auteurs right rod is slightly coming out of the gimbal and I don’t know how to go about taking it apart.
Unless I am misunderstanding, don't you just screw on or screw off? Then get some loctite when you redo it and it should hold better. The one they sent me is red and called VC-3 Threadmate. I think you have an order with them so you could ask of they could include some when those ship. You can certainly screw them back together without it, but without the Threadmate mine have just become loose again over time so it does help. I believe Zach said you apply it to the threaded part of the rod, not a ton, and let it dry. Especially if you have a magnesium chassis, if you use it incorrectly and get it all over it's easy to remove the paint when you try to remove it.

May 16, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #6,163 of 12,524
Unless I am misunderstanding, don't you just screw on or screw off? Then get some loctite when you redo it and it should hold better. The one they sent me is red and called VC-3 Threadmate. I think you have an order with them so you could ask of they could include some when those ship. You can certainly screw them back together without it, but without the Threadmate mine have just become loose again over time so it does help. I believe Zach said you apply it to the threaded part of the rod, not a ton, and let it dry. Especially if you have a magnesium chassis, if you use it incorrectly and get it all over it's easy to remove the paint when you try to remove it.
I tried to untwist the rod from out of the gimbal but it wouldn’t budge. I only noticed because it no longer felt even on my head and it was causing minor discomfort in my left jaw.

May 16, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #6,164 of 12,524
And the VC-3 Threadmate is safe for the magnesium correct?

May 16, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #6,165 of 12,524
And the VC-3 Threadmate is safe for the magnesium correct?
Here's the video for rod replacement, I think it should answer all your q's!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back