ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 7, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #6,019 of 12,549
Got some new 1958 Brimar CV4033 triple micas for my Mjolnir 2 and boy are they making my VCs sing! I was trying to work and got so distracted listening to this album:

May 7, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #6,020 of 12,549
Got some new 1958 Brimar CV4033 triple micas for my Mjolnir 2 and boy are they making my VCs sing! I was trying to work and got so distracted listening to this album:

Rockin that album right now, and it is a good one. Sounds killer with the VC no doubt. Lively and dynamic and really gets you moving! Thanks for sharing, and I am really diggin tracks #7 Mr. Dynamite, and #11 Resonate.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #6,021 of 12,549
That album was released a year ago tomorrow. Solid album too!

May 7, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #6,022 of 12,549
RoonShareImage-637560085623617920.png

This is another killer song with the VC.

Actually the more I think about it, I have been listening all day, and every song I have heard with the VC no matter the genre sounds insanely good, and I am not kidding!

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #6,023 of 12,549
For whatever reason, I switched to my Hybrid tube amp this evening and started comparing headphones. I was surprised how good the VC sounded from the hybrid.

Ultimately I found the sound fatiguing compared to my tube amp so I switched back but there were areas where the VC shone. Now I’m wondering if maybe I just haven’t heard the VC with a good enough SS amp. Anyone prefer their VC through a SS amp?

May 8, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #6,024 of 12,549
For whatever reason, I switched to my Hybrid tube amp this evening and started comparing headphones. I was surprised how good the VC sounded from the hybrid.

Ultimately I found the sound fatiguing compared to my tube amp so I switched back but there were areas where the VC shone. Now I’m wondering if maybe I just haven’t heard the VC with a good enough SS amp. Anyone prefer their VC through a SS amp?
I'm a big fan of the VC + Sparkos Aries pairing - it's an incredibly fast SS amp, with outstanding resolution and detail retrieval, and yet which retains a musical tonality. Not in any sense fatiguing, too. And, as I've mentioned before, also the SS amp of choice for @zach915m, which is endorsement enough of its merits.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #6,025 of 12,549

My VC sounds insanely good with my RH-5 (hybrid), with no fatigue at all. From my past experience synergy is what matters most, no matter what kind of amp and if you do your homework you can find good parings for each type.

I am a tube guy, buy would like to add a good SS amp at some point to the collection, and I am looking forward to hearing what other people have had success with.

May 8, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #6,026 of 12,549
My VC sounds insanely good with my RH-5 (hybrid), with no fatigue at all. From my past experience synergy is what matters most, no matter what kind of amp and if you do your homework you can find good parings for each type.

I am a tube guy, buy would like to add a good SS amp at some point to the collection, and I am looking forward to hearing what other people have had success with.
I would highly recommend the GSX-mini if you want to achieve nirvana with your ZMF cans. If i am not using my Elise OTL, the GSX mini is what i reach for with literal every single of my headphones.

May 8, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #6,027 of 12,549
I would highly recommend the GSX-mini if you want to achieve nirvana with your ZMF cans. If i am not using my Elise OTL, the GSX mini is what i reach for with literal every single of my headphones.
Been thinking a GSX mini is exactly what I would buy.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #6,028 of 12,549
This one got good reviews and may be what Zach uses to voice the ZMF stuff. Just a rumor........

20191202_151143-scaled.jpg

SparkoS Labs Aries
Conclusion:
It’s incredible to believe that the Aries is the first end-to-end product from SparkoS Labs, as it is simply so cohesive in terms of how well it’s packaged combined with how it performs. Its build is bullet-proof, the user-experience is first-rate, and sonically it’s immaculately transparent yet utterly enjoyable.

May 8, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #6,029 of 12,549
This one got good reviews and may be what Zach uses to voice the ZMF stuff. Just a rumor........

20191202_151143-scaled.jpg
SparkoS Labs Aries
Conclusion:
It’s incredible to believe that the Aries is the first end-to-end product from SparkoS Labs, as it is simply so cohesive in terms of how well it’s packaged combined with how it performs. Its build is bullet-proof, the user-experience is first-rate, and sonically it’s immaculately transparent yet utterly enjoyable.
Yes sir. For anyone interested, I offered some impressions on the VC and the Aries here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sparkos-aries-headphone-amp.945912/post-16043638

May 8, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #6,030 of 12,549
I recommend the Drop THX AAA 789. I don't think there's anything to be gained going to a more expensive amp. It can drive the VC at about 60% power and its measurements put it in like the top 1% of amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back