ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 3, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #6,002 of 12,524
Still confused. The ZMF site implies that the Universal pads are the stock ones shipped. Also, are the Auteur protein real leather or faux leather?
Lambskin is the leather choice I believe and man they are so comfortable! I don’t know what magic Zach does but all his pads are top notch for comfort. Also if you have any questions about pad choices you can email them or put in your order information what pads you would prefer instead of the standard pads that come stock. So if you don’t want a universe pad just ask them in an email to change the pads around as they are very accommodating.

May 3, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #6,003 of 12,524
Still confused. The ZMF site implies that the Universal pads are the stock ones shipped. Also, are the Auteur protein real leather or faux leather?
The Auteur leather (lambskin) pads are the stock pads. The Universe pads are the recommended secondary pads, but you can get whatever pads you want as secondary pads.

May 3, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #6,004 of 12,524
Protein leather is derived from eggshells rather than animal skin. Having heard the VC with protein leather Auteur pads they're clearly brighter than all the suede pads I've tried, which themselves are typically brighter than lambskin versions of the same pads.

May 3, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #6,005 of 12,524
Hi all.
I'd be interested in the VC Olive but would appreciate getting a confirmation on the actual finish. Depending on the pictures, the finish looks either super glossy, or more matte/satin on others. Can anybody confirm what it looks like in real life? Personally, I'd prefer a natural look for this wood, not a glossy varnish. thanks!

May 3, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #6,006 of 12,524
Hi all.
I'd be interested in the VC Olive but would appreciate getting a confirmation on the actual finish. Depending on the pictures, the finish looks either super glossy, or more matte/satin on others. Can anybody confirm what it looks like in real life? Personally, I'd prefer a natural look for this wood, not a glossy varnish. thanks!
I’m pretty sure you can request it be glossy or matte. Just have to ask and they could probably give the matte finish you are looking for. My Auteur uses Osmo Hard wax oil which gives it a very nice matte finish.

May 3, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #6,007 of 12,524
Hi all.
It is matte finish. Here is my set below.
IMG_0518.jpeg

May 3, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #6,010 of 12,524
What did they use?
No idea, whatever they use on all their matte finishes I assume. I think it has been answered by Zach in the past. Would need to search for it though.
Yours look much lighter than the ones on the product page — is the photo true to life?
Yes and no. Zach said this to a comparison of my photo and theirs "The difference is from the difference in lighting, if you hit an object with daylight or brighter color temp, it will appear more blue, if you hit it with 3200K/indoor lighting it will look more yellow. The Olive wood is highly reflective from the light color, so it will change based on those factors, and based on the camera used." With that said, my photo was taken with an iphone in the early morning with natural light through a shade. To me, it looks more realistic to me. Right now in the heat of the afternoon and bright sun, it does looks more golden in color. But, not near as golden as it appears from the website photos. That is just my $0.02. All in all, I agree with what Zach said and it does change with the light.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #6,011 of 12,524
No idea, whatever they use on all their matte finishes I assume. I think it has been answered by Zach in the past. Would need to search for it though.

Yes and no. Zach said this to a comparison of my photo and theirs "The difference is from the difference in lighting, if you hit an object with daylight or brighter color temp, it will appear more blue, if you hit it with 3200K/indoor lighting it will look more yellow. The Olive wood is highly reflective from the light color, so it will change based on those factors, and based on the camera used." With that said, my photo was taken with an iphone in the early morning with natural light through a shade. To me, it looks more realistic to me. Right now in the heat of the afternoon and bright sun, it does looks more golden in color. But, not near as golden as it appears from the website photos. That is just my $0.02. All in all, I agree with what Zach said and it does change with the light.
Makes sense. They look lovely either way. But good to know what to expect, as I have them on order.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #6,012 of 12,524
For me it was Sonora, Stardust, or Volcanis. I knew the last two would be popular and that many people would be trying to get them. That left the door wide open for me to slip in the back door and get my first choice. I love green, and especially love how striking it is with the yellow tones and glossy finish. Even my wife agreed to let me try to buy it and ultimately that's what gave me the "green light", lol. Then I just got lucky with my trigger finger. Verizon FiOS Gigabit came through this time.

So it was you who paid in 7 seconds! My internet wasn't fast enough. I assumed you were a bot. lol

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #6,013 of 12,524
While waiting for my order, should I expect any updates on the order page, or does it only change when it’s preparing for shipping? I ordered only a week ago, so obviously a long way to go, but am curious what to expect.

May 6, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #6,014 of 12,524
While waiting for my order, should I expect any updates on the order page, or does it only change when it’s preparing for shipping? I ordered only a week ago, so obviously a long way to go, but am curious what to expect.

You'll get an email shortly stating your headphone has been started. We are just finishing machining all the sapele and Olive orders actually.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back