ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 1, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #5,971 of 12,524
Could someone compare Verite closed and Open? I have a verite open version, wonder if closed is somewhat improve over the open. Thanks

May 1, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #5,972 of 12,524
May 1, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #5,974 of 12,524
Could someone compare Verite closed and Open? I have a verite open version, wonder if closed is somewhat improve over the open. Thanks
I went through very similar situation where I started with the verite open (still love that phone) and then got a closed Verite and the sounds coming from it are just simply more (engaging, euphonic, clearer?, something about it I can’t describe..........its ineffable). I ended up selling my open version due to the sound being very similar but “that something” about the closed was just a better version to me. They are different enough and have their use cases that owning both is 100% if you already have one and buy the other.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #5,975 of 12,524
I went through very similar situation where I started with the verite open (still love that phone) and then got a closed Verite and the sounds coming from it are just simply more (engaging, euphonic, clearer?, something about it I can’t describe..........its ineffable). I ended up selling my open version due to the sound being very similar but “that something” about the closed was just a better version to me. They are different enough and have their use cases that owning both is 100% if you already have one and by the other.
Thank you! It will cost extra $1K to change to the close back, got to think about it.

May 1, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #5,976 of 12,524
Thank you! It will cost extra $1K to change to the close back, got to think about it.
Oh you bet! It’s hard with this hobby being ultimately down to us humans as individuals and our personal tastes. I will say you can’t go wrong with either (open or closed). One thing I truly love about the closed is it’s ability to sound more open then some open back headphones yet gives you a super black background where sounds emerge. You won’t have the open back whispers (I call them whispers but I mean noises from around your house getting to your ears). The isolation and yet the very open sounding nature of them I think is the winning combination for me. I have the leopard woods which I sent into Zach just recently for a refresh and can’t wait to get listening with them again!

May 1, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #5,978 of 12,524
So how did everyone approach attempting to get a set? I had spent the last day determining my top 3 but ended up slimming it to 2 and just deciding if I couldn’t get those 2 it wasn’t meant to be.

My initial set was cicatrix, coccinati, and iroise. Felt like coccinati was going to be popular so I basically chopped it off my list. I also felt like iroise would be popular so I just kept it as my secondary Hail Mary attempt if cicatrix didn’t go through (it did luckily). I really spent the last hour leading up to the sale deciding between those to try first.

i did kind of eliminate all of the green ones but looking back at them sonora really catches my eye and is really unique. I’m just not a green fan in general but I could totally have picked some of those had I thought about it more.

as for why cicatrix it is hard to put into words. The texture, and color drew me in and it looks a little more matte than shiny compared to the others. Seems more rustic but with a hint of flare.

May 2, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #5,979 of 12,524
So how did everyone approach attempting to get a set? I had spent the last day determining my top 3 but ended up slimming it to 2 and just deciding if I couldn’t get those 2 it wasn’t meant to be.

My initial set was cicatrix, coccinati, and iroise. Felt like coccinati was going to be popular so I basically chopped it off my list. I also felt like iroise would be popular so I just kept it as my secondary Hail Mary attempt if cicatrix didn’t go through (it did luckily). I really spent the last hour leading up to the sale deciding between those to try first.

i did kind of eliminate all of the green ones but looking back at them sonora really catches my eye and is really unique. I’m just not a green fan in general but I could totally have picked some of those had I thought about it more.

as for why cicatrix it is hard to put into words. The texture, and color drew me in and it looks a little more matte than shiny compared to the others. Seems more rustic but with a hint of flare.

For me it was Sonora, Stardust, or Volcanis. I knew the last two would be popular and that many people would be trying to get them. That left the door wide open for me to slip in the back door and get my first choice. I love green, and especially love how striking it is with the yellow tones and glossy finish. Even my wife agreed to let me try to buy it and ultimately that's what gave me the "green light", lol. Then I just got lucky with my trigger finger. Verizon FiOS Gigabit came through this time.

LTD_VC_Shopify67_1024x1024@2x.jpg

May 2, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #5,980 of 12,524
For me it was Sonora, Stardust, or Volcanis. I knew the last two would be popular and that many people would be trying to get them. That left the door wide open for me to slip in the back door and get my first choice. I love green, and especially love how striking it is with the yellow tones and glossy finish. Even my wife agreed to let me try to buy it and ultimately that's what gave me the "green light", lol. Then I just got lucky with my trigger finger. Verizon FiOS Gigabit came through this time.

That was my favorite one. Nice score!

May 2, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #5,981 of 12,524
Oh you bet! It’s hard with this hobby being ultimately down to us humans as individuals and our personal tastes. I will say you can’t go wrong with either (open or closed). One thing I truly love about the closed is it’s ability to sound more open then some open back headphones yet gives you a super black background where sounds emerge. You won’t have the open back whispers (I call them whispers but I mean noises from around your house getting to your ears). The isolation and yet the very open sounding nature of them I think is the winning combination for me. I have the leopard woods which I sent into Zach just recently for a refresh and can’t wait to get listening with them again!
Refresh? Exactly what does that mean? Cost?

May 2, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #5,982 of 12,524
Yeah congrats to everyone that scored a stabilized and good job on Sonora that was one I thought looked really nice. I think there was some great advice already go into it with a plan and know the ones you are willing to pay for and don’t try and decision make in the moment. Then I would not spend any time actually customizing anything because you are going to have weeks to correct anything and just try and execute the transaction as quick as possible and if you miss don’t get frustrated take the next shot as quick as you can and go down the list quickly. I’d probably take a headphone purchase as close to finished as I could the day before to get a feel for the system and being quick and maybe pick up a t shirt or pad so you can store payment shipping info and make an account before the stabilized go on sale so you are ready to go. I haven’t tried to pick up a pair but I feel like I went to pandemic shopping boot camp getting an Xbox.

I do think the current system would work well to stop bots and scalpers because they have and enforce strict purchase limits so I believe them when they say this was pure demand. I still like the bring your own block idea so I just hope they consider it I would scour the internet and the earth for the perfect blocks send them in, get in line and wait to see what gems were uncovered. I think it would be a pretty fair process and then if anyone ever did really not like their cups Zach could charge a manufacturing charge on the cups, the customer could find a new set of blocks to send in (probably lose their place in line until they send in a new set) and Zach could sell that first set of cups as B stock or in a normal production drop so that would basically be an extra revenue stream. He could offer this in parallel with the normal production too as a way to just relieve demand or for people that don’t want a high stress purchasing environment and still keep the normal production drops.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #5,983 of 12,524
The cool thing about the VC is no matter what wood is used, it still sounds like a VC. :smile:

Happy Sunday and listening my fellow VC buddies!

May 2, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #5,984 of 12,524

Beautiful and just the right amount of spalting to really bring it all together....lovely.
If you look closely to each headphone, heck they all have their own beauty in there somewhere.

May 2, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #5,985 of 12,524

Users who are viewing this thread

Back