ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 30, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #5,943 of 12,524
I’m always curious how it takes that long considering the headphones were already built for the photos. Unless the photos are edited to look like completed headphones.
They are going to probably give safe estimates. They probably still have to go through qa and maybe other stuff. I don’t build headphones so I could be wrong :)

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #5,944 of 12,524
I’m always curious how it takes that long considering the headphones were already built for the photos. Unless the photos are edited to look like completed headphones.
I kind of wish it's not completed because I want to swap the leather for suede for example but I guess I could also buy suede and attach it on myself. But the wait for 6-12 weeks is ..... worth the wait (really long)

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #5,945 of 12,524
Another explanation: they are so dear and beautiful that @zach915m is reluctant to let them go

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #5,946 of 12,524
I kind of wish it's not completed because I want to swap the leather for suede for example but I guess I could also buy suede and attach it on myself. But the wait for 6-12 weeks is ..... worth the wait (really long)
Unless I'm mistaken, my understanding is you can still choose pads and use of leather, suede, or a combination by emailing if the options aren't there on checkout.

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #5,947 of 12,524
Unless I'm mistaken, my understanding is you can still choose pads and use of leather, suede, or a combination by emailing if the options aren't there on checkout.
Glad I asked, that would be great! I will send out email to see. I was under that impression since when I looked at website it says that it's sold AS-IS.

From the website:
NOTE

• All orders are final and non-refundable.
  • Production/Wait times for products are estimates, order updates will be sent regularly.
  • Current Batch will ship in 6 - 12 weeks.
  • We Cannot Customize units beyond how they are pictured, these are sold as is.

May 1, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #5,948 of 12,524
Glad I asked, that would be great! I will send out email to see. I was under that impression since when I looked at website it says that it's sold AS-IS.

From the website:
I believe that is what was stated for the b-stock sale and mine was pictured with leather but I was able to specify pads and headband materials and that shows up when I look at my old order. Not sure if it was an option when checking out. I'm pretty sure I had emailed ahead of the b-stock sale since I don't buy leather and would only have bought with that option. Anyway, I'm sure he'll reply soon either here or in email.

May 1, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #5,949 of 12,524
Wow. Just read where these sold out in 5 min.
Congrats to all that was able to get one....they all look gorgeous and sound every bit as good as they look and with a life-time warranty on the driver
for as long as you are the original owner. When you pick them up and hold them and feel them you immediately notice the quality and love that has went into making them.
Then you get to listen to them. :)

It is pretty phenomenal that these sold out in 5 minutes.

During these crazy times of the past year and having to deal with all that has happened it is very satisfying to see a small company
work so hard and not only survive but thrive, making a top notch hand made luxury item with one of the best warranties in the business. It just goes to show you that honest, hard working, and goal oriented people who treat people respectfully can make all the difference in the world.

Kudos to Zach , Bevin and everyone else at ZMF. It is well deserved.
Keep up the good work.

May 1, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #5,951 of 12,524
Wow. Just read where these sold out in 5 min.
Congrats to all that was able to get one....they all look gorgeous and sound every bit as good as they look and with a life-time warranty on the driver
for as long as you are the original owner. When you pick them up and hold them and feel them you immediately notice the quality and love that has went into making them.
Then you get to listen to them. :)

It is pretty phenomenal that these sold out in 5 minutes.

During these crazy times of the past year and having to deal with all that has happened it is very satisfying to see a small company
work so hard and not only survive but thrive, making a top notch hand made luxury item with one of the best warranties in the business. It just goes to show you that honest, hard working, and goal oriented people who treat people respectfully can make all the difference in the world.

Kudos to Zach , Bevin and everyone else at ZMF. It is well deserved.
Keep up the good work.
Totally agree and well said! :wink:

May 1, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #5,953 of 12,524
From owning various densities of various ZMF, I can say that I prefer the denser woods. I thought it would be the other way around because in general I love reverb, but the fast transients and general immediacy are preferable to me on the harder woods. Enough that I now chase the hardest.
How do you know the hardness rating of each stabilized version if the wood is different for each and impregnated with resin? Perhaps all stabilized are hardest of all?

May 1, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #5,954 of 12,524
How do you know the hardness rating of each stabilized version if the wood is different for each and impregnated with resin? Perhaps all stabilized are hardest of all?

I don't think they are the hardest of all, but the process definitely makes them harder. They have quick decay but not sure how they compare to softer woods.. probably
not leaps and bounds over the softer woods.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #5,955 of 12,524
Congrats Zach and team and the lucky buyers..

As a VC owner I'm not in this game, but I agree with what some have said that a lottery (absurd if you stop to think about this, a lottery to win the right to spend 3k... :) ) is more fair, as it eliminates internet speeds, cookies, verification methods, bots maybe... Anyway, all things that should not matter... And give everyone an equal opportunity to get one of these beauties.
Another thought. A lottery would remove some of the excitement around the event. That can be solved though. How about a live draw on YouTube? :) Can be done with nicknames to preserve privacy, as long as ZMF have the real names..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back