ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 21, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #5,176 of 12,488
Don't recall ever making that sort of presumption, but I guess it's ok for you to presume to read words in my messages that I didn't type. "I hear a difference in my system using this cable" is not offensive to me and I've never suggested that it was. "This cable is something that our materials scientists haven't yet invented," on the other hand, is.

That's fine. This is why the forum has an ignore function and I'll add folks to it who continue advocating things like "superconductive cables" to other users. I invite you to use it too.
When you type:

Waste your money on whatever you want to
You are in fact implying that we are delusional for thinking that a cable helps the SQ of our systems.

There is a whole section of this forum where members listen with their eyes. Kindly take the snide cable remarks over there, and keep this thread on the VC, pads for the VC, amps for the VC, DACs for the VC, and yes, cables for the VC.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #5,178 of 12,488
Guys, are we seriously at the point where we need to invest $$$ in a damn cable to improve the performance of a $2500 headphones??
100% yes

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #5,179 of 12,488
Guys, are we seriously at the point where we need to invest $$$ in a damn cable to improve the performance of a $2500 headphones??
We seriously didn't need a ****ing paragraph about the virtues of graphene.

Someone get Trevor to incorporate Element 115 into his cables and shut that dude up.

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #5,181 of 12,488
LMAO, I would bet my house that you would not be able to differentiate the OFC cable versus a graphene carbon cable in a blind test.
Hahaha...maybe, I’m deep down the rabbit hole though. I have the JPS Superconductor for my Abyss TCs. :L3000:

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #5,182 of 12,488
I invested $60 is a set of Universe Suede pads and it significantly improved my experience with my VC headphones.

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #5,184 of 12,488
Me too. So we don't need to spend $500 to significantly improve our experience with the VC right? :wink:
Honestly, I would have to hear it first. I am not wedded to one view or another. I let my own experience dictate my choices. I do know that cables make a significant difference in sound for my IEMs. So, I've bought some silver plated copper and gold plated silver cables. I haven't had the same experience with my full sized headphones, but I really haven't tried that hard to find out.

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #5,185 of 12,488
Me too. So we don't need to spend $500 to significantly improve our experience with the VC right? :wink:
How is that any different from dropping a couple grand on a nice OTL amp that ships with Russian and Chinese tubes?
Talk to Woo Audio who charges $900.00 (!) up charge for a pair of 5998s instead of the 6080s that come stock.

If someone is happy with the stock cable of the VC, or the stock tubes of their amp, God bless 'em. Theyve beaten the game and saved a lot of coin. But ya know what I dont recall a single member dissing another because theyre happy with the stock cable. Not once.

Believe me, I wish cables made zero difference in my system. I truly do. I can think of many, many more interesting and exciting things to spend money on.

I would venture to guess that for every member in this thread there are several hundred thousand people out there snickering at us, thinking

"Man, my Apple earbuds rock! You're a fool for dropping $2500 on headphones"!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #5,186 of 12,488
I would venture to guess that for every member in this thread there are several hundred thousand people out there snickering at us, thinking

"Man, my Apple earbuds rock! You're a fool for dropping $2500 on headphones?!?

I'm not gonna lie Monster, these days my VC are gathering dust because I have more fun with my $420 Grado Hemp :wink:

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #5,187 of 12,488
I'm not gonna lie Monster, these days my VC are gathering dust because I have more fun with my $420 Grado Hemp :wink:
Yup, I saw you posted em for sale. Thats cool. I cant hang with Grados sitting on my ears and pinning the top of my ears to my glasses, but I get why some people like Grados.
If we all heard the same things, and preferred the same things there would only be one headphone available for sale.

Just gets old with the cable bashing. We get it. You dont hear a difference. Lets move on.

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #5,188 of 12,488
100% this. Whatever they are (or claim to be) putting in their cables has absolutely no superconductivity at room temperature. Waste your money on whatever you want to (/whatever makes you feel like your setup has improved), but false advertising is a no-no.
I want to clarify that Alex never claimed his cables were superconductors. That was a term I used and incorrectly in this context. I am aware that at room temperature Graphene Carbon is not a superconductor, only when cooled. That being said, at room temperature, Graphene carbon is still 5.8 times more conductive than copper and 4 times more conductive than silver. I don’t know if this is the reason his cable sound so good to me but when a $400 cable makes as much difference in my system as a $5000 M-scaler I take notice.
I have no association with Alex or his cables. He has a stellar reputation in the industry so please don’t let my enthusiasm for his product or any misstatement I made reflect poorly on him or his company.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #5,189 of 12,488
I want to clarify that Alex never claimed his cables were superconductors. That was a term I used and incorrectly in this context. I am aware that at room temperature Graphene Carbon is not a superconductor, only when cooled. That being said, at room temperature, Graphene carbon is still 5.8 times more conductive than copper and 4 times more conductive than silver. I don’t know if this is the reason why his cable sound so good to me but when a $400 cable makes as much difference in my system as a $5000 M-scaler I take notice.
I have no association with Alex or his cables. He has a stellar reputation in the industry so please don’t let my enthusiasm for his product or any misstatement I made reflect poorly on him or his company.
Fair enough. Definitely makes me feel better to see that this was just imprecise language in a forum, rather than yet another manufacturer making a demonstrably false claim. That stuff just really gets under my skin.

Cheers.

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #5,190 of 12,488
How is that any different from dropping a couple grand on a nice OTL amp that ships with Russian and Chinese tubes?
Talk to Woo Audio who charges $900.00 (!) up charge for a pair of 5998s instead of the 6080s that come stock.

If someone is happy with the stock cable of the VC, or the stock tubes of their amp, God bless 'em. Theyve beaten the game and saved a lot of coin. But ya know what I dont recall a single member dissing another because theyre happy with the stock cable. Not once.

Believe me, I wish cables made zero difference in my system. I truly do. I can think of many, many more interesting and exciting things to spend money on.

"Man, my Apple earbuds rock! You're a fool for dropping $2500 on headphones"!
So true! Whenever I need some perspective I let my girlfriend listen to “how great” my system sounds 😂 I plugged the ZMF directly into the headphone out on the tv and then into my $20,000 headphone rig... she says ”yeah I guess I can hear a difference” 😳
Even with that statement I think she is just being nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back