ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #1,291 of 12,528
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #1,293 of 12,528
I’m back after spending the las few weeks traveling overseas for business, damn I missed the VC and my WA5! So happy to see that ZMF is shipping and the VC joy is being spread globally like a musical contagion!

At the moment, Steve Earle’s serenading me with the high res version of Copperhead Road on Qobuz, I’m with @Monsterzero, the VC is one of my favorite headphones of all time (Abyss 1266 OG, Utopia, HD800, Ether 2, Empyrean, Clear, Aeolus, VO)!

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #1,294 of 12,528
Oct 16, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,295 of 12,528
Heck at this point, I would take a decked out Monkey Pod!!!

My Monkeypods are here to stay, you’ll love them when you get a chance to hear them. I went a bit over two weeks without headphones, had to travel light, and I’m finally home and I’m falling in love all over again! I went back to the stock, solid leather, sloped pads, I prefer the bigger stag and bass.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #1,296 of 12,528
Zach’s an artist, period!
SECONDED!!!
I'm new to this, so shut me up if this shows my utter ignorance, but from what I've seen there have been some quantum leaps in HP development in the past decade - e.g. Audeze and planars. Clearly Zach has taken HP art to the next level, not only regarding sound but also the beautiful designs and craftsmanship - ZMFs are fantastic to look at, not just functional.
And my Vérités are still oh so far away from me!!!! GGRRRRRRRR :rage:
Happy listening!!!!! And happy admiring Zach's craftsmanship!!!! :)

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,297 of 12,528
Listening to Tool with my VC, what an experience. Some serious impact in the low end which sounds great on well recorded music. That isn't to say they haven't handled everything I have thrown at them so far though as they have killed it!

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,298 of 12,528
One of the most impressive things about the VC for me is how well it does trance music,as well as every other genre.
I have had plenty of headphones that I have dubbed my "trancephones",but they usually fall short in other genres. Like the LCD-2s or my HD250s. Both are excellent for trance,but not so much on other genres I like.

The VC is so damn good at trance im listening to it way more than I usually do. This sounds absurdly good!

Bloody brilliant, I don’t even really like Trance, but it’s so damn good on the VC I’m really enjoying listening!

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #1,299 of 12,528
Listening to Tool with my VC, what an experience. Some serious impact in the low end which sounds great on well recorded music. That isn't to say they haven't handled everything I have thrown at them so far though as they have killed it!

The latest album has some clipping issues I just can't unhear. Check 1:22, 1:27, 1:31 on Pneuma.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #1,300 of 12,528
The latest album has some clipping issues I just can't unhear. Check 1:22, 1:27, 1:31 on Pneuma.

Odd I just tired listening to those bits and couldn't hear any clipping, maybe my ears are broken :deadhorse:

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #1,301 of 12,528
Well... here they are :D I'm about as handy with a camera as a 007 foe with a gun... tried to do them justice with my phone but will have to get my gf to give it a go with her camera sometime. Massive thanks to Zach and Aamer from Acorn Audio. Second to none experience all the way through from initial message to delivery. These weigh 490g, and are super comfortable. I'll leave more detailed impressions for later but from my short time with them this evening, I can say that they are incredible.

With some of my better headphones I've heard little subtle things I had not heard previously... well with these it seems like every track has had some glaringly obvious part that I have repeatedly overlooked, it's insane! I had my eyes close and was getting dizzy, and literally had to open my eyes and take a breather! Sounds like hyperbole, but I'm sure other VC owners out there will continue to pour in with similar claims, following mine and earlier reviews from others who got in early. 100% recommended!

I’m happy to second on the incredible, dizzying power of the VC, and the musical window it opens. I know it’s cliché, but I’m hearing new things in songs I’ve literally listened too hundreds of times. Or loving new music like Joe Louis Walker’s “Viva Las Vegas” Album (a must if you’re into contemporary blues).

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,302 of 12,528

Although I don't have my VC (yet!), I can confirm that I hear it *very* clearly on the 007 and it's present, but not as obvious through the Emu Teak. And now, I will never be able to not hear it again. Thanks.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #1,303 of 12,528
Dang! That sounds like some serious fun, to actually feel the music. I have got to get my ears on some VC or VO, someday soon.
Just beware: this bell cannot be un-rung... You'd start saving your pennies as soon as you audition these!!

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #1,304 of 12,528
Ah I just turned the volume up and low and behold clipping appears... I guess I don't listen to my music loud enough :p

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #1,305 of 12,528

Users who are viewing this thread

Back