ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 14, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #1,261 of 12,513
OK. After a full weekend of enjoyment with the VCs, herein I offer some emotional, unmeasured, unapologetic commentary.

* They are painfully good. I am actually sad to go to my office with any other headphones today.
* They are changing a bit w/ about 40h of use and burn in. Bass seems to be tightening. (Or I am losing my sanity/ objectivity)
* The so-quoted "three-dee-ness" is real. I am blown away by the head-stage & imaging.

Caveats
* These are my 1st truly TOTL headphones (no Empys, Utopias, etc). (I have however worked as a studio engineer w/ very top-of-the-line speakers, etc,)
* New toy syndrome
* Excellent - even without my tube amps (1 on holiday, awaiting the other).

.. waiting for the workday to end.
I was so sad to go to work I actually ended up taking the day off!

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #1,263 of 12,513
OK. After a full weekend of enjoyment with the VCs, herein I offer some emotional, unmeasured, unapologetic commentary.

* They are painfully good. I am actually sad to go to my office with any other headphones today.
* They are changing a bit w/ about 40h of use and burn in. Bass seems to be tightening. (Or I am losing my sanity/ objectivity)
* The so-quoted "three-dee-ness" is real. I am blown away by the head-stage & imaging.

Caveats
* These are my 1st truly TOTL headphones (no Empys, Utopias, etc). (I have however worked as a studio engineer w/ very top-of-the-line speakers, etc,)
* New toy syndrome
* Excellent - even without my tube amps (1 on holiday, awaiting the other).

.. waiting for the workday to end.

This is why I'm keeping mine at the office - I want to encourage myself to get in, haha.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,264 of 12,513
This is why I'm keeping mine at the office - I want to encourage myself to get in, haha.

I honestly have way more time to listen to music at work than at home. But there is no way these are staying on my office desk over night. That Slappa case is probably going to be my ticket if the included hard case is too crazy big.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #1,265 of 12,513
I honestly have way more time to listen to music at work than at home. But there is no way these are staying on my office desk over night. That Slappa case is probably going to be my ticket if the included hard case is too crazy big.
I’ve been carrying my VC around all weekend and part of last week in the Slappa case, it is a little tight with the VC, but shouldn’t be an issue. I would be careful zipping and unzipping it though, wouldn’t want to scratch the finish....but I’m also being paranoid about it, I’ve gone very slow while looking at where the zipper interacts and it shouldn’t touch the cups but to be safe, I pull outward on the zipper while zipping, and go slower when I get to the cup area.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #1,266 of 12,513
I’ve been carrying my VC around all weekend and part of last week in the Slappa case, it is a little tight with the VC, but shouldn’t be an issue. I would be careful zipping and unzipping it though, wouldn’t want to scratch the finish....but I’m also being paranoid about it, I’ve gone very slow while looking at where the zipper interacts and it shouldn’t touch the cups but to be safe, I pull outward on the zipper while zipping, and go slower when I get to the cup area.
Maybe you can cover the exterior of the cups with a thin but durable silicon like layer?

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,267 of 12,513
Im guessing a case made for ZMFs would be a popular item.
Now you wont be leaving the office until several hours after you shouldve.

The "just one more song" factor with the VC is strong.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,268 of 12,513
Im guessing a case made for ZMFs would be a popular item.

Now you wont be leaving the office until several hours after you shouldve.

The "just one more song" factor with the VC is strong.

With this and the SR-007 at the office, I'm not sure why I need to have a home system at all anymore...

I use the Pelican case to bring the Auteurs back and forth to the office, but I wouldn't do it daily, it's like a bring on Monday, leave with it on Friday kinda thing. It's wildly bulky to carry around.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,271 of 12,513
People always give me odd looks when I’m carrying the seahorse case...or get comments of “where is the handcuff!?” Lol...if only they knew...I would totally wear a handcuff lock on my ZMF seahorse case to prevent someone stealing my VCs!! Lol

I just tell them I've got a really big lunch planned.

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #1,273 of 12,513
Guys, not sure where you work, but I would just about never get a chance to wear HP's while working.......I would have to interact with my colleagues and get on conference calls all day. I wish I had a chance to listen at work.

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #1,274 of 12,513
Guys, not sure where you work, but I would just about never get a chance to wear HP's while working.......I would have to interact with my colleagues and get on conference calls all day. I wish I had a chance to listen at work.
Good point, and I feel for you. I'm in meetings/calls most of the day too, but during those 2-3 hours per day that I have to review documents, check emails, etc, then my head-fi equipment is like an oasis in the desert. Put the HP on, and focus 100% on my work (well, maybe 5-10% on the music - not ideal, but still great). :)

Need to say that my colleagues think I'm a bit crazy, with the several HPs, the several cables, the Hugo 2 and now my WA2 tube amp. But they thought I was crazy before this, so no harm done. :wink:

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #1,275 of 12,513
Good point, and I feel for you. I'm in meetings/calls most of the day too, but during those 2-3 hours per day that I have to review documents, check emails, etc, then my head-fi equipment is like an oasis in the desert. Put the HP on, and focus 100% on my work (well, maybe 5-10% on the music - not ideal, but still great). :)

Need to say that my colleagues think I'm a bit crazy, with the several HPs, the several cables, the Hugo 2 and now my WA2 tube amp. But they thought I was crazy before this, so no harm done. :wink:

This is my experience too. I get a lot of headphone time in between 9 and 10 and again between 5-7. But every so often, when I need to write or do doc review, I will forward calls to voicemail and listen for a few hours - even if only in the background. I work much better with music playing. I can never get that much time at home either and being able to pause for a bit and enjoy the tunes every now and then while working is really a blessing. Plus, ZMF makes beautiful pieces of wooden art that look gorgeous at my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back