ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 12, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,246 of 12,524
Well... here they are :D I'm about as handy with a camera as a 007 foe with a gun... tried to do them justice with my phone but will have to get my gf to give it a go with her camera sometime. Massive thanks to Zach and Aamer from Acorn Audio. Second to none experience all the way through from initial message to delivery. These weigh 490g, and are super comfortable. I'll leave more detailed impressions for later but from my short time with them this evening, I can say that they are incredible.

With some of my better headphones I've heard little subtle things I had not heard previously... well with these it seems like every track has had some glaringly obvious part that I have repeatedly overlooked, it's insane! I had my eyes close and was getting dizzy, and literally had to open my eyes and take a breather! Sounds like hyperbole, but I'm sure other VC owners out there will continue to pour in with similar claims, following mine and earlier reviews from others who got in early. 100% recommended!

W O W !

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #1,247 of 12,524
Well... here they are :D I'm about as handy with a camera as a 007 foe with a gun... tried to do them justice with my phone but will have to get my gf to give it a go with her camera sometime. Massive thanks to Zach and Aamer from Acorn Audio. Second to none experience all the way through from initial message to delivery. These weigh 490g, and are super comfortable. I'll leave more detailed impressions for later but from my short time with them this evening, I can say that they are incredible.

With some of my better headphones I've heard little subtle things I had not heard previously... well with these it seems like every track has had some glaringly obvious part that I have repeatedly overlooked, it's insane! I had my eyes close and was getting dizzy, and literally had to open my eyes and take a breather! Sounds like hyperbole, but I'm sure other VC owners out there will continue to pour in with similar claims, following mine and earlier reviews from others who got in early. 100% recommended!

I am happy you enjoy your new purchase.

but... I have to say that I am not really fan of this "zebra" type of wood. I will much prefer to receive my Verite C with this wood instead :

ZMF_Verite_Closed__Euforia.JPG

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #1,248 of 12,524

stunning!!

Oct 12, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #1,249 of 12,524

but... I have to say that I am not really fan of this "zebra" type of wood. I will much prefer to receive my Verite C w
That's my fave looking tube amp I've ever seen! So minimalist and industrial looking. Drooling over here...

Good news is theirs nothing utilitarian about the way it sounds. I havent heard one of these mystical GOTL's (YET :wink: ), but i couldnt find anything better sounding under £2.5/3K and is super flexible, in the you can run so many different types of tube without any issues. Running out of hugo2 it sounds sublime, all the clarity, detail and focus of this amazing DAC, but with improved layering separation, airiness with just enough wetness to bring a beautiful organic shape to each note. With the EL39 powers the bass is really next level stuff. Only now plugging the VC's am i truly realising how detailed as well weighted the bass its producing is. I think you could say i'm a fan and i think listening to it via the VC's my admiration is only further enhanced. :)

Oct 12, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,250 of 12,524

Those are one of the absolute handsomest ZMF headphones I've ever seen, and I'm very much more a fan of the darker woods in general- just crazy good grain pattern and color contrast. Stunning job, ZMF folks, super jealous.

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #1,251 of 12,524

That's not just wow, but WHOA!!! That is off the charts. Love the symmetry.

There goes Zach's inbox......I can see the emails now......."Could you give something like what that guy Klmahnn got on my VC"?"

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #1,252 of 12,524

but... I have to say that I am not really fan of this "zebra" type of wood. I will much prefer to receive my Verite C with this wood instead :

Well we all have our quirks :wink: nothing like being a unique snowflake in a blizzard and all that =) the awesome thing about ZMF headphones, they are all beautiful pieces, even if you don’t personally like the specific wood you can still appreciate the art of it! And, well, you know, they sound absolutely wonderful!

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #1,253 of 12,524
Here is a picture of what was my work setup for a couple of days...going back to just the Cayin N6ii next week...wait did I already post this here...sorry if I did...brain is on the fritz lol...long day!

Congrats on the VC but I like that low profile keyboard too. What brand/model is that and do you think it would pair well with Macs?

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #1,254 of 12,524

I’d have them all if I could :D

Oct 12, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #1,255 of 12,524
Congrats on the VC but I like that low profile keyboard too. What brand/model is that and do you think it would pair well with Macs?
Well it is literally, the latest Mac keyboard so...yes :wink: I also use a X-1 keyboard which might be another option, they just released another board recently that I have on order with a more traditional layout.

X-1 and Venture are the two low profile keyboards (plus they are mechanical)
https://www.hexgears.org/collections/all

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #1,256 of 12,524
You wont need the added bass from the universe pads. :)

OK @Monsterzero after this, I went back to the Auteur pads all morning / early afternoon ... Head-stage is very seriously biggest of any closed ever. It is like an open back headphone as others have said.

I am loving them at the moment, although I am not clear yet that they aren't a bit more low-end-bloomy than the Universe pads.

Pop in a six pack of 6bx7s and a Ken Rad VT231 or 6sn7.
.. in the cupboard, ready to go.
GOTL has landed at Heathrow, probably through customs tomorrow... hopeful for Tuesday.

EDIT: Head-stage track

https://tidal.com/browse/track/66580793

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #1,257 of 12,524
I haven't actually tried the pads that came on it yet, certainly enjoying the sound of the universal pads. I weighed my Ironwoods and they come in at 640g but I can't say that I have found it especially an issue, they definitely aren't as comfortable as my Empyreans but not far off considering they are 200g heavier!

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #1,258 of 12,524
OK @Monsterzero after this, I went back to the Auteur pads all morning / early afternoon ... Head-stage is very seriously biggest of any closed ever. It is like an open back headphone as others have said.

I am loving them at the moment, although I am not clear yet that they aren't a bit more low-end-bloomy than the Universe pads.

Hmmmm. I have noticed some fat on the bottom end when using some of my warmer sounding tubes on the various pads.
With the Ken Rad VT231,which supposedly has the biggest bass of any 6sn7 type tube out there,Im not getting any fat whatsoever on the bottom end. Massive slam and rumble yes. Bloom/fat? No.

Its a very clean,tight,musical,hard hitting,holographic sound with clearly defined imaging. Perfect to my ears.

Oct 14, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #1,259 of 12,524
OK. After a full weekend of enjoyment with the VCs, herein I offer some emotional, unmeasured, unapologetic commentary.

* They are painfully good. I am actually sad to go to my office with any other headphones today.
* They are changing a bit w/ about 40h of use and burn in. Bass seems to be tightening. (Or I am losing my sanity/ objectivity)
* The so-quoted "three-dee-ness" is real. I am blown away by the head-stage & imaging.

Caveats
* These are my 1st truly TOTL headphones (no Empys, Utopias, etc). (I have however worked as a studio engineer w/ very top-of-the-line speakers, etc,)
* New toy syndrome
* Excellent - even without my tube amps (1 on holiday, awaiting the other).

.. waiting for the workday to end.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #1,260 of 12,524

Might be the best looking headphones of all time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back