ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #1,216 of 12,524
Oct 12, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #1,217 of 12,524
Heck at this point, I would take a decked out Monkey Pod!!!

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #1,219 of 12,524
Heck at this point, I would take a decked out Monkey Pod!!!

God forbid you have to make such a terrible compromise :wink: :)

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #1,220 of 12,524
One of the most impressive things about the VC for me is how well it does trance music,as well as every other genre.
I have had plenty of headphones that I have dubbed my "trancephones",but they usually fall short in other genres. Like the LCD-2s or my HD250s. Both are excellent for trance,but not so much on other genres I like.

The VC is so damn good at trance im listening to it way more than I usually do. This sounds absurdly good!

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #1,221 of 12,524
Woke up early today to sit down and listen in peace. I felt like a kid sneaking up early to escape.

The main VC-effect seems to be that I am not clicking the >> button to go to the next song. Just enjoying what shuffle brings.

A lot of burn-in time to go. Already lovely to listen to.
(Still preferring the Universe pads.)

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #1,222 of 12,524
Wait til you get your GOTL.
Pop in a six pack of 6bx7s and a Ken Rad VT231 or 6sn7. You wont need the added bass from the universe pads. :)

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #1,223 of 12,524
Woke up early today to sit down and listen in peace. I felt like a kid sneaking up early to escape.

The main VC-effect seems to be that I am not clicking the >> button to go to the next song. Just enjoying what shuffle brings.

A lot of burn-in time to go. Already lovely to listen to.

I did the same, sadly i was joined 5 minutes later by both children brandishing dinosaurs and Lego. VC’s back to burning in without me :frowning2: :).

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #1,224 of 12,524
Wait til you get your GOTL.
CAN'T WAIT. GOTL is still "in the air". I think I might bring down the USPS servers with my constant refreshing of their tracking page.

The pads I am not using now I thought were the "bassier" of the 2 sets.
I am going to double check my pads... I can barely physically tell the difference. Before I go around saying "these pads" I should make sure I am not bass-ackwards...

Oct 12, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #1,225 of 12,524
Someone's smiling on me, i my mother-in-law just scooped up the kids and i'm now making the best possible use of rainy saturday afternoon.

I have swapped out the stock cable which is all good, for a stretch of Pure 22awg UPOCC silver between the VC and Euforia, which is loaded with my favourite EL39/ EL11 glass and thats me done for the next couple of hours.

Right now its Mark Lanegan's With Animals, which has never sounded so dark and dirty with a stage i could walk around in and a low end thats just mmmm.

ZMF Verite Closed & Euforia 12.10.19.JPG

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,226 of 12,524
Well i received my VC Desert Ironwood a few hours ago. This is my first ZMF headphone, and I'm really enjoying their house signature :) Mine weigh in at 621 grams although they don't feel that heavy. The weight reminds me of my previously owned LCD-3F (with the carbon fibre headband), but with the VC i didn't get the hot spot on top of my head after wearing them for over an hour. I haven't had a headphone lean towards the warmer side since my previously owned LCD-4 or Z1R, and the VC is a welcome addition. They have plenty of detail and they also slam really hard when called upon :D Isolation is pretty good, although i'll find out later tonight if they bother my partner :wink: Here's a pic:

20191012_123035.jpg

The wood appears darker in a low lit room, but the feel and polish of the Desert Ironwood is magnificent.

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,228 of 12,524
Regarding the pads. I wanted to clarify (I think I am being slow here.. sorry)

Im not going to post any impressions just yet other than to say I prefer the sound of the smaller/thinner of the two pads that came with the VC.Not the bigger pads that that were already on the headphone. Im not sure what they are called as there doesn't appear to be any labelling? Hopefully someone on here knows which pads I am referring to?

and

Thinner ones are the universe pads.

The VCs come with the Auteur pads on them then? I thought the ones in the case (that did not come on the VCs) looked thinner, but when I really looked I found it hard to distinguish the two :/ Again, I think I am being slow.

On the ZMF site it says the measures are:

Universe:
Outer Dimensions: 4.25" Diameter (108mm)
Ear cavity: 2.79 x 2.2 in (71 x 56 mm)
Thick angled side: 1" (25mm) Thin Angled Side: .79" (20mm)

Auteur:
4.3” Diameter (109mm)
Ear Cavity: 2.83 x 2.28 in (72 x 58 mm)
Tallest height: 1.00" (25mm) Shortest Height: 3/4” (19mm)

Comparing:
Auteur diameter slightly > Universe
Auteur ear cavity slightly > Universe
Auteur short-side slightly < Universe (i.e.; universe thicker?)​

I guess it really doesn't matter what I call them, as long as I am enjoying (yes - I am!). That said, if I want to make any commentary here, I should know which ones are which.

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,229 of 12,524
^^^^ Yep auteur pads are installed and Universe on the side.

PS - Shipped a number of sets out yesterday - more going out this week...and back to sanding MonkeyPod for the day - :L3000:

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 12, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #1,230 of 12,524
^^^^ Yep auteur pads are installed and Universe on the side.

PS - Shipped a number of sets out yesterday - more going out this week...and back to sanding MonkeyPod for the day - :L3000:

Hi Zach,
Writing from Turkey.
I see that Ironwood is limited but I wanted to know if MonkeyPod VC will be continued for a longer time. I ask this because I am not able purchase right now since it costs 6 times more for me due to our money currency. But I plan on saving money so I have a bit more to go...
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back