ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 11, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #1,186 of 12,524
I am already doing that instinctively. Trying to feel the sound, the timbre, the resolution and imaging. Then I get carried away and find myself staring blankly at a wall at work with an open mouth . I only can guess what my coworkers make of that scene.
Well the truth is I am absolutely not a bit jealous. I emulate (if that’s the correct word) and really very happy for your bliss. Enjoy it well!

They might think you are having a stroke if you aren't careful...

Oct 11, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #1,188 of 12,524
Impatient, surely not :p

I have actually gone down a different route and am now getting mine tomorrow for no extra cost! :beerchug:

Blimey that sounds like a right pain! I hope you enjoy them.
Today is the big day @Rowethren - enjoy it!!
It hurt me to go to work away from the new VCs today !!

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #1,189 of 12,524
thanks, but theyre an easy subject to work with!

thanks Jorge, they're definitely photogenic, but look even better in the wood. I'm sorry you've got such a wait. Good news is i think its going to be worth it.

Ive had them burning for about 6 hours, but listening now and first thoughts are, wow thats where my favourite kickdrums have been all this time. They sound very complete out of the box, more so than the Stellia's, which really did need every minute of 150hrs to properly come together. Obvs too early to give any reliable impressions, but ive been wearing them for nearly 3 hours now and they disappear on the head, feeling much lighter than i'd expected, clamping force seems just right and the seal is great, i cant hear the tumble dryer in the other room which thanks to my two boys is a permanent noise fixture 24/7 in our house.

First and immediate impressions of how they sound: the stage is the widest i've CB i've heard and hype is real, for the first time with a CB i dont feel short changed on this front with the upside of CB dynamism and impact. its weird they are fuller than Stellias, but i'm not really hearing any less detail, which is a real surprise... mmmm big smiles, so far and i cant see myself leaving these alone while they run in. I'm not even managing to rattle through my usual test tracks, instead i've just got lost listening to the whole of Fourtet Live at Alexandra Palace, anyone who's ordered and likes electronica, you need not worry, it seems the VC's definitely do techno !! :wink:

Congrats @chrisdrop those ironwood look lovely. Looking forward to seeing a raft of pics of everyones new arrivals :):)
So glad to hear this! For electronic music (which is my primary genre), I love my 820s. The space, surgical precision, and tight bass beat the Z1Rs handily here, with the LCD2Cs coming second due to that unbeatable planar bass. I've loved the Aeolus so far but I haven't formed a solid opinion on it yet in terms of where it stands in my collection, I've just not given it enough time because I know I probably need to let a few headphones go and I was kind of pitting my other non ZMF headphones against each other to reach a decision, which has been unsuccessful lol.

I'm getting my VC tomorrow so I imagine by early next year I'll have decided whether I have only the VC (because it's so good I won't ever want to listen to anything else) or the VC and a complement, or perhaps even just stick with the Aeolus and one or two others (with cost/benefit factored in). One thing is for sure, there will always be at least one ZMF in my collection, they are incredible and I feel so privileged to be alive whilst Zach decided to start making headphones haha.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #1,190 of 12,524
IMG_0995.jpg
Really enjoying these Bad Boys

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #1,191 of 12,524
Really enjoying the VC. I was so happy to come home from work yesterday and have these waiting for me.

A big thank you to Zach who delivered on replicating the finish of the London CanJam demo model I asked for.

Im not going to post any impressions just yet other than to say I prefer the sound of the smaller/thinner of the two pads that came with the VC.Not the bigger pads that that were already on the headphone. Im not sure what they are called as there doesn't appear to be any labelling? Hopefully someone on here knows which pads I am referring to?

Did I say I was enjoying my listening? Bit of an understatement right now!

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #1,193 of 12,524
@zach915m - awesome work on these things - all of them. We are lucky to have you!

A big thank you to Zach who delivered on replicating the finish of the London CanJam demo model I asked for.
Absolutely beautiful !

I prefer the sound of the smaller/thinner of the two pads that came with the VC.Not the bigger pads that that were already on the headphone.
Me too.. so far at least.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,194 of 12,524
thanks, but theyre an easy subject to work with!

thanks Jorge, they're definitely photogenic, but look even better in the wood. I'm sorry you've got such a wait. Good news is i think its going to be worth it. Looking forward to seeing a raft of pics of everyones new arrivals :):)
Thanks Rob! Even if I get them last I'll make sure to post some pictures for you guys. The good thing is yesterday I got my Woo WA2 (my first tube amp), so I have something to keep me busy while I wait.

So I not the only one waiting in Brazil. Probably mine will take a little more to get. MP or IW you choosed?
Great to hear that ZMF is growing in Brazil! I've seen a few pre-owned offers online, which is good (waaaay too many Senns).
I went with IW. What about you?

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #1,195 of 12,524
Really enjoying the VC. I was so happy to come home from work yesterday and have these waiting for me.

Im not going to post any impressions just yet other than to say I prefer the sound of the smaller/thinner of the two pads that came with the VC.Not the bigger pads that that were already on the headphone. Im not sure what they are called as there doesn't appear to be any labelling? Hopefully someone on here knows which pads I am referring to?

Thinner ones are the universe pads.

Universe: Smooth with punch, air and fast transients. The most "tonally" correct pad on the Vérité Closed, as it has the smoothest response, but the spaciousness of the Universe pad suffers ever so slightly vs the auteur pad. It's a crisp experience with an all around great performance that will accentuate the venue of the recording.

auteur: Space, linearity, decay and speed. The auteur pads help make the Vérité Closed the most "open" sound we've heard from a closed back. Although the sound is a touch more W shaped than the Universe pads, the decay, space and speed is addicting. Plenty close to down-sloped response for mid-range beauty as well.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,196 of 12,524
Beautiful finish. Nice one Rob. You have fine taste Sir!

Like-wise, but i think you're going to have Zach's phone ringing off the hook about changing orders to black ash.. stunning!

And without wanting to gush too much it thanks to your unequivocal recommendation after canjam and our previous shared tastes with other HPs, which pushed me over the edge into ordering blind. Not that i would have laid that pressure at your door, but so far everything you said is spot on, they just sound right out of the box, so a big big thank you and happy listening :):)

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,197 of 12,524
Thanks Rob! Even if I get them last I'll make sure to post some pictures for you guys. The good thing is yesterday I got my Woo WA2 (my first tube amp), so I have something to keep me busy while I wait.

Great to hear that ZMF is growing in Brazil! I've seen a few pre-owned offers online, which is good (waaaay too many Senns).

IW too.

IW too. I saw those pre-owned offers. I trade my hd800 and pick the Autuer teak.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,198 of 12,524

How do you find the pairing with the Sony amp? I've always been tempted by it.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #1,199 of 12,524
How do you find the pairing with the Sony amp? I've always been tempted by it.

It's a nice pairing but im sure there are better ones out there. Although you might have to spend quite a bit more to make any big gains.To be honest I too always fancied owning it and have watched it from a far for a couple of years or so. When I finally got the opportunity to buy it at a price I could not refuse I jumped on it. I would describe it as a slightly warm amp/dac combo. Think WM1Z on steroids and you are kind of the right track. its what I would call an easy listen kind of sound but still with lots of details. Not your typical solid state and certainly not dry or thin sounding, more full and musical sounding. To be fair it's a sound signature that plays every genre really well and so far pairs nicely with any headphone I've tried with it. My only caveat is it might not be the most powerful amp/dac so if have any very hard to drive headphones, again you might be better off looking elsewhere. I don't and it drives mine absolutely fine with bags of headroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back